fbpx

This snow is a little absurd

Home Forums Miscellany Community This snow is a little absurd

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

It’s sort of hard to imagine this much snow in only two days time. Even for us hardened snowfolk!

Here’s some photos. (they are not my photos!)

“Time to clean the snow off the car…. oh, dang”

These are houses.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

siberakh1
      Participant

Yeah, that is a year’s worth of snow, even for the Buffalo area, in just a few days. Crazy winter weather! Hopefully people are able to get their roofs cleared (that’s a lot of snow to have on them, especially the more flat roofs… at least it is the light fluffy powder, or it could be a lot worse!) and everyone helps each other out. Did you have any thunder snow?

I know some ski places that would love this right about now. They’d be all set for the rest of the rest of the winter.

I would be enjoying this much snow if I had it, and I wasn’t so busy so I could actually shovel/snow blow it. My dog loves snow, but I think he would turn back inside at that amount!

Prezaurian
        Participant

Are you going to be okay Jennifer? That’s pretty bad and the melt news is just a rotten cherry on top.

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Are you going to be okay Jennifer? That’s pretty bad and the melt news is just a rotten cherry on top.

Yes, the zainy thing with this type of snow is that it can drop feet and feet on one location, and just a mile or two away from the ‘band’ of clouds, you can have very little snow. We only have 8-10 inches here and are just fine, but it is impossible to travel northbound. I regret that I will likely not be able to fly out to my engagement in California tomorrow!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Yeah, that is a year’s worth of snow, even for the Buffalo area, in just a few days. Crazy winter weather! Hopefully people are able to get their roofs cleared (that’s a lot of snow to have on them, especially the more flat roofs… at least it is the light fluffy powder, or it could be a lot worse!) and everyone helps each other out. Did you have any thunder snow?

I know some ski places that would love this right about now. They’d be all set for the rest of the rest of the winter.

I would be enjoying this much snow if I had it, and I wasn’t so busy so I could actually shovel/snow blow it. My dog loves snow, but I think he would turn back inside at that amount!

It is very, very heavy wet compacted snow here. A lot of roofs are caving in. People are really struggling to clear it off.

I like snow but when it is over my head, it’s too much. It really wipes out wildlife too, which can not move around to eat. The only good news for the wildlife is that much of it should have melted back down in a week’s time. If it melts much then gets a hard ‘crust’ on top due to cold temperatures again, though, that causes high wildlife mortality via starvation. Most wildlife find a hard crust on top of a snow layer impossible to break through to feed enough.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.