fbpx

Two Questions

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Two Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

I just saw that the Little Rock Dragon is made of gypsum. So does that mean we’ll be seeing some in the store soon?? Please, please, pretty please??

And I’ve always wondered why sculpts are packed face down. Doesn’t that put a lot of pressure on their noses and necks?? Not to mention their tails (we’ve all seen what a problem that causes for the Emp’s tail. Wouldn’t it be better to pack them face up?? Just curious.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

Emperors are packed face up if I recall

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

John
        Keymaster

We will probably make more Rock Dragons out of straight gypsum for indoor use only but I can’t say as to when.

Pack them face up or face down? Do you really think it’s going to matter when the UPS people are playing football with these things? We drop them from about five feet onto a cement floor on all sides and a corner when we test the packaging.

Pam

When we are packing Windstones, the piece will usually lock into one insert better than the other insert. The insert that the sculpture’s face fits into will almost always have a better “lock” to it. If we packed them with other insert first, the piece would want to shift around, and this would and make it difficult to get the other insert in place. Does that make sense? So it doesn’t really have anything to do with how they are shipped, more to do with how easy it is to pack them.

Jasmine
            Participant

I get it. I love the inserts, they’re so much better than even bubble wrap. I was just curious if there really was a reason behind the packing.

And yes, John… I’ve seen how postal people treat our poor packages. :sick:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.