fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

I can’t sleep!!!!! I’m not even sleepy–sooooo glad I don’t have to get up early tomorrow. Then tomorrow’s Saturday–Yipeee! Wait, I have no job so everyday is Saturday! So I’m sitting here drinking root beer [maybe if it were real beer it’d put me out ๐Ÿ˜† ] seeing who else is up at this hour. Quite a few I see! ๐Ÿ˜†

Purplecat
      Participant

I would love to paint my toenails or fingernails….but they look weird painted because they’re squarishly shaped. What is it with alllll these people with beautiful oval shaped fingernails?

My right foot is slightly larger than my left foot…making shoes a real annoyance for me….and my left ear is slightly higher than my left ear, making it so I always have to bend and “adjust” my glasses so THEY arent lopsided on my face!

The dragon I’ve been sculpting sporadically on for months, that I thought was nearly complete…I just realized he has a different expression on each side of his face! One side is happy, the other side looks confused. go figure. ๐Ÿ™„

Oh, and my cat is evil….pure and totally evil. I swear she intentionally FINDS ways to get into new trouble…just to keep us on our toes. Everything from eating my son’s homework (I am NOT kidding on this one) to launching herself onto the dog’s butt just to instill terror in an animal ten times her size……

dragonmedley
        Participant

This whine no longer applies, but it did last week during our heat-humidity wave:

The pool water is up to 32 degrees Celsius… I think it’s like 90 degree F. It’s soup, it’s a bath, no, it’s mah pool!

Now how’s that for a great whine, huh?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
          Participant

Random, but the community section has had 111,111 posts ๐Ÿ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
            Siphlophis Male Dragon
            Calypso Hatching Empress
            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
            Tattoo Mother Kirin
            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PhoenixTears
            Participant

Todays whine… an extension of one of my originals. DVDs… people who pocket the actual DVD and put a totally different one in the case to return. Lots of time the employees just flip it open to be sure there is a disc in there and don’t look closely enough to see it’s the right one. Happened with us today. We really wanted to see 2012 (which, in the end, let us down… I blame it on too much hype prior to release) and when we put the DVD in, it was some random DVD of the best 150 Classical Westerns. I’d like to think this was a simple mistake but the store says you’d be surprised at how deliberate this kind of thing can be. If so, hopefully they can track down people like that. We live in a very nice area and don’t need crappy element here. But on balance, we also rented Avatar which worried me because of its hype (in my experience, movies that win tons of awards, I have really never taken a shine to). We all loved it very much, even as a rental (smaller screen compared to theater).

โ€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.โ€

Bob

purplecat wrote:

My right foot is slightly larger than my left foot…making shoes a real annoyance for me….and my left ear is slightly higher than my left ear, making it so I always have to bend and “adjust” my glasses so THEY arent lopsided on my face!

Oh, and my cat is evil….pure and totally evil. I swear she intentionally FINDS ways to get into new trouble…just to keep us on our toes. Everything from eating my son’s homework (I am NOT kidding on this one) to launching herself onto the dog’s butt just to instill terror in an animal ten times her size……
                I have that expression all the time!! Sounds like a dragon i need!!

You GOOOOOOO kittie!!!! WoooHooo!!!!!!

bayoudragon
                Participant

Power went out earlier today. Ugh, hot and humid! *whine*

No power, couldn’t do much. I thought I’d maybe sketch in the meantime (I haven’t done so in months). Umm, I can’t find my sketch pack anywhere. ๐Ÿ™„ *double whine*

It HAS been months. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Jasmine
                  Participant

Freaked out cause I lost my debit card today, used it to buy something, must have forgotten to put it back in my purse. Luckily realized it while we were still out (but about an hour away from where I think I lost it)…had to call and cancel…have to wait til Monday to go to the bank and get a new one. I’m just glad it wasn’t my credit card. Okay that’s only 1/2 a whine. ๐Ÿ˜€

PhoenixTears
                    Participant

Geez, I never complain this much but open it up and I seem to come running!

I’m ticked off at ABC. They, like a few other networks, have canceled some of my favorite shows. OK, I can learn to deal with that. But here is what makes me WHINE! They create a new show, run the whole season (despite changing time slots and days back and forth… and they wonder why they cant keep a freakin audience ๐Ÿ˜ก ), and then cancel the show without showing the last 2 episodes! I HATE that!

