fbpx

We're civilian again…. pg 21

Home Forums Miscellany Community We're civilian again…. pg 21

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 320 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Well the weather is fitting my mood right now. 😥 My husband left on his deployment very early this morning. I didn’t even get to stay the whole time since our son hadn’t been feeling well and was sleepy. *Shakes fist* Stupid army why couldn’t you leave a few hours later so I wouldn’t have as cranky of a 2 year old meaning I could stay until he got on the bus. I didn’t even get a goodbye picture of the three of us because I forgot about one until I was on my way home.

It’s wierd to look around the kitchen and not see my husbands’s things everywhere. Probably in the next week or so I’ll go through the house and gather up what’s left of his military gear and store it in the four trunks in the storage closet. I just need to remember to take an inventory of each trunk so he will know what’s where later.

I don’t think our son realizes that Daddy’s not going to be home for a long time. He has asked for Daddy once since he got up and seemed to accept the answer that Daddy was at work. I’d been trying to tell him for a little bit that Daddy was going to have to go away to help keep other people safe, but since he’s so young I have a feeling he doesn’t know what that means.

I know we can make it through it since this is our second deployment, I’m just very lonely and sad right now.

dragonmedley
        Participant

Big, big hugs! I hate being alone for more than a weekend… and that only happens very occasionally.
          We’ll keep you company 😉

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

I am so sorry. I know there’s nothing to be said to make you feel better, but I wish there was. How long is the deployment? 90 days? 6 mo? (Please not a year) I was an airforce brat, and when my dad went on his first long assignment away from home he had to take a bit of leave to come back because mom couldn’t get me to eat. As I got older she said I created imaginary friends who would come to stay whenever he went away. I don’t know how mom dealt with it, or how you or anyone else does either. The most I had to deal with was a week-long absence.

NirvanaCat13
          Participant

Hang in there Peg, we are all here for you, sending big hugs and warm fuzzies. If you ever feel down, you always have us for a laugh, just say something! And of course, you know what I’m always good for 😈

ok, is that one bug or two bugs in the thought caption?

Pegasi1978
            Participant

boskydragon wrote:

How long is the deployment? 90 days? 6 mo? (Please not a year)

Gods I wish it was only 90 days or six months. The deployment is for 15 months. The last one, when our son was 2 months old when daddy left, was 12 months. Daddy is hoping to come home in November when Gavin turns 3.

I have a friend here in town who was my “battle buddy” the last time our husbands deployed and her’s leaves later this week. We will probably be getting together quite a bit more now that she lives on base instead of an hour away.

Last time I tried to find ways to keep myself busy. I worked on a cross-stitch pillow for my mother in law that was given to her this past Christmas. I got really involved with a “The Last Unicorn” icon contest community on livejournal and I haven’t quit yet, although I haven’t made any icons in a few weeks. The creative spark has been dimmed a little bit. I also spent a lot of time just bumming around on the Internet.

I have a playgroup that I take my son to twice a week and I’m thinking about checking out the local YMCA because they have a toddler programs on two other days of the week. After he adjusts to Daddy being gone it will be time to see about potty training. I didn’t even bother starting before Daddy left because I knew he would just relapse.

Thanks for all the hugs and warm fuzzies everyone. They help keep my spirits up, as well as reading everyone’s posts.

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

gryphondreamer wrote:

ok, is that one bug or two bugs in the thought caption?

One, it’s a Mayfly, they live as a larve in the water for most of their lives, and when they hatch into adults they only live something like 3 days in which they have to reproduce and lay their eggs.

Sorry not trying to steal the thread…back to Peg =P

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Play group I think will be good for your son, get him out and playing with other kids, as for you, getting out of the house and doing stuff like gardening or social events. I speak from personal experience, by habbit, I’m a recluse, prefering to spend time with the computers and my critters, but it really does feel better when I get dragged out for coffee or a movie with friends. Heck even just hanging out in friends barracks rooms watching movies was helpful =P Either way, we are here for ya!

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

We’ve been going to the play group since I found out about it around Halloween. I’ve made friends with several of the mother’s there and one mentioned something about exchanging phone numbers (and last names) so we can get together and do things from time to time.

Last time about once every two weeks I would head to Savannah, the closest city with actual malls, and spend some time wandering the stores and usually pick up a few books and movies while I was there. We didn’t quite get everything paid off like we wanted to because of that “comfort spending”.

This time around I’m going to try and limit the trips to once a month and before I buy anything all the extra money we will be getting goes in the bank. I also plan on killing our credit card bill and hopefully most if not all of my school loan. We really need to build up savings this time because when he gets back a few months later he will get out of the army and we will have to face the civilian world for the first time in a long time (He joined in 2000 and we married in 2003).

Maria
                    Participant

I’ll keep you, your son and your husband in my prayers, Peg. We’re always here for you.

Elena
                      Participant

sending prayers to keep everyone safe and warm hugs. We’re here for you Peg!

laphon1
                        Participant

We’ll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

I got an email from my husband a little while ago letting me know he made it to Germany safe and sound. He asked that I “let everyone know I’m doing alright.” Hopefully I’ll get to hear from him again soon and I’ll pass along updates as I get them.

Purplecat
                            Participant

Hang in there… 😥 😥 I wish there was more we could do. Big hugs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 320 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.