fbpx

We're still working on making the store better!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion We're still working on making the store better!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

You’ll see that the appearance of the product pages is improving (we still have to work on the picture sizes – they don’t want to be uniform). We now have product categories for “Regular Production” which are those items that are available from our dealers (remember that under the “shop” tab you can find a list of our dealers), and “Unsigned Limited Production” (items made in small batches that we may not make again for a very long time – these are generally only available directly from us), and “Signed Limited Production” (this includes the grab bag items – and a couple of things that Melody has signed, such as the Rising Spectral Dragon in White). Please note that you can sort the items you see in various ways, and you can also change the number of items you see on a page. You can also search for a specific item – such as “polar bear” by entering words in the small search box up at the top of the screen next to My Account.

This morning I’ve also figured out how to change the “Featured Products” down at the bottom of each page – they are very small, however provide a quick way to find those items. Yay! πŸ™‚ With time we hope to have a featured item slide show again like we used to.

Please keep giving us your observations and suggestions to make the store work better – and of course, let us know if something isn’t working right.

Aggie83
      Participant

I like the sorting feature – especially sorting by newness – and I like being able to show all items in a category on one page. Thank you for continuing to work on finding a way to bring back the slide show, but in the meantime (or if that proves to be not workable), will the “featured items” always reflect the newest items? It appears to currently.

Susie
        Keymaster

Normally we put new stuff in the Featured Items – or anything we feel like bringing your attention to – its not exclusively what’s newest.

scenceable
          Participant

I really liked on the old shop how the home page had the most recent released items. I’m not sure if I am just looking in the wrong place but I can’t find a page like that on the new one πŸ™‚

Susie
            Keymaster

The new store will have a slide show at the front like the old did – however until that’s done – look at the bottom of each page for “Featured Items” where we will put new items or things we’d just like to remind the world that we have. You can also sort each category of items by “newness” – try it in the Pebble Animal category!

Scathach
              Participant

A couple of things have come to mind in the last while:

1 – it would be really nice to use the “back button” to go back to a previous page in the store. It seems that I have to go all the way out to the main page and then go back to what I was looking for.

2. – the old store used to let us sort by “in stock” “out of stock” in each category. I don’t see that function anymore.

I like the “sort by newness” option. πŸ™‚

Things seem to be moving much more smoothly, otherwise, although the forum and PMs still seem slow to load.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                Participant

1 – it would be really nice to use the “back button” to go back to a previous page in the store. It seems that I have to go all the way out to the main page and then go back to what I was looking for.

I’m not having this problem. Using Firefox I can navigate back and forth. I haven’t tried using anything else.

Scathach
                  Participant

I’m not having this problem. Using Firefox I can navigate back and forth. I haven’t tried using anything else.

I use Chrome on my computer but have the problem when I’m accessing the store, not the forum, from my phone.

Also, the “keep shopping” button has disappeared from my cart page. πŸ™

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                    Participant

The “Check back” message is weird! I wonder what determines the times … While watching the Gothic Unicorns I got “Check back in 10 minutes”, and when the 10 minutes had expired I got “Check back in 5 minutes”, and when that had expired I got “Check back in 37 minutes”!

I hope that the message disappears if a piece actually comes back into the store, but I haven’t watched long enough to tell.

Edit – I still don’t know what happens if a piece jumps put of a cart, but the “Waitlist” message just replaced the “Check back” message. πŸ™‚

The “Check back” message is weird! I wonder what determines the times … While watching the Gothic Unicorns I got “Check back in 10 minutes”, and when the 10 minutes had expired I got “Check back in 5 minutes”, and when that had expired I got “Check back in 37 minutes”!

I hope that the message disappears if a piece actually comes back into the store, but I haven’t watched long enough to tell.

Edit – I still don’t know what happens if a piece jumps put of a cart, but the “Waitlist” message just replaced the “Check back” message. πŸ™‚

I saw that happen– it had the “check back in 35 minutes” message, and then when I refreshed, the “check back” message had disappeared and it said “Only 1 left in stock” or something like that. Once I put it in my cart, the message changed to the “check back” message and also added a message that one of them was in my cart.

Blight
                      Participant

Except for the errors, the store’s looking great! Nice font overhauls and links.

Betrluk1
                        Participant

would it be possible to get the button that let us choose if we were only seeing out of stock or in stock back? i feel lke there was a curled dragon i wanted to get but is now not listed and i cant remember which one haha. need to know which one is not for sale anymore.

etruscan
                          Participant

would it be possible to get the button that let us choose if we were only seeing out of stock or in stock back? i feel lke there was a curled dragon i wanted to get but is now not listed and i cant remember which one haha. need to know which one is not for sale anymore.

There are 16(!) curled dragons in “Postponed Production”, if that helps.

Susie
                            Keymaster

We want to be able to see only in stock or only out of stock as well – and to sort things in the order of item number – there are things we still need to do to the store but it will not happen right away because our web master is working on moving the rest of the site to be where the store is. Its all a big project!

Betrluk1
                              Participant

Thanks for getting back to me Susie. I am glad to hear that this is a function that will hopefully be back in the future. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.