Whew!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Whew!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rusti
    Participant

Sort of.

I finally found a new job that I’ll be starting full time a week from Wednesday that promises about an hour less in the day (eating lunch at the desk while working sure helps) and better pay. The only real catch is their probationary period for insurance is one year, so I’ll have to find something to hold me over in the meantime, for those Just In Case things you know, but I don’t consider it a huge deal.

Does everyone else suffer the transition apprehension I tend to go through whenever something like this happens?

It’s a great little independently owned printing/publishing place that’s started doing some signs and wants to do web and the atmosphere is so close knit and relaxed compared to the paper. I’ll even be able to do the teal ombre ends in my hair that I thought looked neat on others. Wear t-shirts and jeans, whatever, there’s no dress code. But I am related to my parents and a perpetual worrier and the twitchies may go on for a month or two after I’ve started there.

Please tell me I am not alone!

Skeeterdeee
      Participant

I’ve always felt that way too when starting a new job, but I betcha after a couple weeks you’ll feel right at home. ๐Ÿ™‚ CONGRATS!!

dragonshoard
        Participant

You aren’t the only one with new job jitters. Some of us just suffer it worse than others. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Regarding insurance, I presume you have insurance at the job you have now. Contact the insurer and see if they have some sort of individual coverage they can convert you to. You may have to go with a high deductible or even a HSA (health savings account) plan, but the important thing is to maintain coverage.
          If they don’t (or you can’t afford) such a plan, at least get a letter stating that you had health coverage from x-date to y-date. Then shop around for what are called ‘short-term’ policies. (I think that is the term). Basically it is a bare bones policy that won’t cover any pre-existing conditions, but is designed for those “emergency” type problems (getting sick, breaking a bone, etc). They only last 6-months or a year maybe two but are designed to help cover you while you are waiting for the new employer plan to kick in. And if you can prove that you have had continuous coverage up through today, the premiums might be lower.

Hopefully you can convert to some type of individual plan with your current insurer, because if worse comes to worse and this job doesn’t last a year or if in the next year, they decide it is cheaper to NOT insure everyone (being such a small company), you will have “regular” insurance of your own that you can continue. (And the insurance premiums go on Schedule A as a medical expense!)

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions
          Good luck with the new job!

Rusti
          Participant

Thanks! Sent you a PM

dragonmedley
            Participant

I always get the jitters. The night before, I’ve dreamed that I didn’t hear my alarm and woke up many times during the night ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ve been so tired at the end of the first day, the jitters just went away!

Congrats on the new job!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
              Participant

Congrats on the new job!!! Great news ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum

tdm

We need like buttons! Congrats!

kyrin

Rachel
                Participant

Congrats!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.