fbpx

Whats your Favorite Burger Place? (in your state or worldwide)

Home Forums Miscellany Food Whats your Favorite Burger Place? (in your state or worldwide)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Falcolf
    Participant

Since I’m a veggie and poor (restaurants were a very rare treat haha) I haven’t really explored too many burger joints in my day and I gotta agree that so far the best burgers are home made or prepared at home! My mom used to make super good burgers but they were pretty labour intensive so those don’t happen so much anymore ๐Ÿ™ (but there were always loads!) The best store bought vegetarian patty I ever had was the Portobello Mushroom & Swiss ones that President’s Choice used to make – sooo yummy! (I wish they still made them but they don’t – poo!) As for actual burger joints, the only place I like from my VERY limited experience is A&W’s because they have a swiss veggie burger there which is really good. I find most burger places either don’t have veggie burgers or sell those nasty Boca things. I load my burgers up with cheese, lettuce, mustard, relish, ketchup, occasionally fresh hummus and if I can, I LOVE saurkraut on my burgers. I’m not picky about the bun except that I never buy white bread if I can help it. I prefer ancient grains or whole wheat! Yum!

Someday I want to go to the states and just eat all the crazy veggie burgers that you guys have!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

littleironhorse
      Participant

As for actual burger joints, the only place I like from my VERY limited experience is A&W’s because they have a swiss veggie burger there which is really good.

Good to know! I’ll have to check if they have it here too!

I have tried a whole variety of grocery store-bought veggie burger patties and hotdogs, but I’m afraid that I’ve always been disappointed so far, both with taste and texture.

Sirithiliel
        Participant

I know Flat Tire has several veggie burgers, the most popular of which is called the Tree Hugger and has a wheat bun, cranberries, and so much else that I don’t remember…my friend gets it. =) it’s like a salad on a wheat bun haha

Jennifer
          Keymaster

As for actual burger joints, the only place I like from my VERY limited experience is A&W’s because they have a swiss veggie burger there which is really good.

Good to know! I’ll have to check if they have it here too!

I have tried a whole variety of grocery store-bought veggie burger patties and hotdogs, but I’m afraid that I’ve always been disappointed so far, both with taste and texture.

With veggie burgers, you sort of have to think of them as ‘veggie patties’… the same way that chicken patties or salmon patties don’t taste or feel like a beef burger. I think a lot of people (myself included) try their first veggie ‘burger’ and expect it to be a vegetarian beef hamburger which always leaves you feeling off! A lot of the frozen pre-made ones at american groceries are full of a lot of crap, too, sadly (speaking as one that lives on the east coast– west coast folks might have better ones).

I’m not saying that there aren’t companies that try to replicate the feel and taste of a beef burger– I know that they exist. But doing so can require a lot of questionable ingredients, to me.

I make veggie ‘burgers’ quite a bit and they are creamy inside and lovely. Not at all like a beef burger, but delicious in its own way.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Falcolf
            Participant

Personally, I prefer veggie burgers when they don’t TRY to be meat burgers! ๐Ÿ˜€
              Now, here I should probably make a note that I have never eaten (nor have any desire to try) meat of any kind so I have no idea if the more ‘meaty’ veggie burgers actually taste like meat (since I have never eaten meat) but I prefer veggie burgers that are up front and honest about what they are, like the portobello swiss ones that Superstore used to have – those were YUM! I find vegetarian meat alternatives that try too hard to be meat-like to usually be obscenely boring tasting. Gimme a patty that says YES! I AM MADE OF VEGETABLE GOODNESS! and I am happy. Plus, to me they look more appetizing when I can see chunks of veggies and beans sitting in them. I’m not too keen on the greasy, gristly look (though maybe I would be if I’d grown up with meat? XD) For a good brand I really recommend Dr. Praeger’s – they’re expensive, health food store finds only but they’re sooo tasty! (Bonus plus: No weird chemical poo in Dr. Praeger’s products. The ingredient lists are literally of stuff you could in your own kitchen bind together into pretty much the same product if you had a recipe for it, with no gibberish.)

Lucky me, when I think of the word ‘burger’ it means exactly the same thing as ‘patty’ and isn’t specific about ingredients. ๐Ÿ™‚

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

phantomess
              Participant

I think Carl’s Jr. gets my vote. Just thinking about a western bacon cheeseburger and crisscut fries makes my mouth water.

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.