fbpx

What's your wish list…

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's your wish list…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Mine are also too young to do Mother’s Day, so last year after husband forgot, I told him it’s his job so that the kids grow up doing something for Mother’s Day. This year I told him to get me a new pair of garden clippers (good ones), but a white curlie wouldn’t go amiss!

Quote:

I’ve been having to deal with that all night long. My 2 year old hasn’t kept anything down since 7 p.m. yesterday.

Peg, is your babe sick, or feeling your stress ’cause Dad is leaving? I’m so sorry! What a crappy way to spend Mother’s Day! πŸ˜₯ Hopefully your 2 yr old will at least be better by then.

Pegasi1978
    Participant

boskydragon wrote:

Mine are also too young to do Mother’s Day, so last year after husband forgot, I told him it’s his job so that the kids grow up doing something for Mother’s Day. This year I told him to get me a new pair of garden clippers (good ones), but a white curlie wouldn’t go amiss!

Quote:

I’ve been having to deal with that all night long. My 2 year old hasn’t kept anything down since 7 p.m. yesterday.

Peg, is your babe sick, or feeling your stress ’cause Dad is leaving? I’m so sorry! What a crappy way to spend Mother’s Day! πŸ˜₯ Hopefully your 2 yr old will at least be better by then.

I think he had a case of the stomach flu. It’s looking like he may be feeling better now. He just ate a cracker and drank a little liquid and everything’s staying down so far. *Crosses fingers* Since we got married we haven’t gotten to spend a lot of time together for special days since the Army has kept hubby busy. Heck in the four years (in June)we’ve been married we’ve only gotten to spend our first and third wedding anniversaries together.

I am taking my mom to see the Ballet “Giselle”, because she has never seen a ballet and I think she will love it.

My husband is planning on getting me something (even though we have no children). He says it is “just because I have the potential and biology to be a good mother” (awww).

Maria
      Participant

I’m glad your son is feeling a bit better, Peg.

Narno, Giselle is lovely. It’s the only ballet I’ve ever been to, but some day I’ll find time for more “culture.”
        Of course, the first one was deluxe, in the empress’s theater in St. Petersburg, Russia, with world-class dancers… Anyway, if it’s done right, it’s great.

keschete
        Participant

Happy Mother’s day to all of you Momma’s….I am just a critter Momma so I usually don’t get anything…

I will keep all of you with young babes and husbands going off to war in my thoughts. I hope that your families are safe and happy! I could not imagine being in that position!

Hugs and Best Wishes!!!! Kaya

Is it Mothers day today? I thought it was next week. Oh boy I don’t have anything for my momma. Oh boy, I guess its shopping after work today.

Never mind I just looked at the calender it is next week. Boy you scared me good. πŸ˜†

Elena
          Participant

Mother’s Day is May 13…. Isn’t it?

Pegasi1978
            Participant

foxfeather wrote:

Mother’s Day is May 13…. Isn’t it?

Yes it is.

laphon1
              Participant

Well obviously I would love a Windstone! My daughter, however, is currently unable to afford even the smallest so…Ah well.

Peg: I can relate. In the almost 5 years I was a Navy wife we missed every birthday, anniversary and major holiday as he was at sea…including Mother’s Day.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Narno, Giselle is lovely. It’s the only ballet I’ve ever been to, but some day I’ll find time for more “culture.”
                Of course, the first one was deluxe, in the empress’s theater in St. Petersburg, Russia, with world-class dancers… Anyway, if it’s done right, it’s great.

I would die if anyone ever took me to st. Petersburg to see a ballet *dream*. Thanks for the confidence boosting (I have never seen Giselle before, but I know the story). I’m going to see the boston ballet, but I have seen them many times and they always do a very good job (with the occasional slip up).

Skigod377
                Participant

Gawd I want a calico flap cat. I have no idea what I will get, though. My man just got a FAT check with almost a year of backpay, so I hope I get something!

Maria
                  Participant

Have you been dropping appropriate hints, Ski? πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Have you been dropping appropriate hints, Ski? πŸ˜†

If you can call, “Baby, Mothers Day is coming up and they still have flap cats on Ebay” a hint, then yes, I have. πŸ˜‰

Maria
                      Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Let’s see what comes of it.

good luck. i hope he gets the hint πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.