fbpx

Warrior Dragon Prime (roll Transformers music)…please….

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Warrior Dragon Prime (roll Transformers music)…please….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Melody, now that we have an Old Warrior Dragon, I was wondering if you will ever do a Warrior Dragon in his/her prime? It can be sculpted in a more vigorous mode, getting ready to strike or breath a firebolt, with wings flared out. It can be the protector of the family, the Leonidas(300) or Maximus(Gladiator) of the bunch, the same size as an Old Warrior, who they learned all their fighting skills from. I see the OW drilling them on how to strike with speed and power, and how to achieve maximum flame range and temperature!

Just got to thinking how powerful they would look, because Dragon Master in one of the threads mentioned that the OW would be almost the size of the emperor if he stood up. Would be an awesome dynamic sculpt! I know you’re busy chasing llamas and all, but just something to gnaw away at the back of your mind πŸ˜€

Maria
    Participant

More vigorous poses have been addressed a few times already. They’re hard to cast and would be a real problem to ship. Most of us would like more active poses, but they’re not real feasible.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

More vigorous poses have been addressed a few times already. They’re hard to cast and would be a real problem to ship. Most of us would like more active poses, but they’re not real feasible.

OK…doesn’t have to be a ‘vigorous’ pose…just a young badass looking Warrior, jacked to the gills, and a cocky grin on his face, will be fine πŸ˜€ It’s the cage fighter in me…hehhee…

WolfenMachine
      Participant

I think we’ve all dreamed of a Windstone with outstretched wings, but I think the only way we’ll see that is if Melody ever produces them in pewter or if she ever sketches one. Due to limitations on casting, the wings would be far too heavy and fragile, and would probably break off while the Windstone crew was trying to remove them from their molds. I don’t know a lot about the casting process, but there is somehing called “overhang” they have to consider when thinking about new sculpts. Overhang, from what I understand, is just an amount the critter’s features stick out from its body. Ex: the length of the Emperor’s nose was probably too long to NOT have it touching his body. That’s why Melody’s critters are “squishy” and not with wings and paws and claws all open….although they would be even more breath-taking in poses like that.

I’m hoping one day there might be some new prints of such things πŸ™‚

WolfenMachine
        Participant

WOW, in the time it took me to type a reply, there were 2 more! You guys are too fast!

OK,ok…we’re focused too much on the vigorous poses. How about just a Prime Warrior looking tough like the alpha dragon it is! The Conan of Windstone!

One way to do a do a dynamic pose without having wings, etc. stick out is to have a dragon streaking through the air, with his wings swept back, so he would resemble a missle, with snout, long neckrest of the body, bursting out from a cloud, or streaking up or diving down….

BUT…

I just want a Prime Warrior…he could be on a
          Lazy-Boy with a bag of cheetos for all I care…

WolfenMachine wrote:

WOW, in the time it took me to type a reply, there were 2 more! You guys are too fast!

Gotta be fast if you want to be an Alpha Dragon baby! 😈

Skigod377
          Participant

I would love a new sculpt πŸ˜€ Any new sculpt πŸ˜†

It could look like a male dragon, but bigger and more attitude.

Megan
            Participant

DROGO wrote:

he could be on a

😯 πŸ˜† Okay now I’m picturing this… cheetos shaped like little bitty knights and princesses. Who doesn’t love fun shaped snackies?

Bob

WolfenMachine wrote:

I think we’ve all dreamed of a Windstone with outstretched wings, but I think the only way we’ll see that is if Melody ever produces them in pewter or if she ever sketches one. Due to limitations on casting, the wings would be far too heavy and fragile, and would probably break off while the Windstone crew was trying to remove them from their molds. I don’t know a lot about the casting process, but there is somehing called “overhang” they have to consider when thinking about new sculpts. Overhang, from what I understand, is just an amount the critter’s features stick out from its body. Ex: the length of the Emperor’s nose was probably too long to NOT have it touching his body. That’s why Melody’s critters are “squishy” and not with wings and paws and claws all open….although they would be even more breath-taking in poses like that.

I’m hoping one day there might be some new prints of such things πŸ™‚
                EXACTLY I have asked about a dragon with out stretched wings many times and they have said that the wings would be WAY to fragile

Bob

Megani-chan wrote:

DROGO wrote:

he could be on a

😯 πŸ˜† Okay now I’m picturing this… cheetos shaped like little bitty knights and princesses. Who doesn’t love fun shaped snackies?
                  I LOVE crunchy Cheetos

Melody
                  Keymaster

Those flaming hot cheetos are phoenix droppings you know.

Melody
                    Keymaster

DROGO wrote:

Melody, now that we have an Old Warrior Dragon, I was wondering if you will ever do a Warrior Dragon in his/her prime? It can be sculpted in a more vigorous mode, getting ready to strike or breath a firebolt, with wings flared out. It can be the protector of the family, the Leonidas(300) or Maximus(Gladiator) of the bunch, the same size as an Old Warrior, who they learned all their fighting skills from. I see the OW drilling them on how to strike with speed and power, and how to achieve maximum flame range and temperature!

Just got to thinking how powerful they would look, because Dragon Master in one of the threads mentioned that the OW would be almost the size of the emperor if he stood up. Would be an awesome dynamic sculpt! I know you’re busy chasing llamas and all, but just something to gnaw away at the back of your mind πŸ˜€I need to do another dragon… I am thinking about it. I know what you mean; a sleek perfect young warrior. I also need to do an an Empress dragon… I’ll get to it someday!
                      Right now I’m kneedeep in feathered things. Literally! They are all over the floor of my workspace.The winged cat, phoenix, flion, winged wolf, lion kirin, the hippogriff and the pegasus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.