Whats worse? There was an article (and the listing was in agreement in TV Guide) that they would air the last 2 episodes of Eastwick, tonight, back to back. TV Guide said they would and so did articles. What did ABC do? They went and ran repeats of other shows already aired! They met with great demand and disappointment with the lack of finishing the premiere seasons of Eastwick and Happytown so they were gonna air the final 2 of Eastwick at least, so they told us, tonight. They didn’t. We are now afraid to enjoy any shows on ABC in fear of liking them, and them getting yanked. New shows need at least 2 seasons to capture an audience, and a good time slot. And especially, consistency! By this I mean do not change times and days on us all the time! Back and forth, we can’t keep up! No wonder ratings suffer. I’m not a network exec but seriously, duh. ๐Ÿ™„

We’ve decided not to watch this network for a while. Our own little protest which we realize will not make a dent in them. But many of my circle are ticked off beyond belief. We’re angry too that ABC (they are the biggest offenders) will not renew FlashForward, and ticked that NBC has canceled Heroes. There is talk they will do some wrap up event for that show, which they better come through with. Mark my words here and now, ABC will either not renew, suddenly cancel and/or not air the final 2 episodes of their 2 new shows, Scoundrels and The Gates. We like these shows a lot but we have decided not to watch anymore because we fear we’ll be :spank: by the network yet again. Rather not watch than get so into it (too late) and have it dumped.

To sum up the whine broadly, this year has been the most invasive and depressing year when it comes to canceling or not renewing or wrapping shows that we love and watch over here. Soon, reality shows will take over and no longer be a simple guilty pleasure… they will rule and be the only thing to watch rather than provocative and thought invoking real series. Truly, it’s back to books for us. :heavy sigh:

โ€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.โ€

purplecat wrote:

Imagine your son going to class the next day…. good luck getting the teacher to believe “The cat ate it!” ๐Ÿ˜† Seriously though, I hope he can rewrite it or something before it’s due.

My current whine is that Kimi’s newest drops plus vet visit = $160. But her eyes look better. Even if I almost chucked my breakfast at the office, when he grabbed the clamps, put anesthetic drops in her eyes, and then started grabbing and poking around. :puke: For someone who works at a ground beef factory, I sure do have a weak stomach for stuff like that. I’m getting sick again thinking about it. *whine*

Can I have some cheese? OH WAIT! I have Feta in the fridge! *runs off* Because cheese with my whine is epic awesome.

Katherine
                      Participant

I read too many posts to respond to them all, but some made me giggle, while others made me sad. *HUGS TO ALL*
                        WHINE…..Legend of the Seeker is more than likely going to be canceled. Only two seasons aired, and I want TONS more!! WAAAHHH!
                        Bigger whine…..I really want my husband to get a job where he is home every night, but instead, he is always gone, and comes home only once a week. WHINE WHINE WHINE I always feel abandoned. ๐Ÿ™
                        More whining….Why can’ I stop eating naughty foods? I am working out, but I can’t keep myself away from chocolate and cookies! AARRGGH! lol (but yummy!)

Skigod377
                        Participant

Awww you poor babies… my bike has a flat tire, for the 5th time, so I get to walk a mile and a half thru the burning Iraqi desert to get to work. When I get there, I have nothing to do and no internet, so all I can do is homework! HOMEWORK, PEOPLE! BAH! Whine… oh woe is me. At least my AC works ๐Ÿ˜€

Bodine
                          Participant

Can’t find a job…. ๐Ÿ™

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

LadyFirebird
                            Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

Can’t find a job…. ๐Ÿ™

I hear you on that one! I get so mad at certain arrogant people who complain that those currently collecting unemployment benefits can find a job! I bet you they have a steady income one way or other–so easy to talk down about people when you don’t have to worry about walking in their shoes! There were jobs I applied for that just hit the listings–thought I was first one in–but nooooooo–haven’t heard squat from anyone and the one 2 that replied to me were no goes–already found someone. That’s why I decided to go back to school for a career change–obviously my years of experience aren’t worth mouse squat!!! ๐Ÿ˜ก

darjeb
                              Participant

I can’t think of anything to whine about at the minute everything is going pretty good.

The only thing I could possibly whine about is the fact that the only sport I watch is Figure Skating and none of the local TV channels have televised any of them for the last two years. When I looked at the Figure Skating schedule online the only channel showing them is CBC which is a Canadian network. I sent all the channels (ABC, CBS, NBC) an email of complaint but you know what good that does

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 1,863 total)
                              • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.