fbpx

Warning PLEASE READ

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Warning PLEASE READ

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Well, all for the simple reason ebay OWNS Paypal ๐Ÿ™„ Also it’s a fact that they double dip on all their consumers by charging ebay fees to list items, then charge payment fees to accept the payment for the item they charged a fee to sell in the first place.

I’m sorry you got ripped off hon. I HATE how that company works and they have truly monopolized the market so consumers aren’t left with many options otherwise. Nothing is safe these days.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

BDW
      Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Well, all for the simple reason ebay OWNS Paypal ๐Ÿ™„ Also it’s a fact that they double dip on all their consumers by charging ebay fees to list items, then charge payment fees to accept the payment for the item they charged a fee to sell in the first place.

I’m sorry you got ripped off hon. I HATE how that company works and they have truly monopolized the market so consumers aren’t left with many options otherwise. Nothing is safe these days.
        I also notice that paypal also get more when it comes to currency differences.
        If the canadian dollar closes at .96 when you pay through paypal they value the dollar at .94 So I pay .02 cents more per dollar.

Anonymous

Blackdesertwind wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

If the canadian dollar closes at .96 when you pay through paypal they value the dollar at .94 So I pay .02 cents more per dollar.

Exactly! And if I buy something from someone in Hong Kong or Thailand (etc), I get charged a fee on my end, on my credit card!!

I guess the difference now from having a Personal Account and Premier is, the Premier account can accept credit card payments…. I didn’t realize they were charging everyone their outrageous fees. And double-dipping should be illegal. When a company charges a fee for handling an item, and then another fee for processing the item, and then tells ME I can’t charge a fee for all that I do to sell it, is plain rediculous! It’s just as wrong as people who have two eBay accounts or a friend bidding UP the item they are selling, which happens way too often!

Skigod377
          Participant

Pixie-dust wrote:

I posted this because Pay Pal does not have ANY protection on ANYTHING that is
            not purchased on Ebay, not just Craigslist. I thought that no matter who I sent the money to,
            (Craigslist, forum members, on line, etc ) that if I sent it as regular payment, NOT as personal/gift,
            that my purchases would be covered under their ” buyers protection” but it is not. I know that I took
            a risk with purchasing something off of craigslist but I have never had a problem with someone until
            now. I know many people purchase things off Craigslist and have their item/s shipped to them. Most
            sellers are honest and true. My post is only to make people aware that Pay Pal ONLY gives their
            ” buyers protection ” on purchases through Ebay only. They told me that someday, maybe, they will
            have it on all purchases but not now.

We def appreciate the warning. Me and my hubby learned the hard way. Bought an item on CL via PP and the dirtbag just never sent it. We filed a dispute and of course, nothing. I wish we would have known beforehand.

Pixie-dust
            Participant

That is why I wanted to post this information. I thought that as long as I paid the
              ” correct ” way, ( not personal/gift ) that I would have Pay Pal buyers protection. From now
              on, I know differently. I really hope this warning has made a lot more people aware. ๐Ÿ™‚

WolfenMachine
              Participant

OMG!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I had no idea, Pixie! Thanks for the warning. Thats so lame. I agree with Drag0n. Its ridiculous that if you want to buy anything online, you have to use either paypal or ebay or both. Convienant, but with a heavy cost. I HATE how Ebay and Paypal will bend over backwards to help the buyer who is unhappy, or worse yet, loves the item they bought from you, but pretends they dont like it, and files a dispute, and they get their money back, but the seller has no real protection. AND the sellers pay the fee. I have been requiring a tracking number or delivery confirmation number on everything I send, just so someone I sell to cant say they didnt get it.

Man, Im floored that Paypal got you that way, Pixie.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Yea, I’ve noticed this too. I bought something from the UK and got charged more then I should have for the currency conversion as well. I thought it was correct, but later I got a $2.18 secondary charge

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Wow…And everyone wondered why I used to pay by money order…I had LESS problems when I did I can tell you that. ๐Ÿ˜› I miss when people actually conducted business fairly no matter where you did it. ๐Ÿ™

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.