fbpx

What Color

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What Color

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Xtharsa
    Participant

I want to start collecting a new color but I am tore between two either the black gold or fire red. what do you guys think?

Xtharsa
      Participant

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

I voted for Black Gold. While I do like the Red Fire color, I find the Black Gold color to be much more striking and vibrant.

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I also voted Black Gold. I don’t own any red fires yet. I perfer the Black Gold because it seems a more dynamic color scheme – and I’m all about color when it comes to dragons πŸ˜€ .

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I’ve seen some red fires in person and some black golds in person (don’t forget that emerald peacock is a current regular production color right now as well) and I have to say I prefer black gold to the other two colors.

WolfenMachine
              Participant

I voted Black Gold too because its the most unique. Red flame is “similar” to ruby in that they’re both red hues. EmPea is a cool (as opposed to warm) color, but the Black Gold is both cool and warm πŸ™‚

Lokie
                Participant

I don’t know; I’ll refrain from voting because anything I’d pick would be based on my personal preference/taste/bais towards a color scheme. I think if you like black and any/all colors, you can’t go wrong with the black gold. If you really gravitate towards warm color schemes with some vibrancy, then red fire.

Curious, any reason you need to stick to just one color? Personal opinion, but I’ve felt not all color schemes look great on all sculpts. Maybe a mixed family will give you the best of both worlds πŸ™‚

bayoudragon
                  Participant

That’s kind of what I’m doing. I want at least 2 of each sculpt and 2 of each color in any combination (for now anyway…LOL). I could never try to collect everything in just one color. I know my personality. It would drive me insane if I was missing a piece. 😈

But if I had to pick between the two… I would chose red fire. I just think dragons always look good in red. Yes, I know it’s cliche’. πŸ˜†

Xtharsa
                    Participant

I am ocd about matching, my hair is even a fire color now. I wear alot of red as well.. both have the color in them as well. The peacocks I have just have become dull to me I need something to liven the place up. I couldn’t have mismatched pieces even that young dragon in rainbow I have is irritating to me

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Yep, I understand the OCD thing. That’s why I make little groupings or pairings so it all makes sense in my head.

If I get a male, I must have a mother to go with it. If I add the young dragon in the same color to the mix, then I must also add the hatching dragon to make the family. I will not accept 3, it’s either the pair or the whole family! If I get an old warrior, he must be paired with a lap. The same goes with the spectrals – it needs to be both the rising and the sitting. Etc, etc, etc. It all makes sense in my own little world. πŸ˜†

Right now, I have a peacock coiled male, and he is with my peacock family… but it is starting to drive me NUTS that I do not have the matching coiled mother to go with him! πŸ™„ I just hadn’t found one for the right price yet. πŸ˜€

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

Personally, if there is a certain piece that I like–a fledgling , lap, then I want them in all colors. I bought a Black Gold Male, Coiled and Fledgling from a store going out of business and quite frankly, I like the way they are displayed together. It sort of grows on you. I like deep rich colors and the black with the other colors to me is quite striking. But you also may want to mix them up a bit–get a piece in the red fire–you may be surprised as how well the contrast looks! πŸ™‚

Travistie
                          Participant

I voted for red fire. I had a black gold mother dragon several years ago, and didn’t care for her that much. I think I actually ended up re-selling her just a few months after I bought her.

Red fire though, is one of the very nicest production colors in my opinion. I love the orange eyes with the red and gold coloration. It’s so much better than the red and more red of the ruby.

Melissa
                            Participant

You can’t go wrong with either. I really like the contrast of my Black Gold Emperor, but the one catch is that the black portion doesn’t have the metallic sheen of most newer Windstone dragon colors. (on mine anyway)

Black Gold is handsome but if you want the shinies, Red Fire is probably the way to go. (but I’ve never seen a Red Fire dragon in person, so someone will have to confirm that it has a full-body metallic sheen like the white/ruby/peacock/emerald/etc.) πŸ˜•

Edit: Pearlyness! That’s the word, rather than metallic sheen.

Thats a hard one. I own some black gold pieces but the Red Fire has always tempted me. Theres a store near me with almost the whole red fire collection and I love the way they look together. I am tempted to ask people to buy them for me on special days like Christmas and birthday. Of course I really am in love with my purple dragons and I am not sure if they would get along with a family of red dragons living a shelf down. πŸ˜†

Bob

I voted Red Fire
                                I have all the B/G I’m collecting and they seem dull in comparison to the pictures I have seen of the fire. I will say I have not seen any of the Fire in person yet but I have a feeling they will be far and beyond one of my favorite colors. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the B/G too but they just do not seem to POP for me as much as others do

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.