fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Adaneth
    Participant

Just finishing making this, and it rather fits this thread… 😆

That’s definitely my biggest ‘whine’ at present…go on about it enough every year!

PhoenixTears
      Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Why can’ I stop eating naughty foods? I am working out, but I can’t keep myself away from chocolate and cookies! AARRGGH! lol (but yummy!)

This is the thing for me… if I find it any kind of temptation and I can’t steel myself to consume in moderation (which should be alright for anything), I do not bring it into the house. Common rule of thumb, go food shopping while satiated after a meal, and that is where you steel yourself. Do not buy the temptations. That way, when you’re at home and it’s easy to give in cause you’re bored or tired or even, hungry, you can’t zip to the pantry and grab a naughty. Put something with less calories or sugar free in its place. Try to find a suitable alternative be it in taste or texture. Because of some elder family, I’ve grown up eating fat and sugar free my whole life so I notice no difference except that food with those things is too much for me, sometimes.

This is going to sound insane and many will disagree with me but I’ll share with you anyway. I love chocolate like many folks do. However, I really should not have it. Mind you, I can’t even consume it in bulk anyway or else I tend to fly into sugar shock. But I don’t want to have it in the house anyway (once you get over the huge hump of withdrawal or temptation you’ll be surprised at how much easier it is to finally maintain your conviction). I have found this helps me (here come the “you’re nuts” comments, I know)… but I use effusion lamps (google it; think Lampe Berger). I choose to buy, among many, the Chocolate scent (even mix it with my Peppermint scent for a Mint Choco scent). I burn that lamp with a Chocolate flavour in it and believe it or not, it relieves any hankering I may have for the actual thing. Some might think as I use to- which is, that would cause the temptation and desire to go through the roof. I thought so too, until I tried it this way. For me, it worked. It might for you too. Can’t hurt to try (except you may get hooked on effusion lamp scents like I did).

Oh, and if you really are seriously thinking of getting an effusion lamp and scents, I have 2 places with the best prices that I go and would be happy to supply the links.

Last- try shopping for the cookies and chocolate at a health store or the like. Even check out the diabetic or health section of your grocery store. Really can’t hurt to try these things. OK, now I’m ready for everyone to fly in on me and tell me how wrong I am, that I’m crazy. Go ahead. But if so, then I’m simply crazy… without having any cravings!! 😆

DM, I use to have trouble reading that blue print too but then one day, it was much clearer here on screen. So I thought I could use it. But if someone is coming forward and saying they have trouble, I appreciate it because you’re likely not the only one. Is the pink any better? Thank you for saying something.

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Bob

I guess my eyes are getting bad I have a problem reading the dark blue type *whine*

PhoenixTears
          Participant

DM, see above.

“Fate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.”

Bob

Sway wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Why can’ I stop eating naughty foods? I am working out, but I can’t keep myself away from chocolate and cookies! AARRGGH! lol (but yummy!)

This is the thing for me… if I find it any kind of temptation and I can’t steel myself to consume in moderation (which should be alright for anything), I do not bring it into the house. Common rule of thumb, go food shopping while satiated after a meal, and that is where you steel yourself. Do not buy the temptations. That way, when you’re at home and it’s easy to give in cause you’re bored or tired or even, hungry, you can’t zip to the pantry and grab a naughty. Put something with less calories or sugar free in its place. Try to find a suitable alternative be it in taste or texture. Because of some elder family, I’ve grown up eating fat and sugar free my whole life so I notice no difference except that food with those things is too much for me, sometimes.

This is going to sound insane and many will disagree with me but I’ll share with you anyway. I love chocolate like many folks do. However, I really should not have it. Mind you, I can’t even consume it in bulk anyway or else I tend to fly into sugar shock. But I don’t want to have it in the house anyway (once you get over the huge hump of withdrawal or temptation you’ll be surprised at how much easier it is to finally maintain your conviction). I have found this helps me (here come the “you’re nuts” comments, I know)… but I use effusion lamps (google it; think Lampe Berger). I choose to buy, among many, the Chocolate scent (even mix it with my Peppermint scent for a Mint Choco scent). I burn that lamp with a Chocolate flavour in it and believe it or not, it relieves any hankering I may have for the actual thing. Some might think as I use to- which is, that would cause the temptation and desire to go through the roof. I thought so too, until I tried it this way. For me, it worked. It might for you too. Can’t hurt to try (except you may get hooked on effusion lamp scents like I did).

Oh, and if you really are seriously thinking of getting an effusion lamp and scents, I have 2 places with the best prices that I go and would be happy to supply the links.

Last- try shopping for the cookies and chocolate at a health store or the like. Even check out the diabetic or health section of your grocery store. Really can’t hurt to try these things. OK, now I’m ready for everyone to fly in on me and tell me how wrong I am, that I’m crazy. Go ahead. But if so, then I’m simply crazy… without having any cravings!! 😆

DM, I use to have trouble reading that blue print too but then one day, it was much clearer here on screen. So I thought I could use it. But if someone is coming forward and saying they have trouble, I appreciate it because you’re likely not the only one. Is the pink any better? Thank you for saying something.
              MUCH BETTER!!! thanks

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Some text can be harder to read than others, and it varies from computer screen to computer screen depending on your contrast, brightness, and gamma settings! When in doubt, try light (bright), nonsaturated colors.

