fbpx

What Are You Reading This Winter?

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion What Are You Reading This Winter?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bodancia
    Participant

Oh yes!  Arthur C Clarke!  Rendezvous with Rama is a good one!  And hmmmmm -just what is this Omuamua?  Sure looks like an interstellar ship!

Always looking for a lovely GB Young Unicorns, TP Male Dragons or TP Male Griffins!

pipsxlch
      Participant

Hah your reading sounds not horribly different from mine! I enjoy Cherryh also, I think the Rider duology are probably my favorites of hers that I’ve read. (I book shop at thrift stores, it can be limiting) I liked Valdemar, some more than others, but wasn’t swept away by it. McCaffery I agree it’s the original Pern series along with the Dragonsinger trilogy that grabbed me, the books seemed to decline as time went on and I’m not taken with her other works. I think it’s the idea of the dragons and firelizards I loved. I’ve read and loved most of Clarke’s novels, isn’t it something about Oumuamua? For back to the original topic, I enjoyed Heinlein’s YA works growing up, and Clifford D. Simak is fun. The older Xanth novels of Piers Anthony can be fun too, though they ended up becoming too forced and precious.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.