fbpx

To all that paint PYOs…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone To all that paint PYOs…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

Do you work with a picture of the color scheme you want to use in front of you, or do you just start painting?
        Do you find yourselves constantly thinking about what the next one will look like?
        Do you worry that the PYOs will stop being made?

Oh geesh, I think I’m obsessed!

Skigod377
        Participant

I have a color scheme in mind, but it rarely comes out like I imagine. I am usually thinking about what I will do with my next one, unless the one I am working on is looking really good. I do also worry that they will stop making the PYOs. Thats why im trying to stockpile 😀

Andrea
          Participant

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. Of course that’s how group starts…
            I like the stockpiling idea. I’ll order more Monday!

It’s very expensive for me to stockpile, so I am tankful to be able to sell PYOs I paint on EBAY and thank all of you guys in the forums for that. It also helps me pay medical bills.

I find myself thinking of new paint jobs ALL THE TIME, even before going to sleep at night. I have about a dozen paint themes I want to do in my head right now but I rarely paint with photos unless I need to copy an animal skin or feather pattern…or to paint like a color sample I gave a commissioner using Photoshop or something…but that’s it. I usually arrange my paint choices and go from there. I also want to follow themes, like Earth/Air/Fire/Water for a nice dragon and KiRin set maybe, or whole sets on a single color scheme. I also try to think of what colors would look best with what eyes, and what colors I haven’t seen done yet by others, etc.

Andrea
            Participant

That’s the hard part as well. Using colors not already used by others.
              I tend to like more natural colors and softer hues so it lessens the choices for me. Of course, I’ve only done three, but I am hooked!

Most of the time I just have colors in my head but if those colors don’t look good together then I usually tweak it. I have searched for animals on maybe 2 of the griffins I have painted.

littleironhorse
              Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Thank goodness I’m not the only one. Of course that’s how group starts…
                I like the stockpiling idea. I’ll order more Monday!

Hey! Someone else who likes The Little Prince!

Andrea
                Participant

Yes. I totally love the book. The author told the story so well and it has such great poetry in it.
                  The movie was also done well, though the singing kind of got to me…
                  DH rolls his eyes whenever it comes on. He just doesn’t get it!

littleironhorse
                  Participant

Rolls his eyes at the Little Prince! SACRILEGE!

Oh well, can’t please everybody. But I do love it soo much. I think I’m going to have to buy the book again (I sold my chilhood copy).

Andrea
                    Participant

Amazon had a boxed edition that was very nice and not too expensive, but the little paperback is better for just reading over and over and over again.

Maria
                      Participant

I have a thousand color schemes floating around in my head and no time for any of them. So far I’ve never used much reference on my pieces – I copied some of drag0n’s designs with her permission, but that’s it. Of course, I’m more into wild colors, so I can let my imagination run free. But now I have a bunch of hummingbird colorings I want to do…
                        I’ve never thought about them stopping PYO production. That would be awful!

Arlla
                        Participant

1. If there’s a picture that inspires me, or I’m doing a portrait, I work from a picture. Otherwise I just start painting.

2. Yes.

3. Yes. But only the paranoid part of me. I think Windstone knows this is a winner!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                          -J R R Tolkien

frozendragon
                          Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Do you work with a picture of the color scheme you want to use in front of you, or do you just start painting?
                            Do you find yourselves constantly thinking about what the next one will look like?
                            Do you worry that the PYOs will stop being made?

Oh geesh, I think I’m obsessed!

I paint what’s in my head…no pictures…just start painting..

I only think about the next one when I’m ready to paint….unless someone asks for something specific…then I think how I’ll do it…and change it

I don’t worry that they’ll stop being made…if Melody wants to stop she wants to stop…it will just make what everyone’s done worth a little more…

I have a thousand different colours, patterns, etc. I like natural looking PYO’s as well as fantasy type things. They rarely come out looking like I was hopeing they will. I have the same problem with canvas. I’m better at sculpting fur. I see a dog (in good condition) and I see a thousand and one things to do with it. But a PYO…At least I’m not hampered by conditions and worry about the owners ability to handle the coat, with these.

I just don’t have time. If I had my way I would be painting all day instead of sitting in front of a computer. Plus I hate buying paint. My favorite store for paint is in Guelph. I don’t have a car, so I have to order on line. The colours on my computer screen are so very different to what actually comes through the door. Very frustrating.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.