fbpx

What a week.

Home Forums Miscellany Community What a week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Just found out my grandma has cancer. She may make it another month or so but she’s in awful health and they aren’t too confident. She’s basically waiting to die. 😥 This after finding out we were scammed on my white dragon. 😥 It was an awful phone call. This part of my family disowned me when I married and basically called to tell me this cause they know I love her, but told me to stay away and she still refuses to see me. I never did anything to these people but try to please them. 😥

Purplecat
      Participant

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

that is heart braking…………
          I’ve watched amily and friends die o cancer..but to not be able to be with them is much worse.

my fammily was not disowened outspokenly,but no one called when my grandpa got cancer..we found out BY calling. we also was never told he was on a death bed…we got called when he died.

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Big hugs and warm fuzzies being sent your way! I hope that she doesn’t suffer. We’re here for you!

I am so sorry to hear that *hugs*

We just went through all that here. Grandma Gigi just passed yesterday. But no one was barred from seeing her, and thankfully everyone who wished to see her, was able to get here and do so before she left us.

I would ask to talk to your grandmother on the phone, if she won’t see you in person, perhaps she would be willing to talk to you over the phone. It won’t hurt to ask.

AS for disowning you for marrying, I don’t get it. And really, when this sort of thing happens, old issues should be set aside for the duration…and if they really feel it needs to be continued afterwards, fine. But for this period of time, they should leave it alone.

Just my humble opinion. Anyway, hang in there. For us, Grandma’s going was a blessing, she was suffering and more than willing to go. So while we will miss her, I am glad she is not hurting anymore. We were all there when we needed to be, and everyone, including Grandma got to say goodbye. Her last words to me were “I love you” and I will always treasure that.

I hope that your family will lighten up and allow you to be involved during this difficult time, but if not..write a letter telling your Grandmother how much you care, and love her, and ask someone there to please read it to her, no matter what their personal issues with you may be. Just do that one thing for you.

If you need to talk, feel free to PM me.

Kyrin

Purplecat
            Participant

It wasn’t just me marrying. I’ve been married going on 8 years with three children. My mother was violent. I cut her off after she shook my oldest when he was a month old. My husband wasn’t there and swore neither I or my babies would ever be hurt again. The rest of my family believed my mother saying she did nothing and that I should apologize. Even the years they knew my concussions and bruises were her fault they just said I should try harder to please her. I was disowned for stopping it and not backing down. I wouldn’t then and I refuse to let my children be hurt. An adult should never leave a mark on a small child. My son was ok, but I left with a dislocated jaw.

Starbreeze
              Participant

Just remember your forum family is here for you. Whenever you need to talk, we will be here to listen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

that’s horrible. I am so, so sorry to hear that. we are here for you! *hugs*

Purplecat
                Participant

To be honest, my oldest is five now and the last five years have been wonderful. These people didn’t even know how many kids I had. It’s just now and then that I miss certain family members. This is the first time I’ve ever been called and it’s hard to remember what I came from. It’s not pretty. These people are weak, selfish and mean. But they were who I knew growing up and there’s an attachment there, an unwilling one, but it’s there anyway. I wish my grandmother wanted to see me, but after these years they still refuse me.

I am so sorry about your grandmother – it’s hard to loose a member of the family, even if you are estranged. *sends warm thoughts, hugs and a mental margarita*

I hope your children know what a great mom they have. The fact that you were willing to stand up for them and buck your whole family makes you very special. I hope they appreciate you!

Sorry about your grandma, too, Kyrin. I’ll pray for her tonight.

Maria
                  Participant

starbreeze wrote:

Just remember your forum family is here for you. Whenever you need to talk, we will be here to listen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Ditto. I’m sorry for your losses, Kyrin and purplecat. All the best.

Purplecat
                    Participant

Thank you everyone.

Sorry to hear of your Gramma Purplecat. Warm hugs and well wishes for you and her sent your way.
                      About your family, they should have been able to see whta was happening with you adn your mother and not judge you for protecting your own child/children. They are in the wrong, and you are right.
                      And all of us are here for you! <3 😀

dragonmedley
                      Participant

I’m really sorry for the sad news, but I’m happy that you were able to take your life and do what you wanted with it. It’s very hard to break out sometimes; it takes a lot of courage and determination. Hang in there! I’m proud to know a strong woman like you.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.