fbpx

This weekend..

Home Forums Miscellany Community This weekend..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Katherine
    Participant

Katherine
      Participant

Ugh, I hve been feeling HORRIBLE this weekend. First of all, I can’t see straight. I don’t know what’s wrong, but it’s hard for me to read anything so I am wondering how I am going to do my homework. I can’t see the TV very well and I can’t really drive. I hope this gets better by tomorrow. On top of that, the eyesight problems gave me a headache. It has been consistant since 5:00 yesterday, and it hurts when I cough or sit up or anything. I pretty much went to bed at 6:00pm last night to make my head recover away from noises or light. I was also really nasious last night too. Since I couldn’t drive, I couldn’t get anything very nutritious to eat and KC was at work, so that caused me to become very tired and weak. When KC did come home, he brought me a salad, but I didn’t keep that down very well. I tried to keep it down as long as I could because I knew my body needed the nutrients, plus I had just taken my prenatal vitamins so that was another reason to not throw up. I did anyway, and it hurt. I was able to go to bed and stay asleep after that, and I feel much better today, although my eyesight is all screwed up still, and my head still hurts.
        And I feel bad because since I have been sick a lot, I have pretty much been a recluse because when I am sick, I just want to be left in peace. I can’t even enjoy the weather today, and smells still bother me. It’s weird because air freshener smells bother me the most, along with the smell of my dogs. You know, that regualr doggy smell. They have relized that I don’t like them to be around me, so I feel bad about that too. I still try to pet them to let them know I still love them.
        I will stop now before my bickering gets annoying, and if there are a lot of typing errors it’s because I can’t read them to correct them, so I hope it’s not too bad.
        I know I haven’t been on for a while, but I do post every once in a great while, and I browse the forums to see how you all are doing.

Skigod377
        Participant

I hope you get to feeling better. The nausea will pass and is perfectly normal. Not sure about the eyesite problems. That is kinda odd. Im sorry you are feeling like crap. ๐Ÿ™ The pills did that to me.

I think you should call your doctor and have him check you out. While the nausea is more or less normal, the blurred vision is not.

Keep us updated and I hope you feel better soon.

Kyrin

Pegasi1978
          Participant

Some eyesight change is normal during pregnancy, but probably not to this extreme. That’s why they actually don’t recommend you have your eyes checked when you are pregnant. After you have the baby your eyesight *should* go back to about what it was before you got pregnant.

Heather
            Participant

It almost sounds like you’re having a migraine, or something similar. And a massive blood sugar crash is probably part of why you’re so nauseous. Try a little protein and fruit; maybe an apple and some cheese. I don’t like the vision changes, though. Can you phone your doctor and ask them for advice? This sound like something that should be checked out.

Katherine
              Participant

Well, I am doing much better, It seems like my eyesite has returned pretty much back to normal. It was just hard to focus on things. I wonder if I did have a migrane? I read that eyesite problems is normal during pregnancy. It’s funny because I am one to never get sick, and I think I have been more sick during the last month than I have in my entire adult life!

Jodi
                Participant

Eyesight problems also occur during migraines. That’s what it sounded like to me since you were also sensitive to sounds and light.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so sick. That should pass soon too, I would think.

During and after pregnancy, I would get optical migranes (for me it was a combination of stress & lack of caffeine, as I gave it up). My optometrist told me to drink a cup of coffee (which I did w/the second pregnancy, but not at all in the first). One midwife said lattes were good, another said to gut it out & don’t drink coffee. But chances are, whether yours are migranes or optical migranes, your body is telling you that you’re doing too much and you need to relax a bit more. Pay attention, even if it feels like you can’t slow down or cut back, you need to. ๐Ÿ™‚

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

eaglefeather831 wrote:

Well, I am doing much better, It seems like my eyesite has returned pretty much back to normal. It was just hard to focus on things. I wonder if I did have a migrane? I read that eyesite problems is normal during pregnancy. It’s funny because I am one to never get sick, and I think I have been more sick during the last month than I have in my entire adult life!

Sweetie, I think you did experience a mild migraine…Like Emerald said, the comon factors of them are Light and Sound sensitivity, nausia/vomiting (which probably wasn’t helped by the whole pregnancy thing) blured vision and of course the pounding throbbing bucket of mush that was your brain ๐Ÿ˜† Glad to hear you’re feeling better tho! And hope that you don’t get any more episodes like that. I would still check it out with your Doc just to be safe though.

Maria
                    Participant

Eaglefeather, this may sound odd, but I’d like to thank you for sharing your experiences. One of these days, hopefully, I’ll have kids, and it’ll be helpful to have observed other people in the same situation first.

Glad you are feeling better and that it went away.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.