What is your favorite brand of chocolate?

Home Forums Miscellany Food What is your favorite brand of chocolate?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Who makes the best-tasting chocolate?

Which brand/brands do you think taste the best? We can discuss everything from everyday comfort foods, to high-end and more obscure products. I would love to hear your opinions. I’ve always enjoyed Godiva, but since they’re kind of commercial in some respects, I was wondering if anyone here might know of some gourmet, all-natural brands that are just as good or even better. Let me know what you think.

Purplecat
    Participant

Lindt is the best, absolutely awesome chocolate from that maker…I’ve never had better. ๐Ÿ˜€

purplecat wrote:

Lindt is the best, absolutely awesome chocolate from that maker…I’ve never had better. ๐Ÿ˜€

Yes, I know. 8) It’s ultra-smooth, no sandy texture. Though dark chocolate is my absolute favorite type of chocolate, Lindt makes a white chocolate bar with sliced coconut. I’ve got to try that! *drools*

Anonymous

Ok, maybe I’m not so worldy, but by far my favorite brand is Hersey’s…. there is something very distinct about the flavor that I really like! :yum:

Laurie
    Participant

Kalandra wrote:

Ok, maybe I’m not so worldy, but by far my favorite brand is Hersey’s…. there is something very distinct about the flavor that I really like! :yum:

Hate to tell you that Nestles’ trying to buy them then. ๐Ÿ˜•

Ooh, Nestlรฉ makes bad chocolate. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ (Just my humble opinion)

When I do eat chocolate, it’s Lindt dark chocolate… mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sometimes I like to melt it with milk and make hot chocolate (though I usually go half/half with their milk chocolate when I do that – the milk chocolate has too much cocoa butter, but the dark doesn’t have enough to make good hot chocolate). ๐Ÿ˜€

*suddenly wants to go to the store and get some chocolate* Well, there went my dieting….. lol ๐Ÿ˜†

twindragonsmum
    Participant

Nope, sorry to disagree with y’all… but Scharffenber extra dark is pure heaven. Especially in chocolate pots de creme *drool* Now I gotta call dad and see if he’ll make me some for my birthday ๐Ÿ˜€

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

dragonmedley
    Participant

I’m another Lindt lover – milk chocolate in particular. I have a very soft spot for Guylian sea shells, and when I can get my relatives in France to send me some, it’s the Suchard rochers.

I also can snarf down a box of Ferrero rochers (with Nutella in them). For the American/English chocolat, Cadbury Mini-Eggs all the way!

Ok, now I’m in withdrawal… nice going, guys!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Nightcrow
    Participant

MMmmm, chocolate!

I love Lindt, Cadbury (hate hate hate that they’re being bought out by stupid American company!), Milka, and Ritter makes a couple that I really like (the Cappuchino, and the Dark w/ Marzipan!) as well. I just discovered NewTree a couple weeks ago; the Milk Choc. w/ Apricot is to DIE FOR! Newman’s Own makes a great mocha/milk choc. bar, too. Oh, and I also love the Endangered Species chocolate — their milk w/ almonds and dark w/ espresso are particularly good.

Living down the street from an international grocery store really spoiled me as regards chocolate; after three years of imported Swiss and Belgian and German stuff, I can’t eat a Hershey’s bar — all I taste is wax. ๐Ÿ™‚

Zephyr wrote:

Who makes the best-tasting chocolate?

Which brand/brands do you think taste the best? We can discuss everything from everyday comfort foods, to high-end and more obscure products. I would love to hear your opinions. I’ve always enjoyed Godiva, but since they’re kind of commercial in some respects, I was wondering if anyone here might know of some gourmet, all-natural brands that are just as good or even better. Let me know what you think.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Pearl Steel Blue, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, others), production Lap Dragons with minor to moderate damage, and Griffins in Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade.

siberakh1
    Participant

I like Milka (from when I was in Austria), Gertrude Hawk’s dark chocolate with raspberry smidgeons (best dark chocolate/raspberry combo I’ve tried so far), and random other stuff, usually hand made. I’m more of a milk chocolate person myself. Lindt is ok, but sometimes, just a good ol’ Hershey bar tastes pretty good, or some M&Ms. Depends on what I’m in the mood for I guess.

Maria
    Participant

Having lived across the hill from the Lindt chocolate factory most of my life, how can I suggest anything else? Though I have to add that Cailler milk chocolate is excellent, Sprรผngli handmade chocolates are fabulous and the cheap-o “Budget” brand from Switzerland’s biggest grocery chain is surprisingly good. But for pure variety, Lindt takes the cake. Their latest creation with caramel and salt is a dream.
    I don’t like Cadbury’s, and while Hershey’s isn’t much of a chocolate I do enjoy it for being a taste of America. ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
    Participant

Hmmmm Lindt. I love those chocolate truffles wrapped in red foil. Yummmmmmmy.

KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Dagoba. Make it dark.

My sister brought back some chocolates from England and oooo, the best dark chocolate ever.

Photobucket
    Guava

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.