fbpx

Weird secondhand finds

Home Forums Miscellany Community Weird secondhand finds

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WeirdSecondhandFinds/
      This group on Facebook is my recent favorite. It is hilarious, both for the insane stuff that people find at thrift stores, and also the comments, which are usually pretty funny too. Amazingly, several Windstones have shown up on it as weird things. WEIRD?? WHAT’S WEIRD ABOUT THEM???
      Anybody have weird secondhand finds to show here?

Celestial Rainstorm
      Participant

I absolutely adore them. My mother and I are getting a kick out of seeing all these great finds. Now I always have to be on the lookout for my own house hippo!!

Finding happiness again.

Kim
        Blocked

Oooh, I need to join that group! It’s looks awesome! I think the one person didn’t know what a ‘Windstone cat bird’ was. haha. Other than that they aren’t weird, they’re beautiful!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
          Participant

I need that spice rack…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melody
            Keymaster

Oooh, I need to join that group! It’s looks awesome! I think the one person didn’t know what a ‘Windstone cat bird’ was. haha. Other than that they aren’t weird, they’re beautiful!

Oh gosh! I hadn’t seen that recent “cat bird” one! That’s the fourth winged cat Windstone that has turned up on that group’s page. People think they are weird??

LZ
              Participant

Melody, you could always pop in to any of those “weird” Windstone find posts and comment how you are the artist. They seem like a very friendly group, and it may drive more traffic to this site for purchases of new weird items, not just old weird ones.

And yes, that Lenox village spice rack is fabulous!

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

Melody
                Keymaster

Melody, you could always pop in to any of those “weird” Windstone find posts and comment how you are the artist. They seem like a very friendly group, and it may drive more traffic to this site for purchases of new weird items, not just old weird ones.

I do if the person says they plan to put the Windstone thing out in the garden! I lurk. Plenty of people always jump in and tell the poster what they got!

Melody
                  Keymaster

I do if the person says they plan to put the Windstone thing out in the garden! I lurk. Plenty of people always jump in and tell the poster what they got!

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Oh gosh! I hadn’t seen that recent “cat bird” one! That’s the fourth winged cat Windstone that has turned up on that group’s page. People think they are weird??

People definitely think my fantasy creatures are “weird”, even when I just add wings onto otherwise normal animals like a cat or wolf. I don’t understand, but maybe some people just aren’t exposed to very much interesting stuff in their lives?! I once had a lady say that “combining two animals is the work of the devil”, so people believe in things that I never would have guessed at.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

pipsxlch
                      Participant

People definitely think my fantasy creatures are “weird”, even when I just add wings onto otherwise normal animals like a cat or wolf. I don’t understand, but maybe some people just aren’t exposed to very much interesting stuff in their lives?! I once had a lady say that “combining two animals is the work of the devil”, so people believe in things that I never would have guessed at.

What would you call the standard Western depiction of an angel then?

I once read a blog by someone- in Toronto I think- who made a living picking up trash off the side of the road and dumpster diving. They found a lot of valuable items in people’s trash, some of them very rare and pricey. Like a 300 year old book. I found the blog searching ‘Windstone’, they’d picked a white male out of the garbage.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.