fbpx

well, jobhunt it is….

Home Forums Miscellany Community well, jobhunt it is….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Duld
    Participant

Duld
      Participant

last week I was aiming to continiue being a music teacher and a dental tecnitian… but it seems that isn’t working for my employers, since I am merely a musician and not a licensed teacher, I am not in a priority when another person applies for the job I am in, so…. and this is the bad part, I had to compete with one of my oldest friends for my job… and I lost

this totally sucks, but I do understand him, he has a family to run (but so have I) and I do not hate him for it, but still this is kinda unfair….

now I have to think about a job that can go with my other job :shrug:

Andrea
        Participant

How about music tutoring? Or heck… Math or reading tutoring for grade schoolers. Craigslist here lists them at $20 an hour and you can do it on your own time!

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Or you could move here, to Soda Springs, Idaho, USA and teach music in our middle school. Our music program is dying and my kids hate that there may not be any music in school next year…

twindragonsmum

tdm

Duld
            Participant

well music tutoring, that would be my aim, but there are too many licensed teachers that are competing with me about that one, I might have to join a choir again,

I’m still gonna try,

and moving to Idaho… well… sounds good (and a good one), but I would need either a man that hyphnotises my hubby or a divorce, to be able to ;), and I need to be better in musical english

have to be positive though

Setsunawolf
              Participant

Can you get your teaching certification? And if you are cheaper even by a dollar or so for private tutoring you just might be able to undercut the licensed teachers. Money’s tight, people are looking for deals. 8)

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Duld
                Participant

teacher certification, yes I can get it, ๐Ÿ™‚ costs a bunch and takes two years, if I get nothing, then I guess I’m off to school, if I go to my old music school or artzie college, I get a degree that allowes me to teach all ages, (three levels of teacher certificates in iceland) but I am still aiming for a singing instructor job, and I am in the musicians union of Iceland, so I am banned from deliberately undercutting if I want the chance of a free lawier in the future (regarding musicians issues, very common)

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

Well they just take all the fun out of competition don’t they? Although the free lawyer sounds good. I hope you find that job BRos. ๐Ÿ™‚

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

Duld
                    Participant

I hope so too ๐Ÿ˜€ stay positive, this’ll be fun , I’ll get a great job, and everyone will love me (remember “The Secret)

Maria
                      Participant

Found anything yet, BRoS? Good luck with the search if you haven’t.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.