fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author

I’ve got a whine. Back in July I pre-ordered a figurine of Alice, a character from a PC game series I like. http://myfigurecollection.net/picture/236260&ref=item%3A77455 It came out in late November and mine was shipped out on Dec. 2. I chose SAL Registered for my shipping, because shipping EMS from Japan is pretty expensive and I usually prefer to use EMS for combined shipments. For me SAL usually takes 14 to 15 calendar days, but because of the holiday shipping congestion, it’s been 24 days and no package.

The thing that makes it annoying is that although SAL registered has tracking, half the time no one bothers to scan it because they mistake it for Unregistered, which does not have tracking. So I know the package left Japan on Dec. 4, but I have no idea where it is right now… I’m sure it’ll get here eventually, but the suspense is killing me! After waiting 4-5 months for the figure to come out it’s hard to wait much longer. whine whine whine

Aside from that I’ve got nothing to complain about, I had a very nice Christmas

Elena
    Participant

Talk to one of the homeless people. That can actually be extremely interesting. Do be mindful though. Not all, but many, people who live on the streets have some personal problems. So be aware of your boundaries and personal space. I have had some amazing conversations with homeless men and women. Their stories are usually as fascinating as they are sad.

I have a weeny whine.

Been very mindful of being “PC” and wishing people a Happy Holidays this season. Every single person I’ve said “Happy Holidays!” to has responded with “Merry Christmas to you too!” And after all the rants I’ve been reading online about how people don’t CARE what other people say, I was just starting to think it was silly.

So I went to pick up an art print from a local artist as a gift for my mom, and as I thanked her for meeting up with me, I just went “ah fuggit” in my head and told her to “have a Merry Christmas!”

Her response?

“Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you too.” (emphasis hers)

fhdkajslhfjklahsgjkdflhgjkflhagjkflhjk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain. People can be so touchy about such a little deal.

We had a news story here about whether to say happy holidays or what not with views from various other (non Christian) religious leaders and they all advised everyone to simply accept whatever was said in the SPIRIT INTENDED. It completely negates the spirit of the season if you get touchy about it.

Funnily enough the group of people we had at work that wished us all Merry Christmas the most was the Muslim group and they don’t celebrate Christmas!

Carolyn
      Participant

Last 2 days I’ve been losting my internet connection due to this weather . Drives me nuts .

Carolyn
        Participant

Just having a rocky start to the new year . Depressed and worried . Not sure how this new year will be .

Carolyn
          Participant

Man I hate people who slam doors ! Adults acting like little kids . I hate living in an apartment . What stupid people . Slamming a door like a child having a tantum . Come on people … grow up .
            No little kids or teens here . Everyone is over 30 at the least .

fatalbeauty
            Participant

ugh, had my share of noisy downstairs people…

last before the quiet guy, slammed the doors hard at all hours…

before that, fighting mother and daughter, the daughter cursed her mother out oh so rudely….they usually started at 8:30am every day…

before that, it was I like to turn my surround sound on way tooo loud all the time….

4 things I'm looking for:
              1. Mother Meerkat
              2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
              3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
              4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Carolyn
              Participant

Yeah you can’t see why people need to do that . I’ve tried to sound proof my door . I put insulation around the door and it does keep out some sounds . But a door slam enough to shake the wall is crazy .
                At least it’s mostly quiet . After 10 at night it’s quiet time .
                People are nuts sometimes .

fatalbeauty
                Participant

people are crazy boogers I guess?

but yeah, door slamming can be quite jarring especially if you’re napping at the time….

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF, Brimstone would be awesome!
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Carolyn
                  Participant

Yeah it’s nuts . It’s still happening tonight .
                    Another whine is smoking . It comes under my door and I hate it . We’re not suppost to have candles here , but I only light them to get rid of the smell . Yuck . Nasty habit .

Hannah
                    Participant

Yeah it’s nuts . It’s still happening tonight .
                      Another whine is smoking . It comes under my door and I hate it . We’re not suppost to have candles here , but I only light them to get rid of the smell . Yuck . Nasty habit .

You’re not allowed to have candles, but people are allowed to smoke in the building? That doesnt seem fair :/

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Carolyn
                      Participant

Yeah you can smoke but not have candles . I guess they figure people use lighters when they smoke . The candle I have is soy and you don’t even need to light it to smell it . Roses .

Carolyn
                        Participant

Never will I get involved with an action of any thing . I will buy only something that is for sale and not to be bid on . It just gets my heart broken and it’s not worth it . I got enough bad stuff and stress in my life to deal with bidding and losing things .
                          I will only deal with sellers who are selling their stuff .

Carolyn
                          Participant

Ugh got to remember not to call PYO Keepers , Secret Keepers . I never noticed thats what they were called .

Carolyn
                            Participant

Me again . lol . Had trouble with my internet today . The modom was messed up and I could not get connected . What a nightmare .

Tara
                              Participant

Wahhh! I just sliced my foot open pretty good and had to go get stitches. Sorta good news: I don’t have to walk to the bus stop tomorrow in -20 something Celcius weather and I don’t appear to have cut anything important.

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,863 total)
                              • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.