fbpx

We're civilian again…. pg 21

Home Forums Miscellany Community We're civilian again…. pg 21

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Books and movies were actually done after the Windstones for this move, but that’s because the spaces for the Windstones were ready before the spaces for the books and movies.

Ohh what’s the name of that program that lets you list your books? I’d love to get mine inventoried but other than Excel haven’t really found anything for it. I have an old excel list, but it’s missing a lot of current books and has some listed that I no longer own.

Right now the books are double layered on our shelves as well. I’m dreading going through and reorganizing, but at least my husband tried to keep all the books by an author together so that will make things a little easier.

Jasmine
      Participant

I had to wait a whole year after the move before I could finish unpacking my books. Hubby wanted to build the bookcase for upstairs. I was just about going nuts before he was done. I hated having the boxes in my living room for a whole freakin’ year!!

And I’m using the “Delicious Library” which catalogues all my books, movies and CDs. I’m not sure if it’s available for the PC though. But it’s a fabulous piece of software.

Laurie
        Participant

Kyrin wrote:

Perhaps when Laurie visits next summer she and I can do that. I also have a very nifty program that lets me list every book I have, about 1/4 of them are already entered, but I have a long way to go to get all of them.

Kyrin

Ah Hah, you don’t want me for me, you want to put me to work!!! I see now. πŸ˜† πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

2Huberts wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Perhaps when Laurie visits next summer she and I can do that. I also have a very nifty program that lets me list every book I have, about 1/4 of them are already entered, but I have a long way to go to get all of them.

Kyrin

Ah Hah, you don’t want me for me, you want to put me to work!!! I see now. πŸ˜† πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰

Of course! πŸ˜‰ Actually I was thinking along the lines of having you fly in on a Friday, and not go back until the second Sunday, which would give us 9 days…we’d kick back for Sat and Sun, then head to Oregon Monday morning, pester my family over there a bit, arrange to visit Melody and the crew on Wed, then head back on Thurs. or Friday, goof off here on Sat, and then take you to the airport Sun. Sound like a plan…if we get to playing with books or Windstones great, if not, who really cares? Not me!

Kyrin

WolfenMachine
          Participant

Congrats, Peg on the new house and the unpacking! I know how it is-home isn’t home without books, movies and Windstones. πŸ™‚ Delicious Library. Hmm. Will defiantly look that up. Sounds interesting and useful

Pegasi1978
            Participant

WolfenMachine wrote:

Congrats, Peg on the new house and the unpacking! I know how it is-home isn’t home without books, movies and Windstones. πŸ™‚ Delicious Library. Hmm. Will defiantly look that up. Sounds interesting and useful

Thanks. The books are all unpacked now and I get to hit the movers/packers for more damages…the cover on one book was ripped to shreds and I can’t find two books that I had anywhere. We ended up having five bookshelves in the library. 😯 Most of the paperback books are still turned sideways, but there isn’t anything that is double stacked anymore..

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Yesterday was the last day of my husband’s contract with the army. πŸ˜€ We are now officially civilians again! It feels a little weird after being military for so long, but it’s nice. We spent yesterday afternoon visiting with my husband’s brother, his fiancΓ©e and their 6 week old son. We got one of those ice cream cakes to celebrate.

Bob

CONGRATS!!!

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Yesterday was the last day of my husband’s contract with the army. πŸ˜€ We are now officially civilians again! It feels a little weird after being military for so long, but it’s nice. We spent yesterday afternoon visiting with my husband’s brother, his fiancΓ©e and their 6 week old son. We got one of those ice cream cakes to celebrate.

CONGRATS! Welcome to the life of fat and nasty! (Don’t let him eat too many double cheese burgers right off the bat! 😯

darjeb
                    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS

siberakh1
                      Participant

whoo hoo! Congrats! πŸ˜€

Katherine
                        Participant

CONGRATULATIONS PEGASI!!!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Stephanie
                          Participant

Congrats!

Yay congrats!

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

CONGRATS! Welcome to the life of fat and nasty! (Don’t let him eat too many double cheese burgers right off the bat! 😯

He’s actually been on terminal leave for the last two months so no mandatory PT (that and he only just got back from being deployed in late July so no real PT while everyone else was on regular leave). He’s put on a little weight that he’s not happy about, but it’s not bad. He keeps saying he’s going to go check out one of the gyms close to our house (it says it’s open 24/7), but forgets about it before doing so. πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 320 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.