fbpx

Well, now I don't feel so bad…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Well, now I don't feel so bad…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

SPark
      Participant

I felt a little weird when I got the deal for a male and mother brown dragon for just $10 plus shipping. I mean… that’s seriously cheap. I almost felt like I was cheating the seller, and I felt a little guilty.

I just took down the male to clean him and check for paint rubs so I could touch him up if I needed to.

He has been chipped all to heck, his tail, claws, horns, and wings, all small chips but lots of them, and then painted over with big messy splotches of a brown that doesn’t even match at all! I don’t know how I missed it when I first took him out of the box.

This means that instead of five minutes touching up rubs and flea bits, I’m going to have at least an hour of resculpting scales, and then a HUGE paint touch up job. I mean… there’s inch-wide patches of nasty paint over tiny little chips. Augh. Whoever did this was the sloppiest painter I’ve ever seen, and the areas are big enough that I can’t just make one color, I’m going to have to try and match the blending of dark and light brown.

I’m not really complaining, even chipped half to death he was dirt cheap. I’d pay $5 for a windstone in pieces, after all. But the seller never said anything about chips and repair. (He didn’t say they were mint either, but you know… you mention things like this, at least if you’re honest.)

So I don’t feel like I cheated the seller anymore. Nope. No guilt whatsoever.

It is always fun to match multicolors…I had to for both of my brown adult dragons…I didn’t do half bad! You can’t tell I did it at all!!! 8)

Well that should be another warning for the bad list. hehe. You can look at this way, at least you got them for cheap and it will give you something to do when your bored. 😆 j/k your probably never bored and always have something to do.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

My mother brown dragon I got is pretty banged up and repainted badly, but at least they stayed in the area that was broken pretty well. I still need to fix it when I have time, but I paid 40 bucks for it. *shrug* I guess I’d pay 5 bucks for one in pieces too though. Still a decent deal. I’d say just repaint the whole thing, but it would be nice to salvage a brown one if you could.

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Skigod377
          Participant

Thats the problem with buying things when folks dont know what they have, They dont know how to treat them either, or how to describe their condition to a collector. As for putting him on the list, it would be pointless. He probably doesnt sell Windstones on a regular basis. $10 os still a steal, no matter the condition.

SPark
            Participant

He didn’t even know it was a Windstone, which is why I got it so cheap. It was listed as “must see dragon statues” or something like that.

Anyhow, I think the male is still salvageable. I really don’t need another male to repaint, I still haven’t finished the silver and blue one I started ages ago! Though if he proves impossible to restore to close to original condition, I may consider doing a custom paint job auction, or something similar.

The female is definitely fixable, and is already promised to a new home, actually. (I never really liked female dragons that much, I decided there was something else I wanted more.) I was going to fix her up today, but now I have to fix the male’s scales first, as I want to paint them both at once to save having to mix up two batch of brown paint. I haven’t got anything on hand that matches, so I’ve got to make my own.

Skigod377
              Participant

What a pain! I just touched up the griffin I got and I must say, you cant tell he was ever missing paint. I love it when it works out like that. That was only a few flea bites, though. I would think those dragons would be a much bigger task and take too much time for me. It might be fun, though. Maybe you should take before and after photos.

littleironhorse
                Participant

Can’t you ask Karen for some brown paint?

SPark
                  Participant

I suppose. But I’d have to ask for all three shades of brown they used, and I’d still have the problem of blending them together smoothly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.