fbpx

What's in a Name?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's in a Name?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Kujacker
    Participant

I’ve had this question in my mind for weeks now. Maybe I’m the only one interested, but might as well post! :3

What’s in your forum name (or alias)? How did it come to be or why did you choose it? Mean anything special?

I’ll start with mine. However many years ago (8 or so?) I started using “this” name… it actually started out as “Cyber Kujaku”. However, somewhere along the lines it was warped to “Kujacker” and the Cyber part got cut off.
      Cyber Kujaku was meant to be just that. A Robot Peacock (Kujaku being Japanese for peacock). Now Kujacker doesn’t mean anything (as far as I know at least)… it was just warped somehow X3

How did you get to be using your names? πŸ˜›

Kujacker
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Somewhere there’s a thread like this already started, but I’ll toss mine out again.

My alias comes from the last name of two of my Star Wars roleplaying characters – Pegasi. I absolutely loved playing the ladies (one was the ancestor of the other, though I played the descendant first πŸ˜† ) I originally picked the last name for them because it went along with the name of the ship “The Last Pegasus” – she was the last surviving member of her family and had changed it to reflect that fact.

Plus pegasi is one of the Latin plural forms of pegasus. (Yep I’m a former Latin student. Don’t ask me much about Latin though. Haven’t touched the language in a dozen years) Since a lot of other sites I’m on (LJ and Neopets) had Pegasus or Pegasi taken I tacked on the year I was born – 1978.

Kujacker
          Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Somewhere there’s a thread like this already started, but I’ll toss mine out again.

Oops! Didn’t know a thread like this was already around 😳

Interesting Pegasi! I would have never guessed that your name came from role playing. That’s awesome πŸ˜€

Maria
            Participant

Here’s the original thread:
              http://www.windstoneeditions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45&highlight=whats+name

I named myself for this thing:

No real reason, except that I wanted an unusual name for a fierce critter.

Skigod377
              Participant

Well, here it is, but its a daunting 12 pages, so I will tell it again…

Ski is the last three letters of my last name. God is just because it sounds cool, and 377 (MEDEVAC) was the unit I was at when I got the email account. My bf at the time actually made it for me. He got me on the internet… and I have never left.

Skylover
                Participant

Sky was the name of my cocatiel. Skylover6745 was my AOL account name back then. My family made it for me to tease me, but I thought it sounded neat and kept it. I just dropped all of the numbers.

Kujacker
                  Participant

Thanks for the link to the thread! No wonder I missed it… it’s a year old πŸ˜† I read the first few pages but a lot of it was just comments to other members XD Kind of turned into a mini search game πŸ˜›

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Thanks for the link to the thread! No wonder I missed it… it’s a year old πŸ˜† I read the first few pages but a lot of it was just comments to other members XD Kind of turned into a mini search game πŸ˜›

Don’t they all? Especialy when I do….

THIS!

Skigod377
                      Participant

Hahehehaha… Nirvana you are silly.

Well my nick comes from George RR Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire Series. Khal Drogo is your basic warrior king, kinda like Genghis Khan.

My wife thinks that I remind her of Drogo. She’s a big fan of GRRM also (her nick is Daenerys, if she ever logs on).

Besides from being a GRRM fan we kinda resemble Drogo and Daenerys also as a couple. I’m asian and she’s a blond. We both are also really into martial arts, so I think we have their ‘warrior’ mentality also. That and we’re totally crazy about each other and dragons. We need to save up for 3 fledgling dragons for her, like Daeny’s (Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal)I just hope I don’t share Drogo’s fate anytime soon πŸ˜€

Well, I’ll give mine out again as well. (I can’t remember if I said what mine meant or not in the original. Romeo grey cat in siggy, and Danny orange and white cat in siggy. My boys. Could have been worse, I was going to call Romeo Jack. Then it would have been Jackdaniels. πŸ˜†

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I used the title of the series I’m writing.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jodi
                          Participant

When I started working at the MN Renaissance Festival, I worked in one of the beer booths with two of my friends. We decided that we should have character names that are unified, so we chose gemstones. I was Emerald, Linda was Amethyst, and Barb was Sapphire (after our favorite colors and stones). And we dressed in those colors (mostly). Linda had to go lavender (royalty issues). My name stuck. When I started my business I was making costumes, so I called it Emerald’s Cloaks and Clothing. It got changed over time to Emerald’s Fashions, and now Emerald’s Emporium. But the “Emerald” never went away and my favorite color is still emerald green.

212 is my house number. Easy to remember.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

I don’t know if I ever gave mine or not… when I first got on the internet in 1996 I was only 14 and my parents were very adamant that I never give my real name online. So I chose the name I had created for my dragon character, “Nambroth”. It just stuck over the years!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.