fbpx

What sorts of colors do you prefer?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What sorts of colors do you prefer?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Remember!! You can’t change your vote once you vote (and I can’t change it either) so choose carefully!

I’m just curious. And, you can like ALL of them, but if you must pick a way for Windstones to look, what do you prefer? What suits your fancy the best? I agree that for me, it all depends on the colors involved, but…

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

keschete
        Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Remember!! You can’t change your vote once you vote (and I can’t change it either) so choose carefully!

I’m just curious. And, you can like ALL of them, but if you must pick a way for Windstones to look, what do you prefer? What suits your fancy the best? I agree that for me, it all depends on the colors involved, but…

I just love Black and Gold and Black Emerald Peacock!!!!

Jodi
          Participant

This was hard for me because I like the Gold a lot, but I also like the Black Gold a lot. Then there’s the Emerald/Jade which I think falls in between them (with the Old Brown and Old Green colors). But I don’t really like the White or the Ruby (although I like the Ruby better than the White). So it was too hard to say Single Color because that would just mean Gold to me. You see?

But my favorite piece of all time is the Tan Griffin. I love the way his colors contrast (light and dark), yet complement each other (the cream and the carmel colors). So, since Nam didn’t ask specifically about Dragons, I picked the two contrasting colors because of the Tan Griffin. Whew! Does that make since?

Aww man! I like Shape Contrast and 3-4 Color Blending and any combo thereof!

Skigod377
            Participant

I had a hard time, too, cuz it totally depends on the colors, but I have liked ALL the 3-4 color variations, and I cant say that for some of the others. Esp the single colored dragons.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I voted for the “Two colors, smoothly blended (i.e. Old Browns, Old Greens, etc)” because those are actually the ones I love the best (next to peacock). I also talked to my husband and another friend who knows Windstones but isn’t on the forum and they “voted” that way as well.

Elena
                Participant

Gad, I love all the colors, though I voted 3-4, that windstone has done. Though each one seems to have a sculpt that it looks best on.

Well, I am with Pegasil (and in the minority) with 2 colors smoothly blended (browns!!), but eek, this was tough as I love the white (though I only own 2) and the black em pea (have none πŸ™ ), not to mention many others. But, I think both of the color schemes Olivia has done for the SKs (red gold & spring green) fall under the brown category! πŸ˜‰

Purplecat
                  Participant

I like the sharp contrast colors but would like to see a different main body color than black…My fave color combos are the Vibrant Em-peas and the brighter versions of the peacock….Violet flame is really neat but I’m waiting to see how it looks on larger pieces. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ I voted for the 3-4 variating colors…

This was a tough choice. I like the Emeralds and I like the Black gold color and I also like the violet flame color. My favorite is still autumn leaf, but I wasn’t sure what that would fall under. I am guessing the same as violet flame.

Laurie
                    Participant

I love the violet flame and emerald peacock colors (only with the intense violet on them).

What I like most about the Windstone dragons is their realism. Some of the bright colors take away from the look that they could just get up and walk away at any moment.

First let me say, I love all the colors and I wouldn’t turn any down if they needed a home. πŸ˜€

As for what I look for to spend money on…

For me. the single colors need more depth. I like the gold, but if it were done more like the ‘special gold’ on the Spectral in the Ebay Gallery, I would have bought one by now. Or if the ruby was done like the red gold in the Ebay gallery, but that would probably put it in the 2-color category. πŸ™‚

The multi-colored ones have so much color going on, even though they are stunning to look at, you visually lose the detail of the dragon. As for the 3-4 colors, I just want more choices than different versions of peacock.

So my vote goes to the 2-color sharply contrasted, though as mentioned in another post, I’d like to see other base colors besides black. I’m not sure which ‘old browns and greens’ are being referred to in the other 2-color category. If it’s the ones from 1984, they are too glossy looking for me. I prefer the satin shine (more lifelike to me).

Of the colors in the Ebay Gallery, my favorites are the Copper Mauve and the Autumn Leaf Old Warriors. And that may be because they are different from the production colors I’ve seen so far.

Sorry to be so long winded. πŸ™‚ For me it’s more about the realism than the color. Sometimes the color (or multi-colors) doesn’t work on one design, but it’ll bring another design to life.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Tintaglia wrote:

I’m not sure which ‘old browns and greens’ are being referred to in the other 2-color category. If it’s the ones from 1984, they are too glossy looking for me. I prefer the satin shine (more lifelike to me).

Old Green and old Brown refers to the very first colors Windstones came in. Here’s an old Green Male and his Brown counterpart.

Skigod377
                        Participant

Tintaglia wrote:

For me. the single colors need more depth. I like the gold, but if it were done more like the ‘special gold’ on the Spectral in the Ebay Gallery, I would have bought one by now. Or if the ruby was done like the red gold in the Ebay gallery, but that would probably put it in the 2-color category. πŸ™‚

I know what you are saying about the single color dragons, but I must defend the gold a bit. The male I bought has alot of brown and is really pretty. The original gold dragons like the limited ones in the shop are alot more monotone in comparison. (Give the gold a chance:)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.