Whine: My bosom is a different size on each side due to a past surgery and so no bra I’ve ever had fits properly!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

0.o sorry to hear about your bosom Jennifer

I have a new whine… I got my new schedule and I have eight 11 to 8 shifts in a row because my coworker is on vacation and apparently I am scheduled to cover all her shifts.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Megan
                  Participant

My whine for the day: I just got home from my dad’s place in Ohio, where they keep the air conditioning at Arctic levels and I’m miserably cold. And now I’m home where we have no AC, and it’s way too miserably hot. Gripe, gripe, gripe. The “vacation” at dad’s wasn’t great. The family fought the whole time. And I come home to see my darling little guinea pigs have flipped bedding all over the floor, which needs to be cleaned. While it’s sooo hot. Gripe, gripe, gripe. 😆

PhoenixTears
                    Participant

Actually, for those that haven’t had surgery, most women’s boobs are different sizes from each other. Same with fingers on either side, the feet, etc. Usually one side of the body is minutely larger than the other. You may not be able to see it but notice it in small ways such as a ring may feel tighter on your left ring finger but put it on the right and it fits a little easier (or right shoe may be a bit tighter than the left shoe). For me, my right side in general is ever so slightly larger than the left. Not in sight but in those small ways… including boobage. As for surgery, well, that might be a completely different matter.

Jennifer wrote:

Whine: My bosom is a different size on each side due to a past surgery and so no bra I’ve ever had fits properly!

Me too!! (Though not for reasons related to surgery) 😳

Dragon Master wrote:

I guess my eyes are getting bad I have a problem reading the dark blue type *whine*

*whine* I had a bit of problem with the blue, but I *really* have problems with the pink. Because of my problems seeing light pink, the dark pink on grey is just not enough of a contrast for me. But that’s just me, and it’s only really a problem on long posts. So continue to use if you want. A lighter pink would probably be better because then it just looks white to me! LOL

I never thought it would be a problem until I saw Sway’s post. The short one was okay, the long one made my eyes hurt. Weird.

And…. *anti-whine* Kimi’s eyes are better today. The new drops seem to be working!!!! Any price is good as long as her eyes clear up! (though I’m still secretly whining a bit about the price)

Lokie
                      Participant

Sway wrote:

Actually, for those that haven’t had surgery, most women’s boobs are different sizes from each other. Same with fingers on either side, the feet, etc. Usually one side of the body is minutely larger than the other. You may not be able to see it but notice it in small ways such as a ring may feel tighter on your left ring finger but put it on the right and it fits a little easier (or right shoe may be a bit tighter than the left shoe). For me, my right side in general is ever so slightly larger than the left. Not in sight but in those small ways… including boobage. As for surgery, well, that might be a completely different matter.

Yeah, I thought it was “normal” to have one body part bigger than another, just the proportions vary for each person. 😕 This will totally shatter my self acceptance if my assumption was wrong. =P My feet are different, my boobs, finger thickness, and I too have one ear sightly lower than another so I have to bend my frames a bit.

PhoenixTears
                        Participant

Lokie, all those things you mentioned, change from my left to right also (boobs included). Something no one would notice unless I pointed it out. And even if they did notice, if they had a problem with it, well, it’s their problem is my thinking. Our body symmetry goes as far as (for most people), 2 of many things, one on each side of our center line. Personally, I’m very accepting so while others have brushed away friends I have because they have 9 or 11 fingers or toes (that have not been able to be changed), those folks have missed out on some beautiful hearted people. My gain, their loss. My judgment of myself is much harder than I could ever judge someone else.

Long posts, yea, my fault. Sorry. I do a lot of typing for a living and don’t realize how long things get because I type so fast. I’m not here much but I’ll try to curtail it.

I don’t like typing in white. For me, like you with the long posts of pink, it all starts to run together and hurts my eyes when I’m reading. I like those that break it up with colour. Are any of these colours any better? I have to find one most can read and one I like as well. Btw, if you can’t read it, again, you’re the only person to have come forward which, in my experience, means you’re not alone but had the understanding to know I’d not take it offensively and said so with innocent intentions. I’d just like to find a colour that sits well with everyone because one day I might have something important to say!

Sway, those are all fine for me, but the purple one might have the same problems as the dark blue for, say DM. Since it’s dark, and all. :shrug: I have no problems with it. But thanks for being understanding. And I wasn’t complaining about long posts for you, just that it was more of a problem with longer posts. Post as long as you like! 🙂

And I got the pink thing from my mum.

And I’ve noticed that my rings fit different on both hands. And one leg is longer then the other. Although my one finger is out of contention, I damaged the joint on my index finger in highschool, and it never lost all of the size from the swelling. So it’s MUCH bigger then the other index finger.

LadyFirebird
                          Participant

As for each sides of our body being slightly from each other. I was told some time back that if you took a picture of your face and split it in half and made a perfect match for each side, you would have 2 different looking people! So we’re all lopsided a bit! 😈

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,863 total)
                          • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.