fbpx

WHINE is served

Home Forums Miscellany Community WHINE is served

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,863 total)
  • Author
    WolfenMachine
    Participant

oh no! Drag0n! Did you have insurance on your cell phone? Was it stolen at work? I guess you’ve tried calling the phone to see if anyone answers. Some PEOPLE 😡 ! Didn’t Melody say somewhere she was making the young Poad a production item? And it would probably match the “tribal” Poad in stores?

Grayfire-if you need help with French, I can help! I have Skype so we could chat if you wanted. Ive studied it for many years, and have a knack for languages. Je l’adore (I love it). I took a french class at school last semester (it was a re-take from high school actually-local colleges dont offer anything past French 4 :P) but I still got an A 😀

dragon87-LOL “Vampire Den” I like that.

Grayfire_artz
      Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Grayfire-if you need help with French, I can help! I have Skype so we could chat if you wanted. Ive studied it for many years, and have a knack for languages. Je l’adore (I love it). I took a french class at school last semester (it was a re-take from high school actually-local colleges dont offer anything past French 4 :P) but I still got an A 😀

oooooh i may have to take you up on that!!
        😀

Amanda
        Participant

I must have been a bit over enthusiastic in my brushing of doggie teeth yesterday, cause I got bitten on my ring finger. Didn’t think it was going to be too bad since it was just one puncture and a cut, but I didn’t anticipate my finger being so swollen. Can’t make a fist or straighten it all the way :K

siberakh1
          Participant

grayfire artz wrote:

I’ve decided to start learning german, italian, and french….because i want to sing opera. at the moment i am learning habenara from carmen and trying to work my mouth around the french language is hurting my brain. i can sing the stupid song easy!! the not bilingual thing though is kicking my ass. so i decided to look up english operas and they all suuuuuck ;_; why does learning other languages have to be hard?

I was a music minor (I defected from Music Education to computers – couldn’t do the whole 5 year major crammed in 4 without it affecting my health), but I was a vocal concentration and am classically trained. I’ll look up the book I have for linguistics for vocalists. It’s actually pretty handy. 🙂 Still have issues with rolling an ‘R’ though (which doesn’t help when I’m doing double and triple tonguing for flute, which is my other main instrument).

Ooooh, Carmen. What is your voice range? Also, I have to ask, how old you are and how long you have been singing? I was always told by my vocal teachers that Habanera is one of the songs that if you aren’t ready for, it can actually hurt your voice. It’s meant for a very matured voice. I wasn’t allowed to sing it as a freshman in college, but again, it depends on where a voice is, which is why you rarely see a decent vocal teacher assign it to a student in high school to sing. Julie Andrews had a very mature voice earlier in life than many singers for example. 🙂 Oh, look up Maria Callas singing it on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZRssq7UlM … simply gorgeous! As much as I like Pop, some of it I just don’t have the voice for (though I do enjoy musical theater as well as classical).

Hmmm… I’ll have to see what I can come up with that is English Opera. Have you looked into finding some other classical styled music that is in English? I’ll pick my brain and my friend Stacie who sings Opera (she’s in NYC working towards getting into the Met!) and see what sort of list I can come up with. My brain is stalled tonight at this hour though (I should be heading to bed!). Samuel Barber has some interesting stuff.

Also, if you can get a hold of a copy of Rosetta stone, that might be helpful as well. I’m using it to brush up on my German and to start to learn Japanese (and a few other languages on my list, like Welsh)… when I have time (job has been kicking my butt recently). Definitely talk with people when you can that know the language, or start walking around the house using it. May seem silly to everyone else in the house, but it’s practice!

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

grayfire artz wrote:

I’ve decided to start learning german, italian, and french….because i want to sing opera. at the moment i am learning habenara from carmen and trying to work my mouth around the french language is hurting my brain. i can sing the stupid song easy!! the not bilingual thing though is kicking my ass. so i decided to look up english operas and they all suuuuuck ;_; why does learning other languages have to be hard?

I was a music minor (I defected from Music Education to computers – couldn’t do the whole 5 year major crammed in 4 without it affecting my health), but I was a vocal concentration and am classically trained. I’ll look up the book I have for linguistics for vocalists. It’s actually pretty handy. 🙂 Still have issues with rolling an ‘R’ though (which doesn’t help when I’m doing double and triple tonguing for flute, which is my other main instrument).

Ooooh, Carmen. What is your voice range? Also, I have to ask, how old you are and how long you have been singing? I was always told by my vocal teachers that Habanera is one of the songs that if you aren’t ready for, it can actually hurt your voice. It’s meant for a very matured voice. I wasn’t allowed to sing it as a freshman in college, but again, it depends on where a voice is, which is why you rarely see a decent vocal teacher assign it to a student in high school to sing. Julie Andrews had a very mature voice earlier in life than many singers for example. 🙂 Oh, look up Maria Callas singing it on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fZRssq7UlM … simply gorgeous! As much as I like Pop, some of it I just don’t have the voice for (though I do enjoy musical theater as well as classical).

Hmmm… I’ll have to see what I can come up with that is English Opera. Have you looked into finding some other classical styled music that is in English? I’ll pick my brain and my friend Stacie who sings Opera (she’s in NYC working towards getting into the Met!) and see what sort of list I can come up with. My brain is stalled tonight at this hour though (I should be heading to bed!). Samuel Barber has some interesting stuff.

