fbpx

What do you think this is? – baby bird poop apparently!

Home Forums Miscellany Community What do you think this is? – baby bird poop apparently!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Skylover beat me to it! It looks like baby bird poop to me too.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

kitsunelady
      Participant

Lmao. XD Baby bird poop! I did not touch it, though! I poked it with a stick, haha. Yuck~ Crazy birds! Of all the places to drop it off, why the birdbath?!

kitsunelady
        Participant

Poems wrote:

Skylover wrote:

I believe that would be baby bird poop. It’s contained in a sack so that the parents can dispose of it outside of the nest.

Link: http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/spring/FecalSacs.html

ROFLMAO!!! omg – I just read the really really REALLY sad story of the attempted save of the bird covered in oil, and was crying and blowing my nose. Then I read this thread, my eyes still blurry from having been crying – and I am like – crying and laughing at the same time………..

Thank you so much Skylover; I was actually going to say it was bird poop too – I think so, yes yes

The year is obe dernt (also known as time before time). The carbon units are searching for matter to consume, they grow weak. There is a tiny slimy white sack washed ashore; one unit plucks it between finger and thumb quickly before the others can get to it and in one fluid gulp, swallows it whole. Satisfied, kitsunegirl walks along the shoreline, searching for more.

The year is 2010, kitsunelady is glad to be of this century in time, and knows what not to eat.

lol it’s just so funny, which was much needed.

Wth. XD @ that little story *dies*

I am definitely glad I know what not to eat now!

LOL!!!! Bet you’re glad you didn’t smell it after all.. *giggle*

kitsunelady wrote:

Lmao. XD Baby bird poop! I did not touch it, though! I poked it with a stick, haha. Yuck~ Crazy birds! Of all the places to drop it off, why the birdbath?!

lol… silly story. in that link it said that “To get rid of the fecal sacs of older babies, the parents carry them away. Robins and bluebirds fly 20-50 yards away, and drop the sacs in flight. Grackles almost always drop fecal sacs over water. Long ago, grackles usually nested near rivers, and the flowing water would carry the droppings far away. Now many grackles nest in conifers in people’s back yards, often far from rivers. But the instinct to drop those fecal sacs over water is still strong, so grackles often drop them in swimming pools and bird baths.”

Anonymous

aharttsx wrote:

kitsunelady wrote:

lol… silly story. in that link it said that “To get rid of the fecal sacs of older babies, the parents carry them away. Robins and bluebirds fly 20-50 yards away, and drop the sacs in flight. Grackles almost always drop fecal sacs over water. Long ago, grackles usually nested near rivers, and the flowing water would carry the droppings far away. Now many grackles nest in conifers in people’s back yards, often far from rivers. But the instinct to drop those fecal sacs over water is still strong, so grackles often drop them in swimming pools and bird baths.”

It’s a shame human babies don’t poop in a sac, so we could just dispose of it in one lift and drop motion, lol

Very impressive to know that birds keep a tidy nest. I’ve seen starlings carry and drop their poop, and then you have housewrens that like to just let it pile up high over the edges creating a disgusting mess. My sun conure will NOT poop inside her cage – and sometimes if I am gone for a few hours she is just bursting to get out (poor thing) – she quickly flies onto another cage and BOMBS away! A lot of birds carry the eggshells off too, so as to keep predators unwise as to the whereabouts of the young. The bird kingdom is really interesting – I have had a pair of cat birds come to my yard for nesting every year for the last ten years. They even ate/took grubs from my hand. Well, still overall this was just such a funny posting, I really appreciated it Kitsune – thanks for letting me poke fun at the kitsunegirl vs lady ๐Ÿ˜‰ I just couldn’t resist!

siberakh1
            Participant

Looks like I was beat to replying again. Checked with my dad (he’s home now… I get to learn how to pack his arm tomorrow… yay!). Yup. It’s bird poop.

My mom tells her Timneh Grey to “Go Poopie!” over the garbage can and he does. But he still does it in his cage and on the counter when he is mad at her. ๐Ÿ˜†
              Ain’t nothing baby about his poop though. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ :puke:

Katherine
              Participant

haha! I looked at the picture again and knowing it was bird poop make it gross!:puke: :puke:
                BTW, the website that was used as a reference is an awesome website! I am trying to grow a hummingbird garden, and I have a feeder out, and I have been trying to research about the two types of hummingbirds that live-or travel through- Iowa, and they have migration progress maps, where you can report where you have seen certain breeds of them and what date. Many are in Iowa now, but I haven’t seen any around my feeder. *pokes flower seeds* grow-you are my key to attracting hummingbirds!!

There are more birds/butterflies/etc. that the website covers, but I love how the website will have an expert write articles and answer questions.

kitsunelady
                Participant

Haha. ๐Ÿ˜€ I already thought it was gross, but yeah…knowing did make it even grosser.

Hummingbirds are funny! I think the noises they make are so cute, and it cracks me up when they chase each other. I’m sure you’ll have no trouble attracting some. =) Orioles are a lot harder to get the attention of. >.>;…at least, around here. D:

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.