fbpx

What the heck is this?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What the heck is this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mother-COILED-Dragon-BIG-STATUE-Windstone-M-PENA-FIGURE_W0QQitemZ400083658898QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d26d82892

It looks like a recast with tons of dust, eyes that are too big and an ugly fake stone in the forehead.

Laurie
      Participant

dragonmedley
        Participant

Yeesh!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Yes, this is a very dusty knock-off.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Uuuurrrgly

twindragonsmum

tdm

Syn
              Participant

Look at picture #14 in the description.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

That my friend is a knock off! A nastified one at that. BLAH! I have one knock off and it looks the same way, very *buldgy* looking like he had one too many steroids. They get that way from someone ripping off a casting of a REAL windstone with a latex mold and then they buldge when they get filled up with plaster or whatever. What an atrocity. :puke:

Whoever did it wasn’t crafty enough to patch up the logo stamp. Mine got blotted out on the one I got and there were a bunch of them like a semi “factoryish” job that specialized in ripping off others artwork, but this one looks home brewed by someone who doesn’t know any better.

That asking price makes me giggle a bit though

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Syn
                  Participant

I wonder what the bottom looks like. It’s interesting that the seller posted 18 pictures but none of the bottom.

Whether they are genuine or fakes, you would think sellers would clean up their items a bit. Who would ever want to buy these filthy things? :negative:

NirvanaCat13
                    Participant

How do you manage to get dust on the underside of the top eyelid, but none on the top side of the lower eyelid??? That defies physics, kind of like the steak chef at the Outback we go to…I kid you not, I got a steak that was perfectly overdone and charred on the right side of the steak, and bloody rare on the left…not top and bottom, left and right halves…. ๐Ÿ™„ That my friends is tallent!

darjeb
                      Participant

My thoughts exactly when I first looked at it but decided it must be fake Windsotne would never make anything that looked like that

kitsunelady
                        Participant

Looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. 6.6 And you can see the bottom in one of the pics – it’s black, and has those round green felt surface protectors stuck to it. c.c;

Mmloda
                          Participant

WOW..she looks like shes been repainted and her eyes were replaces along with her jewel…poor mother dragon… ๐Ÿ™

Marzena

PurpleTurtle
                            Participant

Yep, I saw that icky thing to :puke: . I mentioned it on the ‘knockoff’ thread as soon as I saw it. I love the fact they have an epic description of it :negative: .

kitsunelady
                              Participant

Everything looks better with an epic description. ๐Ÿ˜€ Reminds me of those ‘haunted’ jewelry auctions. This one lady made up this whole involved story to post on hers about how she and her hubby moved into this big old house and ran out of money while fixing it up…but luckily, she went down in the basement one night and there was the ghost of this gypsy lady down there, waiting to give her this magical box that turns any jewelry into magic jewelry if you put it in the box overnight (she even had a picture of this very ornate box). Of course, after that, their lives were immediately better and they had no more money troubles. That woman had no negative reviews – but I guess you can’t review negatively when they all have a ‘entertainment purposes only’ disclaimer, although they always say that ebay ‘forces’ them to say that…lulz. Either way, people just eat that junk right up!

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

This is definitely a rip off… not a repaint. You can see part of the bottom, it’s painted black.
                                  There are distinct visual clues… the ‘undercuts’ on the sculpt and the details are shallow and somewhat bloated, and the different features are ‘twisted’ looking… all from being re-cast from a real Windstone.

Poor thing! XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.