fbpx

Which Windstone is this?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Which Windstone is this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Dani
    Participant

I’ve been watching a beautiful red mother dragon on EBay, but I don’t know enough about identifying Windstones to tell if she’s real or not. I’ve asked the seller for a picture of her base/underside.

Her link is here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/WINDSTONE-EDITIONS-MOTHER-DRAGON-RED-FIRE-W-BLUE-EYES-OOAK-FIGURINE-STATUE-/171234126436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27de596a64

I browsed around the forum, but couldn’t find anything about this dragon’s existence.

Red dragons are really what I am wanting, so naturally this one appealed to me.

Can anyone tell me about this one? Also, sorry if this is not the right place for this question. Thanks for any help.

Ya, that appears to be a red fire mother dragon. Red fire was a somewhat unstable paint, so the shades may vary with those that have received sunlight to those that havn’t.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Skylover
      Participant

Hello there!

I’m pretty sure this one is real. Here is the listing from the Ravnheart database from when she was originally sold on ebay:

http://ravnheart.com/windstone/index.php?act=details&id=924

Essentially, she’s a special variant of the Red Fire color. Red Fires typically have orange eyes, but this particular one was sold with blue eyes. It should be signed on the bottom by Melody and have a COA.

Also, it is being sold by a forum member that I’ve had several transactions with and can vouch for. I’m pretty sure this is the real deal.

Hopefully this helps

Dani
        Participant

Hello there!

I’m pretty sure this one is real. Here is the listing from the Ravnheart database from when she was originally sold on ebay:

http://ravnheart.com/windstone/index.php?act=details&id=924

Essentially, she’s a special variant of the Red Fire color. Red Fires typically have orange eyes, but this particular one was sold with blue eyes. It should be signed on the bottom by Melody and have a COA.

Also, it is being sold by a forum member that I’ve had several transactions with and can vouch for. I’m pretty sure this is the real deal.

Hopefully this helps

Thank you so much for the replies and feedback!

I am really enamored with her and just wanted to make sure she was the real deal – the fakes part of the forum spooked me a little.

rock-reader
          Participant

Hi

There is an index created years ago that does list a Special Red Fire Mother Dragon (It’s Ravenheart’s Index). Also, I’ve bought from this seller in the past and I know she is legit. I hope she will supply you with a photo of the felt pad just to be sure, but I don’t think it is a fake. Rather, I think it is an Ebay Special that she bought in the past and is now selling.

Hope that helps. Good Luck!

Skylover
            Participant

Sure, no problem. Glad I could help. In cases like this one, it is good to ask because there have been a few cases where eyes have been switched out by people who liked a different color better. This is actually not one of those cases as there is a record of one sold like this and the seller has the COA.

At one point in time, I had made a sort of guide to tell the old green fakes from real old green dragons, but it long since got buried. I can re-create it if anyone is interested.

etruscan
              Participant

I also can vouch for the seller. I have bought several things from her.

The listing for this dragon says that she comes with her original box and COA, so you should have everything you need if you buy her. The COAs for pieces painted by Melody usually have a drawing on them as a fun bonus. πŸ™‚

Gosh that is a heck of alot more than I knew. Thanks you guys! i didn’t even read the bottom of the page, just looked at the pictures.. looks pretty darn real to me. πŸ™‚

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
                www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
                Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Dani
                Participant

Sure, no problem. Glad I could help. In cases like this one, it is good to ask because there have been a few cases where eyes have been switched out by people who liked a different color better. This is actually not one of those cases as there is a record of one sold like this and the seller has the COA.

At one point in time, I had made a sort of guide to tell the old green fakes from real old green dragons, but it long since got buried. I can re-create it if anyone is interested.

Also good to know. I didn’t even know it was possible to change out the eyes.

I’d love to see a guide, actually. I hope to snag an old green someday. πŸ˜‰

As far as pricing goes, I know this is probably a difficult question since this dragon is one of a kind, but how does second-hand pricing usually trend? I’m assuming a regular red with the orange eyes would be less expensive?

etruscan
                  Participant

It’s hard to say how this price compares to a regular Red Fire dragon, which I think is one of the more sought-after colors. The only Red Fire mother dragon to sell on ebay in the last three months was a Buy-It-Now for $170, but she might have gone higher in auction format. If you like this piece, and can afford it, I don’t think the price is out of line.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Yes, I’ve also dealt with siege-loki and she has great communication and packs her pieces well. Good Luck! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Dani
                      Participant

Thanks again for all of the great advice!

I’ll be watching the auction like a hawk and hopefully I’ll get lucky. πŸ™‚

etruscan
                        Participant

I have noticed that special pieces can be harder to resell than regular production, if you need to get your money back out. I think it is because they often appeal to a smaller group of potential buyers.

Dani
                          Participant

I have noticed that special pieces can be harder to resell than regular production, if you need to get your money back out. I think it is because they often appeal to a smaller group of potential buyers.

Interesting – I would have thought it would be the other way around. I’ve got some money to spare right now, but that is good to keep in mind.

Aaron
                            Participant

I agree on the special pieces. Some of the pieces become coveted by a lot of people, and those can resell pretty well. Otherwise, they don’t resell for the original sale price. Also, it seems that the prices for which Windstone Editions can be resold fluctuate. I don’t think they have been selling for as high lately on ebay or in the classifieds.

By the way, I think that there was one Male, Mother, and Hatching dragon in red fire released with blue eyes. There’s a picture of the family somewhere on the website, but I can’t find it. I did find this link, which shows the hatching dragon: http://reptangle.deviantart.com/art/Hatching-dragons-315978542?offset=20#comments

And I can also vouch for this seller. The red fire with blue eyes listed on ebay is the real deal. Good luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.