fbpx

What's your age?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What's your age?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

I had Lyme’s Disease when I was 19. I’m in the medical journals as one of the first diagnosed cases in California; that was 24 years ago before doctors on the West Coast knew anything about it. I still have residual neurological trouble and I get flares that include nerve and joint problems, but I try to get on with life just like everyone else πŸ˜€ I can really empathize with y’all. All sorts of other stuff that goes along with it (it’s part of why I don’t want to do the ‘young’ bit all over again πŸ˜† ) Hang tough ladies and we’ll all creak along together…. πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Blackdesertwind wrote:

This thread already exist:
      http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2755&highlight=age

I’ll be 41 this month πŸ™ I’m getting old πŸ˜†

You don’t look like it in your pics!!! πŸ˜›

I’m 35…Been collecting for almost 22 years. 😯

BDW
      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

That’s an old picture, I was around 30 something back then…

Joshmo4evr
        Participant

I just turned 23… whoopie. I’ve been collecting since I was 16. So many windstones, but so little moola

I love reading about everyone’s stories.. Although I’m sorry to hear about everything that’s happened health-wise. Way to keep on truckin’!

BDW
          Participant

joshmo4evr wrote:

I just turned 23… whoopie. I’ve been collecting since I was 16. So many windstones, but so little moola

I love reading about everyone’s stories.. Although I’m sorry to hear about everything that’s happened health-wise. Way to keep on truckin’!

πŸ˜† 😯 πŸ˜‰ It’s all part of getting old, that’s the way I take it.

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

joshmo4evr wrote:

Yup! πŸ˜‰ Just live life with no regrets….

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Joshmo4evr
              Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

joshmo4evr wrote:

Yup! πŸ˜‰ Just live life with no regrets….

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Amen to that!

Bob

I’m 41, 42 in July

heheh well IM glad i fitin with everyone here for the most part but thats all im saying about my age :DDDDDDD

Kasie
                  Participant

Just turned 28 in April πŸ˜€ and am looking forward to growing older with my husband!! πŸ˜€

awwwwwww πŸ˜‰
                    Me too!!! the growing old with my hubby πŸ˜‰
                    I am glad he is a bit younger then i am!!!!!!!
                    he can take care of me in my old age Haha im so bad ;p

2Huberts wrote:

I don’t feel so bad now with just my cane!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
                    and what is it with all you young girls being so sick, so soon? πŸ™ I didn’t have a bad time till last year, then everything caught up with me. I have found that my chiropracter (spelling) really has helped me tho. my nerves were affecting my digestive system because things were out of place, I feel 10 years younger now.

I’ve had osteoarthritis in both knees since I was 15. (I’m 47 now…..)
                    I was pretty much okay until I blew an Achilles’ tendon in April 2001. Between being on crutches for 4 months, and all the stress it put on the “good” side sped up the problems with my knees ,hips, shoulders and wrists. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2006, after going through some pretty exhaustive testing to rule out a bunch of other things, like Rheumatoid Arthritis, (runs in my family) Hypothyroidism (ditto), Lupus, and Lyme disease. If they can rule all that out, then the diagnosis is Fibromyalgia. I was tired to the point of being unable to walk at one point, had numbness in both hands, constant pain all over my body that was worse than what I could reasonably expect to go along with an active life, unable to concentrate; all kinds of bad stuff.
                    The good news is that the fibromyalgia is manageable, doesn’t do any physical damage in and if itself, and isn’t contagious. πŸ˜› The bad news is that there is a whole bunch of stuff that goes along with the FM: Insomnia, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to name a few. I do have osteoarthritis in both knees (Osteo also gallops rampantly through the family πŸ˜• ) and I’m too young to have them replaced…yet. *SIGH*
                    So in the space of like 2 years, I went from being my normal, “bulletproof” go ride 3 or 4 horses a day AFTER putting in an 8 hour work day, to being nearly crippled and hurting all the time. When I started having bad back pain, I tried the chiropractor for about 6 months, and wasn’t getting anywhere there. I started doing more research, and found that massage therapy was found to give good results, so I thought I’d try it. What did I have to lose, aside from the pain, right? Well, I am glad I did, because after a few months of weekly visits, I can finally get a few days in a row without having to resort to the Lidocaine skin patches for the back pain, and since I’ve been following suggestions from a rheumatologist for my diet, taking fish oil, flax seed oil, and evening primrose oil and trying to get more exercise, I can get through a few days at a time, and it’s getting better as we go. I would recommend the deep tissue massage to anyone who has old injuries. Seriously, when you injure yourself, and compensate for the injury, this throws the biomechanics totally out of whack, and like the horses we’ve been dicussing in other threads, we break down. The deep tissue massage isn’t the light strokes; these go down into deep muscle knots and get them out. I’m not masochist, by any stretch, but I will willingly deal with that pain to get days where I actually WANT and CAN go out and ride.

There are theories that any kind of major stress, like an accident, surgery, major illness, can be the triggger for the FM.
                    Like anyone else, there are good days and bad.
                    The good days? I go ride. The bad ones? I hibernate in the hot tub, and go to the massage therapist. This woman has worked WONDERS!! It’s worth it, really really worth it!
                    SO if anyone is interested in more info shoot me PM or an email.

AdaraSky wrote:

Just turned 28 in April πŸ˜€ and am looking forward to growing older with my husband!! πŸ˜€

I look forward to growing old with my hubby too! We are only 3 months and 5 days apart. (him being older) We have been together for seven years, we are high school sweethearts and we have been married for four years this August. I look forward to what lies ahead of us. Hey, we can “party” when we are older because we had kids so young. LOL πŸ˜€ πŸ˜†

Stephanie
                    Participant

33…

Blackdesertwind wrote:

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

That’s an old picture, I was around 30 something back then…

You cheated!!!! 😯 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† Just kidding πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.