fbpx

Westminster is on!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Westminster is on!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

YEah, I saw the akita win something…but I’ve slept since then, lol….I thought the akita took best in show…but I’m probably wrong. That was a beautiful dog. πŸ™‚

Thats the one I saw when I was home. I saw it on my honeymoon, as a matter of fact. πŸ˜†

Nope, Best of Show is tonight πŸ™‚ The Akitas are judged at 2:15pm EST today, when best of Breed will be decided and go to the Working group tonight πŸ™‚

I’m watching the replay of last night on tv now πŸ˜€

Skigod377
      Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

YEah, I saw the akita win something…but I’ve slept since then, lol….I thought the akita took best in show…but I’m probably wrong. That was a beautiful dog. πŸ™‚

Thats the one I saw when I was home. I saw it on my honeymoon, as a matter of fact. πŸ˜†

Nope, Best of Show is tonight πŸ™‚ The Akitas are judged at 2:15pm EST today, when best of Breed will be decided and go to the Working group tonight πŸ™‚

I’m watching the replay of last night on tv now πŸ˜€Hmm… I wonder what I saw then? The Akita won it, whatever it was. It was probably best in her group.

I’m rooting for the newfie!!!!!

Starbreeze
        Participant

hmmmm….why isn’t that a surprise??? πŸ˜†

Purplecat
          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

I’m watching the replay of last night on tv now πŸ˜€Hmm… I wonder what I saw then? The Akita won it, whatever it was. It was probably best in her group.

I saw whatever you did ski….and the akita that won was the only one there…and I’m pretty darn sure it was best of show…..maybe a rerun?

Skigod377
            Participant

purplecat wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

I saw whatever you did ski….and the akita that won was the only one there…and I’m pretty darn sure it was best of show…..maybe a rerun?Could have been. I was just clicking thru chanels when I came to it, so I didt get to watch it from the beginning. It was a good show, whatever it was. I remember them saying that they had so many dogs who were previous champions… so and so had won 5 times, this dog had won 7 times, etc etc. It was a really good group of dogs. They didnt pic either the Staff Terrier or the American Terrier for a placement, so Paul was angry. πŸ˜†

I fell asleep during the working group…. and woke up in time to hear that the beagle won best in show. πŸ˜†

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

siberakh1 wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

purplecat wrote:

I saw whatever you did ski….and the Akita that won was the only one there…and I’m pretty darn sure it was best of show…..maybe a rerun?Could have been. I was just clicking thru chanels when I came to it, so I didt get to watch it from the beginning. It was a good show, whatever it was. I remember them saying that they had so many dogs who were previous champions… so and so had won 5 times, this dog had won 7 times, etc etc. It was a really good group of dogs. They didnt pic either the Staff Terrier or the American Terrier for a placement, so Paul was angry. πŸ˜†

That might have been the Eukanuba dog show on a week or so ago. I saw that one and was thrilled to see the Akita win (yay Akita’s) If it was on last night than I missed it.I’ll be watching today to see if it happens again. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Purplecat
              Participant

πŸ˜† well…..I guess we’ll find out then. I really like Bernese Mountain dogs…their coloring is sooo pretty, and the dog shows are my only chance to see one. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Yay! Uno the beagle won Best In Show at Westminster.

I tried to see who got best in show for the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship, but that site is not well organized at all. I did find the Akita breed results though and they had placings in: Working Group – 1st Place, Working Group – 4th Place Bred by Exhibitor, Best of Breed, Best of Opposite Sex, Award of Excellence. Could it have been a repeat of a previous show that you saw?

Purplecat
                  Participant

possibly, much like ski I was just flipping through the channels and found a dog show…seemed like the most interesting thing to watch… πŸ™‚

siberakh1
                    Participant

purplecat wrote:

πŸ˜† well…..I guess we’ll find out then. I really like Bernese Mountain dogs…their coloring is sooo pretty, and the dog shows are my only chance to see one. πŸ˜€

So do I πŸ˜€ It’s one of the small list of dogs I root for (at least that are AKC recognized breeds… a few aren’t able to compete at Westminster yet, but compete in Europe) πŸ™‚

Yay Uno! He did end up winning last night πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                      Participant

A beagle, too. Thats a first. He sure was cute though, with that little tuft of hair on the top of his tail.

purplecat wrote:

My breeds never win either, LOL. I know a breeder os BMD, very very unhealthy breed as a whole though, beautiful, but lots of health problems, average 7 years I think, so sad.

I root for the Shibas, Afghan Hounds, AmStaffs, Irish Wolfhounds and Bouvier Des Flanders. The Bouv this year is a Canadian bred dog, I have talked to his breeder abot getting a show pup from them. Wonderful dogs, the do show and conformation, health tests out the wazoo, all in all wonderful breeders.

siberakh1
                        Participant

The Akita that won the working group won the working group last year. I love her coloration! Reminds me of the way watercolor will sometimes settle darker around a line.

There are some lines of Berners that do live longer, but yeah, they aren’t a long lived breed. Many larger breeds don’t live as long as something smaller, but the Bernese does have some issues. Irish Wolfhounds have a similar lifespan and all Lundehunds will eventually acquire a disease specific to the breed (though that is being studied by a college in Texas I believe to try to help find a cure/way to breed it out). I still want a Bernese though. Shibas are cute too. We’ve always had English or American cockers in the house, other than when we took in my friend’s sheltie that needed to be re-homed and the Bassett my older brothers had. I like cockers (I think I’d rather get a field spaniel though), but I’d love something different, and probably bigger (many of the breeds I like are bigger… I’m not really into the terrier or toy breeds much). Stabyhoun and some of the lesser known Japanese breeds intrigue me (maybe I’ll bring one back from Japan when I get there :wink:). I know I will probably end up with a couple of dogs eventually. I’m partial to herding, nordic and guardian breeds πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.