fbpx

unicorn horn?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

Katherine
      Participant

Is there a way to safely take the PYO unicorn’s horn off and on again? I thought I read somewhere that it could be done, but it didn’t say how. Thanks!

If you very carefully wiggle it, it will come loose. A lot of mine came loose in shipping. You’ll have to scrape the glue out of the hole. However, since some of the horns pegs actually broke, I’d fine a way to leave it on if I were you. It just makes shipping them harder if you decide to sell.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Oi! It all depends on if it’s loose or not. I wouldn’t try it personally… I’m trying to fix a broken unicorn right now and had to remove the damaged horn, and the metal peg/key that keeps the horn in the head broke right off. It’s been a nightmare to try and fix because now the new horn won’t fit in.
          It’s up to you if you want to try it, but never force the horn loose or you may end up with a permanently hornless unicorn (with a hole in the head!).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Katherine
          Participant

Thanks, I don’t think I’ll try it, but I was curious! I was frustrated when I had tried to put the masking fluid on the horn and eyes because I was afraid of putting it near the ridges..in case it didn’t come out. I ended up getting some paint on the eye anyway, so is there a way to protect the whole eye and horn in that way?

ladybrooklyn
            Participant

I’d agree with Nam…

I wouldn’t take the horn off unless it was loose… or already broken…

Once you glue something in a second time it’s never as secure as the first. ๐Ÿ™

The paint on the eye comes off easy. All you have to do when the paint is still wet is take a wet brush and get it off. If it is dry then you can scrape it off with a toothpick or something soft enough that doesn’t scratch the eye.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

dragonessjade wrote:

The paint on the eye comes off easy. All you have to do when the paint is still wet is take a wet brush and get it off. If it is dry then you can scrape it off with a toothpick or something soft enough that doesn’t scratch the eye.

I use my fingernail! Soft enough that it won’t scratch the glass, but enough to scrape paint off. ๐Ÿ™‚

I put the Eye Protect masking fluid all over the horn and eye though, I don’t have a problem with it coming off as long as I use it thick and don’t let it run in behind the eye or under the horn. That way they are safe when I put a finishing spray on. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.