fbpx

What is your preference on Copper Patina?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What is your preference on Copper Patina?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    LuvsDragons
    Participant

I like the dragons in picture 2 and 4. Probably 4 the best though. I like the purple highlighting. ๐Ÿ™‚

John
      Keymaster

Gee, I thought that I might get a clue here as to what to tell the painter who is working on the next batch but there looks to be about as much of a consensus as we would have gotten by throwing darts at the list. Guess we will just see how they turn out.

Puffpastryofdoom
        Participant

Haha… I thought this was going to help you out too! What if we were to create a voting page with photos of different Copper Patina pieces? Maybe that would help!

Puffpastryofdoom
          Participant

Photobucket

These two are the only Copper Patina pieces that I own. The Emperor is from the first CP batch and I LOVE him! He is one of my absolute favorite Windstones in my collection!
            -As for the Young Oriental, he is painted in newest version of Copper Patina. When I opened his box for the first time, I didn’t feel the same excitement as I did with the Emperor. His colors don’t seem to “pop” as much as the Emperor does.

(This is a close up of their scales together from the picture above.)
            Photobucket

Even with the griffins, the Ebay Male was absolutely stunning to me! But when the Mother came out, she didn’t impact me the same way. (I guess I just miss the older batches of Copper Patina when they were a rich red-copper color with dark antiquing, mild-moderate patina, and just a dash of purple)

Erika
            Participant

I’ll cast my lot in too for not too much patina, light on the purple, teal eyes and that nice, dark antiquing. That e-bay griffin male just makes me drool. I was so excited when the mother came out, but without the dark antiquing it just doesn’t do it for me. I dislike when the patina looks deliberately sprayed into concave areas (like between the tail and the wings) in a fairly uniform line, I like the rubbed off look of the patina better.

So: e-bay griff is the perfect balance for me. I hope when they come out in the store they have that nice dark antiquing on them.

Stephanie
              Participant

I’ll cast my lot in too for not too much patina, light on the purple, teal eyes and that nice, dark antiquing. That e-bay griffin male just makes me drool. I was so excited when the mother came out, but without the dark antiquing it just doesn’t do it for me. I dislike when the patina looks deliberately sprayed into concave areas (like between the tail and the wings) in a fairly uniform line, I like the rubbed off look of the patina better.

So: e-bay griff is the perfect balance for me. I hope when they come out in the store they have that nice dark antiquing on them.

Ditto! ๐Ÿ˜€

John
                Keymaster

It could be that a good part of the difference in the dragons pictured is that the Emperor has scales that have highly varied angles of reflection and the Oriental scales do not. It gives the Emperor a richer look. We will see what we can do here to give the flat scales some more pop.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

Pastrypuff, THAT Emperor is GORGEOUS! all the others I have seen so far are *ick* Great grab on that one!!!

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

It could be that a good part of the difference in the dragons pictured is that the Emperor has scales that have highly varied angles of reflection and the Oriental scales do not. It gives the Emperor a richer look. We will see what we can do here to give the flat scales some more pop.

The Emperor was painted by PS. She has a different painting style and she uses different colors, as opposed to the painter SN, who is currently painting the Copper Patina stuff.

Kim
                      Blocked

I want to add my opinion to an older thread. In the pictures, I like the 4th dragon the best because it has more violet, then the 3rd because it has more patina and then the female Griffin. I prefer lighter copper but dark looks nice too, a moderate amount of teal patina, also a medium amount of violet and gold accents. I just got a little Griffins in the copper patina colours and think it is so beautiful. I like the gold and violet accents it has on the wings and it has a good amount of patina but not too much and the copper just shines.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Setsunawolf
                        Participant

I like the OW w/ red eyes. I like the teal eyes in the CP sculpt, the colors in the red eyed OW are my favorite versions of CP. I have one of the 1st orientals done in CP and his colors are much more bold than my young. Although I don’t like a lot of the green, it makes me want to polish my dragon.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                          Sun Dragon Koi #3

I think I’m in the minority, but I like evenly distributed medium-heavy patina, a moderate amount of violet, dark antiquing between the scales, and teal eyes.

To me, that 3rd OW looks *perfect*.

Totally with you on this one! ๐Ÿ˜€

Zloy720
                          Participant

I think I’m in the minority, but I like evenly distributed medium-heavy patina, a moderate amount of violet, dark antiquing between the scales, and teal eyes.

To me, that 3rd OW looks *perfect*.

Totally with you on this one! ๐Ÿ˜€

AGREE! Although patina amount depends on location for me.

Sirithiliel
                            Participant

Less patina and more purple with teal eyes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ditto. I like almost no patina. I like the coppery color with lots of violet.

I agree =)

Scathach
                              Participant

Photobucket

Puff, thank you for sharing this photo! This is one of my absolute favourite of all time pictures! I just love your Copper Emperor. Every time I look at this photo, I always think that the little oriental is trying to get grandpa to come and play ball with him!

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.