What is your most heart attack moment with your Windstones?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What is your most heart attack moment with your Windstones?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    pipsxlch
    Participant

The lesson here seems to be “don’t have cats and windstones at the same time.”

You have a point, LZ. The sun dragon photo looks just like the last day of a sun my mom had. Smithereens.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

One day one of my cats decided to jump up on my high mantle. He didn’t have room to land and so grabbed at the nearest object which happened to be my Sun dragon and pulled it off onto the slate hearth. This was the result:

FA5EA95B-4BEA-4607-848C-DB62F2E158E8

Fortunately, Drag0nfeathers is a miracle worker and managed to restore him to his former glory for me.

F6D53BEC-7942-48F3-AF8E-7CF29043B396

I remember this one. Glad I was able to restore him for you.

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Megan
        Participant

Accurate! I don’t think I’ve ever heard a story about a dog breaking a Windstone!

fatalbeauty
          Participant

Accurate! I don’t think I’ve ever heard a story about a dog breaking a Windstone!

I remember one, it was a special to the person kirin, there were some puppies and chewing on it and it was bad…..

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

StormDancer
            Participant

I have 2 indoor cats and have never had any issues with them destroying anything.
              Granted I teach them to stay off my book and display shelves, counters and tables by spraying them with a squirt bottle from the first time they come home if they head to close to those areas.
              I would not let neices or nephews climb on book or display shelves, counters or tables so not gonna let the cats do it.
              Usually after the first few times it’s not an issue.
              But my cats also have an entire room of their own with shelves and toys where if I am not home or when I go to bed they get put into. (Hubby is allergic to them so they can’t be climbing over him at night or shed their hair on the comforter).
              This has probably helped prevent a few wrecks over the years.

Looking for:
              "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ann Marie
              Participant

OK, this is making me very nervous! Fortunately, my two current cats don’t climb my book shelves — one is too old (and plump) and the other is young but not a jumper. I do keep all my Windstones on the upper shelves so he can’t just reach up and grab.

Years ago, a cat I had then knocked a large plaster gargoyle (not Windstone) off the top shelf of a free-standing bookcase. It was very high up, but he was athletic. I thought it would be too heavy for him to knock off, but he just kept nudging it until it fell — and broke into many pieces. In his defense, it was a DOG gargoyle, and fairly ugly! (I was into gargoyles in those days.)

Magentas-Cat

Nightcrow
                Participant

Heard a noise on the mantel. Look over and the new kitten is standing behind some Lap dragons…

…with his teeth on the horn of a test paint!

I screeched like a banshee and shooed him off, then rearranged the mantel so they’re on a higher shelf. Knock over some Breyers if you must disturb a mantel display, cat!

Hopefully the rearranging will be a double protection – the Windstones are now on a shelf it’s a little harder for him to get on, plus the Breyers are on a wider shelf so if he knocks them over they’ll just topple onto their sides instead of plummeting off the high shelf onto the bottom shelf.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
                  Participant

Oh gosh,I took a deep breath myself when I started reading about your Laps.😊

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I don’t know why but a lot of cats seem to be Windstone connoisseurs

Got a busted Windstone?
                      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin
                      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Nightcrow
                      Participant

I’ve heard this – and in fact I think the Windstone site even mentions it, or used to! – but this is the first time I’ve had a cat show interest in any of my Windstones! He’s my newest, and definitely the youngest (he’ll be 4 months old in three days; the other cats in the house are 7 and 10 years old) and apparently that translates to “NOM ALL THE THINGS.” 😛

But oh, boy, it seems he can really pick them. If he absolutely must taste-test the Lapdragon horns, couldn’t he have picked some easily-repaired production piece? No, he went straight for the test paint with extra-fancy painted horns, yikes! Fortunately it seems there was minimal harm done. I haven’t taken the dragon down to examine it closely, so there may be some faint nicks, but at least it’s not visibly mangled. (My mantel shelves are high, and lately I’ve lost my stepladder! So I haven’t been able to climb up to look.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Courtney
                        Participant

When I first started collecting I discovered, to my horror, that my fat cat Loki had been literally chewing on my pieces. (thankfully they were production pieces that I was able to get replacements for).

Nowadays all my stuff is behind locked glass doors but he destroyed 6-7 items out of the blue by chewing off their faces. I still have nightmares about it.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

icewing726
                          Participant

Sitting in my chair and hearing my kids laughing (both real young). Turn around and they were playing monster fight with my dragons slamming them together… That was the moment I said I guess I’m not going to be collecting these. Then my sister bought me one and I found the damaged ones on ebay for reasonable prices and got back in it. I also had an incredibly durable case built to house them.

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

My peacock scratcher has some kitty love damage. She loved to scritch her chin on his snout.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

pipsxlch
                              Participant

Sitting in my chair and hearing my kids laughing (both real young). Turn around and they were playing monster fight with my dragons slamming them together… That was the moment I said I guess I’m not going to be collecting these. Then my sister bought me one and I found the damaged ones on ebay for reasonable prices and got back in it. I also had an incredibly durable case built to house them.

