fbpx

Ugh… back… sorta.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Ugh… back… sorta.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Phoenix wrote:

I guess I’m just used to my husband building them. He just buys the pieces and puts it together. Much cheaper that way!

The one person I know who can build computers is in Red Deer… πŸ˜† So I can’t just ask him!

Maria
    Participant

$500 for a laptop? Some things are actually still cheaper in the States! πŸ˜†

Andrea
      Participant

I wonder if Mike could write a pamplet of how to put a computer together. Like the shopping list of components and then instructions on what to plug in where.
        It can’t be that hard, but then again, there’s a reason I say “It’s broke. Fix it” πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
        Participant

You have to be careful of static electricty and other things like that when putting a computer together. My sister-in-law and I fried my old computer’s motherboard just trying to add some RAM. Fortunately the hard drive was intact so my brother added it as a second drive on another computer so I could get my files off of it.

Phoenix wrote:

I guess I’m just used to my husband building them. He just buys the pieces and puts it together. Much cheaper that way!

Mine too πŸ˜† He does the same thing as a side job to earn a bit extra as well. Or we barter his skills in exchange for someone else working on one of our vehicles or or whatever. One friend owns a saddle shop and he keeps their computers in top condition in exchange for equine products. Everybody ins.

Go ahead Click one http://dragcave.net/user/khat7

My new com was built from scratch at a shop in Albuquerque. It was actually $900, but I had to get a new printer too, so yeah. ^^;

Anonymous

Dragon87 wrote:

Phoenix wrote:

The one person I know who can build computers is in Red Deer… πŸ˜† So I can’t just ask him!

I used to do it, but it consumed too much of my time for very little profit. If you sit down and add it up I have actually built over 500 computers in my career. Now I just order them from Dell. πŸ˜†

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.