fbpx

What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!! (part 2)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What are your squeaks? Tell Melody here!! (part 2)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 984 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Hooray for Zombiecorns! I loved those! I have the Young Hades Unicorn, they are freaking AWESOME! I wish I had gotten them all <3

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Aggie83
      Participant

Zombiecorns for Halloween???

tig3r06
        Participant

Zombiecorns for Halloween???

I was thinking after kickstarter dragons 🤣 Halloween anytime 😊

Anonymous

A short while there was a page on the windstone site that had a listing of most of your products and Ebay specials. It was great for reference on who painted what specials, production, etc.. It was a lot more elaborate than the eBay list that is here. Why was it deleted? It was good to have this library of old Windstone’s. Now when I try to reference something being sold, there is nothing on the Windstone Site to use for reference. Don’t you keep better records that can be shared with us collectors. The old deleted site was https://windstoneeditions.com/products_gallery

Setsunawolf
            Participant

Micheal that was probably from the old site. Not everything migrated over when they changed platforms.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
              Sun Dragon Koi #3

etruscan
              Participant

There still is a Windstone products gallery. The link is at the bottom of Forum pages under “Galleries”. It looks strange because the photos aren’t showing and the pieces aren’t identified, but if you click above “1 photo” (or however many there are) the photo and name of the piece are there.

Probably something on Clay’s never-endng “To Do” list but I’ll ask about it in the “Problems” thread in case the issue has been overlooked.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

They do keep better records actually, I’m sure there’s just not enough time in the day to upload all of those things to their site. Where do you think I got all my pricing for the collection I am selling? I didn’t yank it out of my keister as amazing as that sounds. I do also miss the ebay gallery being updated though. If anything it was nice to be able to research pieces for want ads and things of that nature, but Susie and Clay are pretty much the only two I think maintaining the site and Susie spends the majority of her time with customer service, orders, and packaging. I think it was probably a lot less hectic for them before grab bags became a monthly event instead of a once or twice a year thing. We ask a lot of them and there is only so much time in the day. It’s probably just as simple as that.

There actually was another website that was maintained by a private member called the Ravnheart Database but it too was lost when the person no longer wanted to maintain the server. I do have the PDFs from that website before the data was lost if anyone wants it. It doesn’t have any new information, it spans from about 2006 to 2011 before the website was demolished, but it lists a crap ton of older stuff. However most of the item images don’t even show up on a google search anymore so I’m not sure how useful it would be.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Since I was the one maintaining the Ravnheart database before it went down due to the site not being renewed I have most of the images that were uploaded to it before it went defunct. They are a bit harder to get to because they are on a laptop with a broken screen. Some of the images are on a thumb drive, but most of them are on the computer.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

Oh yes! That’s the same file I have from you Pegasi! It’s right in my phone now so no need to dig out the old laptop anymore ^_^ It doesn’t have images but it worked very well for pricing much of the collection I am selling for Pam’s family and Windstone was able to fill in all the blanks for me.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Yeah the way the online database was set up was using the excel file to create a page for each piece and the Ravnheart’s SO (*I think*) set it so there was a space to upload the pictures so they would appear on each page and as I added new information it updated the high, low, and average price of the pieces. The pictures were never in the excel file. I think they posted some when they set it up, then I added the rest. Boy did I have a time tracking down pictures of pieces. I used to have a text file with the pieces I needed pictures for and I loved making it shrink!

Anonymous

It was a great site it had a list of all the production Dragons, Griffins, Wizards, Special runs, Signed Editions, It had almost every piece Windstone made, the artist who painted the signed editions. It was extremely informative if you were researching pieces and prices. I see Griffins on sale on eBay and I cannot find anything about it on Windstone. No reference of color, or name, nada. I really miss the link. If I knew it was going to be deleted I would have copied it. So Dragonfeathers where did you go to get prices for your sales, I can not find anything on the windstone for old signed eBay pieces. I know about the Gallery, but that was nothing compared to the link I am Questioning about.

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

Michael, if you have the name of the piece and it is from about 2006 to 2011 then I might have the price of it…drag0nfeathers too since I shared the file with her when she started getting the pieces from ddvm’s collection to list.

I was a stay-at-home mom for most of that time so I did my best to get the prices of auctions as they closed out on Ebay. I won’t say I got all of them, but I got quite a few.

After I got divorced and had to start working updating it wasn’t as high on my priority list. I still collected some data, but it never got added to the online database or the excel file. I kept the excel file updated as a backup in case the online database went down. Redundancy at its finest!

Anonymous

Thanks Pegasi1978 your a smart one, I have 3 Redundancy systems with 80 terabytes of space. If I had any idea that windstone would dump that library I would have copied it. I don’t want to be a pain to bother someone with questions about prices, or piece identification, but if you don’t mind I appreciate the offer.

StormDancer
                              Participant

Its rare for me to squeak, but since there might maybe be time with the pandemic to fill in some empty spots of production colors, I would REALLY love it if at some point the Grand Unicorn and the Young could be done in the Slate Grulla color.
                                They’ve been done in the silver grulla which are in postponed production, but not the slate from what I can find.

Looking for:
                                "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

twindragonsmum
                                Participant

Squeaking for Snerl and his family and new colors for griffins; fantasy colors would be awesome!

tdm😊

tdm

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 984 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.