Just in case I ever have grandkids, I’ve invested in glasses in cabinets and an assortment of plastic toy dragons- some of them are surprisingly good dragons actually. That way, the kid(s) can play with the toy dragons and not touch the Windstones upon pain of death.

When my daughter was born, I packed up all my Windstones until she was old enough to accept ‘don’t touch’. I missed them but didn’t want to have to kill her.

Aphelia
                                Participant

So, this happened the last time I moved to a new house: I’d neatly boxed all of my treasures and other things from my room, and went to go box up the kitchen. On this occasion my family had hired some local movers to help out, as we were somewhat behind on the matter. Everything was going smoothly, and nearly everything had been packed into the moving trailer/truck. I had set aside my more precious items in smaller boxes, intending to bring those to the new residence personally. So, after completing my task in the kitchen, I went back to retrieve my darling dragons. Much to my confusion and concern, every single box in the room had already been moved to the big trailer out front, or so one of the movers replied when I asked about it a few seconds later. Now, these movers had given me no reason for concern up until that point, as they had done really good, quick work moving all of the heavier things and furniture thus far. I hadn’t expected they would get to everything in such a short time. The lead mover reassured me, and we walked out front so he could show me where the box had probably been moved to. These fellows were very efficient workers, and had already filled the trailer and closed it, in fact, they were about to pull away and head on off to the next location. Everything looked secure. Everything looked safe. I breathed a small sigh of relief, and thought to myself that my prized darlings were in good hands, that nothing would go wrong.
                                  As the truck revved to life and began to ease forward, the trailer dropped with a thunderous noise, the grinding of metal on asphalt. The trailer had come unlatched from the moving truck. I watched in horror as the trailer’s front end dropped those measly four feet to the ground, every object withing shifting with an audible screech, slide, or thud. My breath caught in my throat, and I could only stare in silence for a few moments, wondering what had just happened. The movers scrambled into action, leveling out the trailer again with a few jacks, then cautiously raising the door to check on everything. They worked quickly here too, but it did take about fifteen minutes before they felt confident in the trailer’s security. While the driver was apologizing and discussing the matter with my father, I was lead back to look through what of my boxes were labelled “fragile” that they had taken back off the truck. I gingerly opened each box as though it would explode else-wise, and painstakingly checked my belongings for damage. Sure enough, a fair number of my small glass bottles had cracked or shattered in one box, and some mugs and tea cups were moderately chipped in another, despite all my wrapping and spacing precautions when I packed them. This was frustrating, as well as the damages to some furniture pieces, but after going through the boxes something else worried me far more: I hadn’t found my dragons yet. This was especially alarming, since I had labelled those boxes not only as “fragile,” but also with “dragons, please treat kindly,” and such a box was nowhere to be seen. Seeing my pallor and restrained tears, the movers brought me onto the trailer to look for the specific box. I searched every nook and cranny, between boxes and bookcases, dressers and dinnerware. I climbed high and low throughout the seemingly endless trailer, and still found no sign of that one most important box. Defeated and yet ever more desperate, I went back into the house and searched frantically there. Again, I searched high and low, every place I could think of. No luck, the dragons weren’t in the house either. By this point, I was a shaky, sniveling mess, and I was exhausted. I sat on the floor in my old room, now empty, and pondered the fate of my little friends.
                                  It was at this point that my older brother came into the room, as he’d heard I was upset and thought to console me somehow. I explained the dilemma and he stared blankly at me for a moment, then shrugged and smiled sheepishly, loosing a small chuckle before my responding death-glare cut it off short.
                                  “I know they’re just ‘things,’ but this isn’t funny to me!” I mumbled at him, still more defeated than angry.
                                  He crouched down next to me and replied, “I know it’s not funny, and I know those little guys mean a lot to you. That’s why I made sure to put them in my car, it’d be safer that way. I meant to tell you, but you were busy, and they needed me to help lift a couch right after.”
                                  I sat there for a minute -a whole minute- just blinking slowly, dumbfounded.
                                  “Are you gonna be alright?” My brother asked, looking concerned by my strange reaction.
                                  I nodded my head, tears welling up in my eyes anew, “Yeah, I’ll be fine… I know it’s a bit silly, but can I see them please?”
                                  We walked to my brother’s car, and sure enough, there was the neatly taped little box, placed on a seat and held snugly by a seat belt. I undid the seat belt and gently broke the tape seal, holding my breath all the while, as though somehow the dragons would be injured simply by proximity to the trailer incident. I carefully inspected each one. I sighed with relief, then repackaged my little draconian pals back in their box.
                                  “They all okay, even the tiny ones?” My brother queried.
                                  “Yep,” I muttered, throwing my arms around him in a vice-grip of a hug, “Thank you!!”

-I will always be grateful that someone cared enough to save my dragons; it’s funny how valuable something can turn out to be, when we are at risk of losing that thing.
                                  Sorry that this turned into more of a whole story than a normal post, but I was feeling kind of dramatic about it once I started typing. Anyways, it was a bit of a fright, but a happy ending after all. Thanks for reading.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.