fbpx

What is your preference on Copper Patina?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What is your preference on Copper Patina?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Puffpastryofdoom
    Participant

Copper Patina is one of those colors that’s always “evolving”. Based off of the varieties that we have seen, this post is to see which version everyone prefers! (I say this because to me, some of the Copper Patina pieces are breathtaking… while others just seem to be… “missing something”.

So, what are your opinions on this color? I wrote down some of the more basic questions, but feel free to open up on what your “Ideal” Copper Patina piece looks like!

1) Do you like them to have little, moderate, or heavy patina?
      2) Would you rather the patina look patchy or more evenly distributed on the piece?
      2) Should they have red or teal eyes and gems?
      3) How much purple should they have? None, a little, or a lot?
      4) Would you rather them antiqued lightly or heavily?
      …etc. Please feel free to add your own comments!

Dragons:
      Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Griffins:
      Photobucket

Photobucket

pony-up
      Participant

Less patina and more purple with teal eyes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

Less patina and more purple with teal eyes! ๐Ÿ™‚

Ditto. I like almost no patina. I like the coppery color with lots of violet.

Purplecat
          Participant

I like pic #3 the best, with the heavy patina and light lavender. However, I think the red eyes are very striking, and I like the ‘freckles’ they gave the OW in pic #2. I feel the freckles would brighten up the overall look of the heavier patina paintjob.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

2nd OW down and Male Griffin *nods* Still dig the teal eyes though, I like the purple, but the ones in the store have a bit too much for me. Also, I don’t like the patina, but most of all, I don’t like the patina looking “patchy” I’d sold almost every one I have bought cause they are “ick” in person. I only have 2 out of about 7 I have kept cause they look perfect.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

yolanda
              Participant

Im with Wampus and Pony on this one 1

fatalbeauty
                Participant

less patina, I’m more a fan of the coppery color not the green….

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                  3. Female Griffin โ€“ Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

KaytanaPhoenix
                  Participant

I’m on the losing battle side of things but I like rich copper, mild patina, antiqued, and light on the violet… so the ebay griff is perfect! and the 2nd OW is very pretty to me (But I honestly like the patina on the last OW in the list the most, but it has too much violet to me)… and teal eyes, I definitely prefer teal eyes ๐Ÿ™‚

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

I like #1, #3, #4. The new LP one needs darker antiqueing. I have one like #1 for sale (a prototype) if anyone is interested ๐Ÿ˜€

Bullsquid
                      Participant

I think I’m in the minority, but I like evenly distributed medium-heavy patina, a moderate amount of violet, dark antiquing between the scales, and teal eyes.

To me, that 3rd OW looks *perfect*.

dragonmedley
                        Participant

I went for the ebay male griffin because he’s one of the very few CP that struck a cord with me. However, I won’t be getting the momma because there’s something off compared to the male. For the OW, I think it would be a mix of #1 and #3, with teal eyes.

I haven’t decided about the CP emperor… I’d need to see more pics to decide if he’s for me or not.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Pam

I like extremely heavy patina (25-50%), very dark antiquing, and very little purple. Also, I like it when they copper used it the dark reddish copper (currently, we are using a lighter copper color)

Bullsquid
                            Participant

I haven’t decided about the CP emperor… I’d need to see more pics to decide if he’s for me or not.

I promised myself last year that if CP emperors ever got restocked that I would buy one. I did, and now I’m biting my fingernails hoping that I like how he looks. I guess we’ll see in a day or two.

I will definitely post pictures once he arrives.

dragonmedley
                              Participant

I promised myself last year that if CP emperors ever got restocked that I would buy one. I did, and now I’m biting my fingernails hoping that I like how he looks. I guess we’ll see in a day or two.

I will definitely post pictures once he arrives.

I eagerly await… ๐Ÿ™‚

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lorie
                                Participant

I prefer less patina, a lot more violet, and teal eyes on the darker redish copper color.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.