Also, if you can get a hold of a copy of Rosetta stone, that might be helpful as well. I’m using it to brush up on my German and to start to learn Japanese (and a few other languages on my list, like Welsh)… when I have time (job has been kicking my butt recently). Definitely talk with people when you can that know the language, or start walking around the house using it. May seem silly to everyone else in the house, but it’s practice!

!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS SOOO AWESOME!!!!!!
              I’m 23 and i started sining classical style summer 2009 and did realize that i wanted to go for opera till now. I took chior in high school but there wasn’t anything very difficult to sing back then and i knew half the stuff i wanted to sing was out of my skill range ah i’m a saprano. This last yeah i have noticed i’ve been able to hit the higher notes easier same with scale up though you know that one bit in phantom of the opera where the phantom says “sing my angel” i can sing Cristine part without a hitch as long as i have warmed up for about an hour.

With habenera i have been mainly listening and reading the lyrics. I love maria callas!! i find it easier to try and match her voice then some others.

siberakh1
              Participant

My whine of the day…. I HATE Sheraton Boston right now. Was going to go to NYC tomorrow to see a show before it closes. I need to make my reservation for Drag0nfeather, her boyfriend and myself (possibly another person) for Anime Boston. Go online only to find that they now require that with all reservations, they require the cost of one night’s stay to be charged immediately, regardless of paying up front or at check-in. They’ve never required this before. *GRRRRRR!*

Was up for 26 hours straight (well minus a 15 min nap in there) yesterday/this morning.

Nuff said. *yawn* There goes my sleep schedule. Why’d they have to change my shift AT CHRISTMAS?!?

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Dude, seriously just made a huge sceme in the store. Ripped my apron off, announced I’m %#$&ing DONE with this job and I quit… yea… I’m back now. I’m having a bad day.

Our pipes burst as well lastnight… so I’m grumpy AND haven’t been able to shower. 🙄

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

gotta find a good chiropractor in an area I don’t know… haven’t been able to get my jaw to close enough to chew since last tues. and I have a major headache

tdm

tdm

Skeeterdeee
                    Participant

So last night I get a phone call, in a serious voice I’m informed that my mother has passed away. WHA?? 😮 I’m in shock!!!! Then the caller sings me an obscene little song about taking a bath. GRRRRRR!! 😡 WTF?? I hang up. The phone rings again…..this time it’s the sequel to the dirty little bath song. I hang up. He made a total of 6 obscene call within an hour. Upon a little research I discover it’s a VERY drunk 20 year old boy- possibly a friend of my sister-in-law. Why me? I don’t bother anyone, I keep to myself and my life revolves around taking care of my babies. Why the cruel, childish prank to someone who has never said a bad word to anyone on that side of the family (even though I don’t like ANY of them, I’m still polite and friendly)? I even send them all Christmas and birthday cards, for pete’s sake!!
                      I have the phone number. Has anyone ever used a good reverse phone directory? Which one did you use, was it worth it? I don’t think that telling someone their family is dead is very funny at all!!!! I think the best revenge would be to find out if it’s the kid I think it is and call his mother and tell her what she pays his cell phone bill for. 😡

My car got in an accident. 🙁 Were trying to drive to Calgary for my grandma’s 80th, and while going on an offramp from the 216 to the 2, we lost control and hit the guardrail. The car runs, none of the important motor stuff is hurt, and me and Colin are just fine, but the passenger headlamp, the bumper on the passenger side, and the hood are all damaged. Total cost to get it to be able to legally drive again? $1700. Bleh. Not as bad as I thought, but still $1700 more then I have. 🙄

Jasmine
                      Participant

2011 officially sucks now. Entered a contest with one of the jewellers we dealt with on our honeymoon. Just got a call that we won. 80% off our next cruise…we can’t even afford a cab ride to the airport right now, never mind the airfare, hotel stay, blah, blah, blah. 🙄

LuvsDragons
                        Participant

This divorce is getting nasty. What a headache. I have been looking for a job for 3 months straight now and had no luck. Well I heard from my attorney that the opposing party has “solid documentation” that I have declined a number of jobs. WTF!!!! What are these jobs and are they still interested!!??? I don’t know what this “solid documentation” is but it bugs me. I haven’t seen hide nor hair of an offer for an interview in the three months! WHINE!!! and AARGGGHHH!! This is getting frusterating. Both the job thing AND dealing with the divorce and the ex. 🙁

Dragon87 wrote:

My car got in an accident. 🙁 Were trying to drive to Calgary for my grandma’s 80th, and while going on an offramp from the 216 to the 2, we lost control and hit the guardrail. The car runs, none of the important motor stuff is hurt, and me and Colin are just fine, but the passenger headlamp, the bumper on the passenger side, and the hood are all damaged. Total cost to get it to be able to legally drive again? $1700. Bleh. Not as bad as I thought, but still $1700 more then I have. 🙄

Okay, I’m never driving again. Colin’s hose for his transmission fluid broke on his way back to Cold Lake. OUR CARS HATE US!!!! :shout:

(of course, due to work stuff, I can’t actually *not* drive again)

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I start back to work next week! 🙂 Now I need to work on learning those drug names again. 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,863 total)
                          • The topic ‘WHINE is served’ is closed to new replies.