fbpx

What would you change?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What would you change?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

After some of the recent threads about most/least favorite paints/sculpts, I was wondering, if you could change something about a color scheme, paint job on a sculpt, or a sculpt itself, what would it be?
      For example, with color scheme, I love browns, but I find the blue eye with them jarring. I think I’d love them as much as old greens if it weren’t for the blue eyes. I think that yellow would look much better with the brown. Same for black and gold, an attractive color scheme, but so much more harmonius if the eyes were yellow instead of blue.
      For paint job on a sculpt, I’ve been so tempted to paint my emerald hatching emperor’s tongue pink, or blue/purple… something more, well, tongueish than emerald is. From a distance, it’s hard to see his mouth’s open.
      A lot of people didn’t like the hatchling in other threads. I like the hatchling, but would like the egg to be larger. Not to sure about the ear-things on some of the more recent dragons also, but then, I also like the male and female’s non-metallic horns.

What about you? (and I don’t mean this thread to denigrate Melody’s work, anything but! Just curious about people’s thoughts, and if there are some common areas, maybe it can help her with future ideas)

pipsxlch
      Participant

I don’t actually have something I would change, except maybe the red eyes, but I just thought it funny you don’t like the blue eyes on the brown dragons. That’s one of my favorite things about them! 😆 Proving once again why there are so many different flavors of ice cream – what one person doesn’t like another person loves.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I’m with you ddvm I’m not a big fan of the red eyes on any of the sculpts, except maybe the red eyed rainbow scratcher GB posted a picture of. I’d rather see the VF and Emerald dragons with either straw/light yellow or bright yellow eyes. I also love the blue eyes on the brown dragons – could be because I have blue eyes and brown hair so it looks natural to me.

Sorry Pip, I love the blue-eyed brown dragons too! I actually prefer the more matte finish of my old brown male to the glossy finish… and I’d love to see Melody’s “sand” colored dragons come out, with less orange.

Bob

just like one persons trash is anothers treasurers. So far I have liked everything about my Collection of dragons except for the paint on the “Ruby ” Emperor. It’s not dark enough for me to be Ruby

Kujacker
            Participant

I really don’t like at all the blue eyes on the black golds. I also don’t like how blue eyes are used on almost everything…

Travistie
              Participant

I also like the blue eyes on the brown dragons. Brown and white are my two favorite dragon colors so far. I think the blue eyes really add a nice punch of color to the overall appearance of the brown dragons. Plus, I think the eyes are very appropriate because of the little blue and green scales that are scattered about their bodies. I love the way my brown Scratcher looks. I think my next one may be the brown OW.

Anyway, I don’t really care for the red eyes either. I think the red eyes look good with the emerald color, but I won’t buy any other color dragon with the red eyes. Especially ruby… don’t like that color at all. Just too bright for me.

I don’t like the spectral eyes and I think different color of eyes on the black golds would look better…maybe the same ones as the Spring SK.

Bob

I forgot to mention I also do not like the eyes on the Spectrals they creep me out

Skigod377
                  Participant

Spectrals would not be spectrals without the eyes. And I love the blue eyes on the browns.

What would I change? I would like them to be able to shrink when I am not looking at them so I would be able to fit more on my shelves. That is all.

Arlla
                    Participant

I have to agree on nixing the spectral eyes – I hate ’em.

And if I could, I would change the end of the Emperor’s tail!! His tail is gorgeous except for the end of it, where it curls up…to me it looks stubby and stunted. It’s probably just me though.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
                      Participant

I don’t like the blue eyes on the black dragons. I don’t own a single one, but I might get a mother coiled in black, ’cause I just love that sculpt.

I really don’t like white eggs for any of the hatchers. Too much like chicken eggs for me. Putting aside the fact that dragons would be able to defend their eggs, it just seems like they should be able to blend into a nest or rocks or sand…depending on where the dragon lays their eggs. I know…I think too much. lol

Pam

What I would change:
                          -Give the wolf colored griffons red, yellow, orange, or blue eyes. Something non-green.
                          -Give the flion a more lion-like face.
                          -Make more dragons like the original family–I just love the horns on the mother and male!
                          -Give the black-gold dragons more varriation in the black areas, and give them red or amber eyes. Actually, to be honest, I’m not really too fond of the black-golds at all anyway.
                          -NOT retire the white dragons 😥
                          -Make cinnamon, green flash, autumn leaf, and violet flame (like the VF color on the SK) production.
                          -Make the white griffon family production, and make brown or gold sunburst griffons production.
                          -Never switched to emerald paint on the jade orientals, and put more jade color on the regular emerald dragons.
                          -Put purple highlights on both production rock dragons, and give them both orange eyes!
                          -Discover a way to sell windstones for $30 a piece while still making a profit.
                          -Put magic charms on all the sculpts to keep them from breaking!

Arlla
                          Participant

Pam Thompson wrote:

What I would change:
                            -Give the wolf colored griffons red, yellow, orange, or blue eyes. Something non-green.
                            -Give the flion a more lion-like face.
                            -Make more dragons like the original family–I just love the horns on the mother and male!
                            -Give the black-gold dragons more varriation in the black areas, and give them red or amber eyes. Actually, to be honest, I’m not really too fond of the black-golds at all anyway.
                            -NOT retire the white dragons 😥
                            -Make cinnamon, green flash, autumn leaf, and violet flame (like the VF color on the SK) production.
                            -Make the white griffon family production, and make brown sunburst griffons production.
                            -Never switched to emerald paint on the jade orientals, and put more jade color on the regular emerald dragons.
                            -Discover a way to sell windstones for $30 a piece while still making a profit.
                            -Put magic charms on all the sculpts to keep them from breaking!

:D:D You’re so easy to please! 😉

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                            -J R R Tolkien

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.