fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

I just got a new job… I went from having two jobs with 34 Soldiers to having two jobs with 83 Soldiers… well… only 80 now… Top helped me fire three so they are in the platoon I just left. πŸ˜€ Twice the work and the same pay. Gah! I’ve got a headache.

I HATE MY DIGITAL CAMERA! πŸ™„ Every time I go to take photos, it either randomly shuts down, or freezes!…BTW, this is the second one I had. The first got returned for the same problem! :scratch: I didn’t choose this dern thing, it was given to me by my Father for my birthday. I am pretty sure it is a defective battery design. The suckiest thing is: I am poor, and cannot afford to buy a proper camera. πŸ™ So until I can, I have to deal with taking snapshots when my camera is being agreeable. Which means in tiny spurts of 5-10 minutes.

This is a frustrating issue because my Career depends upon taking GOOD images of all my stuffage that I sell on Etsy, and Artfire! 😑

Katherine
      Participant

Can this be a crying thread too? I cannot seem to get a job. I continue to apply to many of them, and to no avail! My husband’s pay got cut in half, and his ex-wife got more child support out of him every month now, and I just feel like all is hopeless and that no one cares about me! I feel left out and I feel that everyone’s life is continuing without me and I am left in the dust. I try to be happy, I really do, but I find myself depressed about life all the time.
        It’s my responsibility to haul my weight around here, and I feel like no one is giving me a chance.

Bob

I finally got my vampire dragon egg and he grew up but I missed this year Christmas ones due to slow internet and the tree decorating contest since I was not on enough to get a lot or ornements

LadyFirebird
          Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Can this be a crying thread too? I cannot seem to get a job. I continue to apply to many of them, and to no avail! My husband’s pay got cut in half, and his ex-wife got more child support out of him every month now, and I just feel like all is hopeless and that no one cares about me! I feel left out and I feel that everyone’s life is continuing without me and I am left in the dust. I try to be happy, I really do, but I find myself depressed about life all the time.
            It’s my responsibility to haul my weight around here, and I feel like no one is giving me a chance.

I really, really feel for you. I know exactly what you mean. I’m in the same boat and although I try to be brave and put on that happy face and give off that ‘I can lick this’ attitude, deep down I’m scared. It’s such a shame that so many able bodied and willing people who want to work, yet can’t find anything. I want to be self sufficient and yet here I sit, unemployed for over a year. I thought it was because I was older and some I know have been forced into early retirement because of it.

The problem is that there aren’t enough jobs to go around and employers are swamped with applicants for just one job. Employers then just wade through and pick the best of the bunch–unfortunately, I don’t seem to be in that top bracket either. The only comfort I can offer is that you’re not alone in this. I sometimes just feel so anxious and overwhelmed about all this. Yes, I also want to and try to be happy but find myself down and out a lot.

We will try to offer each other support in times like this and the only thing I can hope for is better times to come. But better times seems to be taking its time. πŸ™

Pegasi1978
            Participant

πŸ˜₯ Lost the auction. πŸ˜₯

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Which auction? The serpentine baby kirin? I tried for him and the first one and lost both of ’em, too. πŸ˜₯ I wish it would be an LP color 😳

Pegasi1978
                Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Which auction? The serpentine baby kirin? I tried for him and the first one and lost both of ’em, too. πŸ˜₯ I wish it would be an LP color 😳

Yep the serpentine baby kirin. I missed the bidding on #1 completely. I had #2 up until the last 20 seconds and then I got outbid. I upped my bid in the last 5 seconds, but it wasn’t high enough. Help me squeek* for more?

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

skeeterdeee wrote:

pegasi1978 wrote:

Yep the serpentine baby kirin. I missed the bidding on #1 completely. I had #2 up until the last 20 seconds and then I got outbid. I upped my bid in the last 5 seconds, but it wasn’t high enough. Help me squeek* for more?

I already squeek* ed before I even read this! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I LOVE that color on them!!

Wampus Dragon
                    Participant

Minor whine. We are in the middle of buying/building a house and I never knew there was so much paperwork involved. My ADD makes it difficult to sit down and concentrate on reading contracts and I just hate paperwork in general. I just want my house!

Katherine
                      Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

eaglefeather831 wrote:

I really, really feel for you. I know exactly what you mean. I’m in the same boat and although I try to be brave and put on that happy face and give off that ‘I can lick this’ attitude, deep down I’m scared. It’s such a shame that so many able bodied and willing people who want to work, yet can’t find anything. I want to be self sufficient and yet here I sit, unemployed for over a year. I thought it was because I was older and some I know have been forced into early retirement because of it.

The problem is that there aren’t enough jobs to go around and employers are swamped with applicants for just one job. Employers then just wade through and pick the best of the bunch–unfortunately, I don’t seem to be in that top bracket either. The only comfort I can offer is that you’re not alone in this. I sometimes just feel so anxious and overwhelmed about all this. Yes, I also want to and try to be happy but find myself down and out a lot.

We will try to offer each other support in times like this and the only thing I can hope for is better times to come. But better times seems to be taking its time. πŸ™

Wow, that is really encouraging, that I am not alone. You are right, better times are taking their sweet time, and it seems like the bad times linger for too long. *hug* I really will pray you will get a job!!!

Pegasi, I hope Melody will make more for you! πŸ™‚
                        DM, if you need me to breed Christmas dragons for you next year, i will gladly do it!
                        Sechan, I hope you can get the house of your dreams, and you will survive the paperwork. πŸ™‚

I hate my body, can I trade it in??? I think I went past my warranty and it’s starting to break down. πŸ™„

Between getting a flu 2(?) weeks ago, to a cold last week, to the fact that I just threw out my back PETTING THE CAT :shout: (and it’s not responding to pain killers), I have just been having an awful time.

Did I mention that a lady that did a bunch of my paperwork quit last week too?? So now I’m gonna be super behind at work, too. πŸ™„

Hannah
                        Participant

I’ve been working part-time at this theater for 5 years. For the first 4 it was great because I had college to attend and it’s the perfect evening job to have while studying! Well, last fall a position opened up (one that I briefly took over a few years ago) for a full time job here. I was a shoe-in but was passed up for the manager’s old friend. I vowed that I would quit after that because it really felt like a wrong to me – I’ve been more helpful to this theater since I’ve been here than 90% of the other workers that have come and gone and I really deserved that job!

Well I asked for a raise about 6 months ago (yeah. seriously. 😑 ) and only recently was I called in for a meeting to discuss it. Their solution? They want to give me 2 extra hours a week instead of a raise. I’m tearing my hair out because I haven’t been given a raise in 3 years now and they act like they’re doing me a huge favor by giving me 2 measley extra hours per week doing some crappy paperwork!!! ARGHGHH!!! I really just want to tell them to shove it but of course I need the money πŸ™

I hate my job.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Elena
                          Participant

It’s VAlentine’s Day πŸ™
                            So today along with all the other crap that is happening in my life I have the whole world reminding me that I utterly and completely alone πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

Katherine
                            Participant

*hugs* *hugs* and more *hugs* πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 1,863 total)
                            • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.