fbpx

Topic Reply Notifications

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements Topic Reply Notifications

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Anonymous

There have been complaints regarding ‘not receiving watched topic notifications’.

Due to the excessive amount of watched topics in the database, they are not all being processed. This is a direct result from 115 members who have the “watch every topic I post in and notify me of replies” option in their profile.

The forum scripts are granted a specific timeframe to function in (so that one particular script or website doesn’t crash the server) and they cannot scan all 11,887 watched topics everytime someone makes a post.

Watched Topics was never designed to function in this manner – it’s meant for specific topics of interest like a for sale item or a discussion.

You can always see on demand who has replied to your posts by using the “View my posts” link on the main forum page.

As a result, the watched topic list has been blown away like a rooster in a tornado and the ability to automatically watch topics removed.

Now, don’t fret, you can still watch/unwatch topics that you truly want to keep tabs on by using the watch link at the bottom left of every topic.

I have also added the ability to view a list of all your currently watched topics, and manage them from one place by clicking “View watched topics” — located right below “View my posts“.

The caveat is you will have to re-add any desired watched topics to your list. There were way too many to possibly figure out which were genuine.

This will put the system back on track for what it was designed to do, and should restore the notification emails.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.