fbpx

These don't look quite right…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone These don't look quite right…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Zelda
    Participant

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Zelda
      Participant

Here’s a pair of hatching dragons that look similar to the few adult sculpts bearing paint jobs and details close to the peacock color. Don’t they look a little too much like a hatching empress dragon to you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-2-SAPPHIRE-Blue-DRAGON-Egg-Hatchlings-STATUES_W0QQitemZ190154726290QQihZ009QQcategoryZ86929QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

dragonmedley
        Participant

I’m not sure… On one hand, I would say it was inspired by the hatching empress, yet you can’t possibly mistake it for a Windstone.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Go ahead and send them to John (john AT windstoneeditions.com). The colorations, general pose, and gold detailing all combined may be enough of a problem- this is the same company (not the seller, but whoever manufactures these dragons) that does the other ones that look very similar to Windstone.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Though never mistaken for a Windstone, I think theyve taken their Windstone inspiration too far and I find to to be breaching the “rip off, plagiarized” barrier.

Other than Windstone, I personally havent seen hatching dragons. Windstone is a big “egg” company and it’s rare I see eggs and hatching stuff else where.

Brian
            Participant

I think if a friend saw that in a store they would call me. It looks a little to close to me.

Bob

I looked at them last night and they looked close enough to me also

The heads may have been taken from their other sculpts, but the claws on the eggs made me think Windstone.

Maria
                Participant

We’ve seen similar dragons a lot, but I think these articular two hatchers are new. 👿

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Just the fact that so many of you see the substantial similarities is a blow against the manufacturers of these dragons.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

darjeb
                    Participant

I noticed those the other day but didn’t think anyone would mistake them for Windstones.

I dont mistake them for Windstones (these are ugly). They look like Summit Collection dragons that were overly inspired and ripped off to look like the Hatching Emp and Empress peacock Windstones. I mean really… look at how the paw/leg is curled. Hello! Empress!

Imitation may be the best form of flattery, however, this is taking it to a level that deserves retaliation and major slap on the wrist, if not more.

I saw a dragon similar to those at the thrift store today. It had a small clock attached to it, but it was definitely made by the same company that made those. It even had a purple/blue jewel on its forehead.

oh ick! they did hatchers now!! I hate that company!

Aldana
                      Participant
                      Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.