fbpx

"Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone "Volcano" Keeper – Progress photo #1 – Pg. 46

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 711 total)
  • Author
    bayoudragon
    Participant

omg… she’s gorgeous already! She’s going to be a stunner when she’s done. *swoon*

machineguts
      Participant

Wow. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments everyone, they are incredibly flattering! I’m so happy you are enjoying her progress. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll have more progress pics soon!

machineguts
        Participant

“Skyfire” is complete! ๐Ÿ™‚

This Phoenix is inspired by the vibrant colors found in spring thunderheads at sunset. I airbrushed her main colors in red, magenta, gold and purple. I have tipped her feathers with multiple colors of interference paint, layering each color from a different angle. This gives her feathers a spectrum effect when rotated under light, changing from purple to blue to pink, and even a slight hint of green. She was finished with multiple coats of “magic invisible paint”, a special paint that looks like little sparks of rainbow color. This girl absolutely shimmers! Her rock is dark brown with reddish brown detailing. She has been varnished with a high gloss finish. She has pink lavender glass eyes, and her felt pad is signed and numbered by me.

Note that I’ll be adding outdoor photos of her tomorrow, to better show off her “magic invisible paint”. I was going to take them today but it was raining! >.<

“Skyfire” is for sale on eBay with free shipping! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180555874452&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Anonymous

Skyfire is magnificent – just as a Phoenix should be! Congrats, well done!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Bodine
            Participant

It’s absolutely gorgeous!Good luck with your auction MG.
              I can’t wait to get one to do myself ๐Ÿ™‚

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

machineguts
              Participant

Thanks so much guys, and I can’t wait to see it Mi! ๐Ÿ™‚

machineguts
                Participant

Fabulous job! These phoenix’s look like they’re a lot of fun to paint, I can’t wait!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

What a wonderfully bright bird!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

machineguts
                    Participant

Thank you so much! It’s been cloudy today, I hope the sun comes out long enough so I can get her outdoor photos! You can see her “magic invisible paint” really well in bright light. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kathleen
                      Participant

She is sooooooo beautiful. I wish I had half your talent. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jasmine
                        Participant

Love him. Wish I had the monies. ๐Ÿ™„

machineguts
                          Participant

We finally had another sunny day! Here are a few outdoor photos to show her “magic invisible paint” details. ๐Ÿ™‚

How did you get that glitter in the clear coat like that?This one is awesome Machineguts really awesome!

machineguts
                            Participant

Thanks so much Baloo! It’s an automotive top coat with tiny metallic flakes that reflect rainbow colors.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 711 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.