fbpx

Well I'll be damned…it works!

Home Forums Miscellany Food Well I'll be damned…it works!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Okay, so here’s the scenerio, last week I cooked some pork in green sauce and managed to scorch the bottom, we still ate it, but the burnt flavor was all the way through it, though I had cut off the burnt part.

But not one to waste food, I saved what was left. Today I decided to convert it into chili, but the burnt flavor even with all the other ingredients was still coming through loud and clear. So I looked up on the net on how to save scorched food, and most said it couldn’t be done, but one lady piped up and said, use a big tablespoon of peanut butter.

I figured I had nothing to lose and tried it. It worked! You can’t smell the burnt flavor, and the taste of it is so minuscule now as to not exist. It bloody flipping works! I am so pleased.

Anyway, figuring I am not the only one out there who scorches things, I thought I would share. I imagine it would work in anything that has strong enough spices to not be influenced by the peanut butter, in the chili for example, you can’t taste it.

Pretty cool though, who would have ever thought of that?

Kyrin

Stephanie
    Participant

Not me! Thanks for the tip!

πŸ˜† Thanks for the tip! I don’t know that I would’ve been brave enough to try that (not a fan of peanut butter) but I will certainly remember this!

boskydragon wrote:

πŸ˜† Thanks for the tip! I don’t know that I would’ve been brave enough to try that (not a fan of peanut butter) but I will certainly remember this!

I probably eat peanut butter twice a year! πŸ˜† But sometimes it is good, and now that I know an alternative use for it, I think I will keep it around. LOL!

Kyrin

Jasmine
      Participant

Wonder who decided that that would be a good thing to try. “Well, we’ve tried every thing else in the pantry, let’s throw in some peanut butter…” πŸ˜†

Bob

What do you do with the peanut butter??

Dragon Master wrote:

What do you do with the peanut butter??

You put about a tablespoon of peanut butter in whatever it is you scorched…creamy style preferably, unless you want peanut bits. πŸ˜‰

Kyrin

Jasmine wrote:

Wonder who decided that that would be a good thing to try. “Well, we’ve tried every thing else in the pantry, let’s throw in some peanut butter…” πŸ˜†

Yeah. I guess it’s a good thing they tried the peanut butter before they got to the can of anchovies.

lamortefille
          Participant

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]

Jasmine wrote:

Yeah. I guess it’s a good thing they tried the peanut butter before they got to the can of anchovies.

πŸ˜†

darjeb
            Participant

That’s neat I would never thought of it either

Lupin
              Participant

I remembered this last week when Male burnt supper, but figured that Stew wasn’t exactly a powerful enough flavour, so just dealt with it. He doesn’t burn so much anymore, not like when I was Pregnant, and really tasted even the slightest amount, even when you couldn’t smell that it had burned.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.