fbpx

The Trio

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

I just finished my last kirin. I love these little things!
        The Zerin was a lot of work to make the stripes subtle enough but to make them look like stripes. The light brown one gradiates up to the mane. I thought of this idea over my vanilla ice cream that had chocolate swirls in it. Then the last one was my very first painted kirin.

Input is appreciated! DH says to Ebay them, so they’ll go up in a day or two.

Maria
        Participant

They are so cute! I love the striped tails. But my favorite remains the bumble bee. πŸ˜€

Andrea
          Participant

Mine too! DH wants me to put him up, but I can’t do it yet! He will be the leader of the herd!

Skigod377
            Participant

I love the black/white one with the pink!

Andrea
              Participant

I was hoping he wouldn’t look too much like your Zirin. I really wanted to do blue, but that would have been to similar. But I like the red too.
                Thank you!

Maria
                Participant

I’ll watch them on E-Bay, Phoenix. I’m curious what they’ll go for.

Andrea
                  Participant

Do you all think I should antique the Sundae one? I kind of liked the angelic white iridecent scales, but looking at the pics, she seems a little plain.

Andrea
                    Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I’ll watch them on E-Bay, Phoenix. I’m curious what they’ll go for.

I’ll be happy if they pay for themselves! Though of course more is always appreciated!

Maria
                      Participant

Hm, that’s a tough one. Maybe using a very very light brown would be best?

Lokie
                        Participant

May I ask a question that I’m expecting to get lots of “duh”s from, who is DH?

As for the Kirins, my favorite is the yellow/brown one. The others are nice too, the stripey tails are cute πŸ™‚

If you are not sure whether to antique the scales on the middle one or not, wait till the paint on it is really, really dry and test out some light brown (or the ligher color in its fur? Or some other color of your choosing) antiquing on some of the scales. If you don’t like how it looks, just wash it off.

Skigod377
                          Participant

Lokie wrote:

DH=dear husband. And the only reason I know is because I asked in another thread πