fbpx

The Zen Of Camping- I'M HOME!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community The Zen Of Camping- I'M HOME!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Just take a moment to breathe a cool, pine-scented deep breath… Ahhhh….. Good?
    Going camping on saturday and leaving at 4:30 in the morning(to watch the sunrise cause who needs sleep??) and there’s just something awesome about swimming in ice water, waking up in a tent to water on the roof and birdsong, watching the middle of a fire, enjoying the sightseeing, and sitting in a chair or sleeping bag all day because, frankly, you don’t have anywhere to be. You can think, you can truly breathe, and enjoy it all. I love it because its YOSEMITE!! So, the amazing view will get even better because instead of going in summer (stepdad’s surgery delayed it) we’re going right in the middle of fall, where every animal could be seen, every leaf changing to brilliant shades of gold, orange, and red, and hopefully not see as many bugs (giant beetles dive-bombing over your head could literally scare the ____ out of you). Sure, we’ll fight about where the our tent is going, which way is the fastest, and stress because the bag with the sunblock, bug spray and medical kit is remarkably sitting on top of the kitchen table 200 miles away on the first day, but after that, life isn’t good, its AMAZING!! And coming from a dry desert where everything (including people) is fake, and where some people still believe if you planted a whole bunch of different vegetable seeds in one hole it will grow a pre-cut salad (I am dead serious.), it’s even better. So go ahead, relax…

Apari
    Participant

OMG i’m soo jealous! Thats the most beautiful place i’ve ever seen.with my own eyes
      I’ve actually been there twice, both times we took part of the John Muir trail from the valley floor… ALL the way to the top of half dome. The hike is 18 miles round trip with a 5,000ft elevation gain! I couldn’t walk the next morning. πŸ˜†
      The last time i went was June 2008 and when we got to the top, it was lightly snowing. The view from almost 1 mile up is amazing! I’ll have to post pics from the top.
      If i ever get married probably won’t lol this is where I want to take my wife on our honeymoon. Hehe πŸ˜€
      Not to link anything below with the above statement… Are you planning on hiking at all?

Adaneth
      Participant

My one visit to Yosemite (so far) was in the autumn, and it was a real treat. I hope you have a wonderful time! πŸ™‚

Anonymous

DragonCat, that was wonderfully written!!!!

And I hope that every dream you have of your visit awaits you full-force!

BE GONE :::waves majick wand above your head::::

{{{{{{{POOOOOF}}}}}}}}

twindragonsmum
          Participant

Boy did you just give me a nasty case of homesickness… Yosemite is where I learned to build a camp fire, set up a tent and cook over an open fire. It was where we explored the Indian caves, waded in freezing cold crystal clear water and learned to frame a shot like Ansel Adams. It’s where I first learned that rocks were gorgeous and that geology was a fascinating phenomena and it’s where we saw the fire falls on El Capitan…

Yosemite was my backyard and while we have some beautiful scenery here in Idaho, it will never compare to Yosemite. Have a wonderful time and enjoy God’s Art Work!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Apari
            Participant

This is me (In the red hat pointing saying “omg! We’re actually going to climb that!”) 😈 My brother (left) and 2 cousins.

And this is on the way down from the top.

You need to make it to the top DragonC! It’s pretty cool. You and your family have a fun and safe trip. :yes:
              Sorry to hijack your topic!

darjeb
              Participant

I visited Yosemite once in December and it was COLD but beautiful

Oh, wow. Camping was AWESOME!! πŸ˜€ Turns out we got there on Nat’l Parks Appreciation Day, so entrance was free (almost, we gave a $10 donation that supposedly went straight to the park). It was colorful with the fall season, daytime weather was bearable (instead of sweltering), there weren’t as many people, we went up to Bridalveil (which was roaring!), walked the valley floor trails, and nights were just a tad colder than summer usually is. And because we stayed in Wawona, they had one of the campground loops shut down for the fall season (frozen pipes or something…) so even that was almost deserted. There were a few setbacks: Yosemite falls was dry still, there was a ton of construction for the main road (even put some guardrails), we moved camp once because of the loop shutdown, the river water was freezing, got a really bad headache coming down from Glacier Point, there weren’t very many animals, and it turns out I had an infected toenail that my mom (she was a med. assisstant) had to fix (THAT KILLED ME). But with everything, it was still great. πŸ™‚ I’m actually going to put my pics in a couple of threads later, because I don’t have the time now. And I took a lot of pics… 😳 So anyway, hi!!!

Apari
                Participant

Welcome back DC! Glad it was an enjoyable trip for you. πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.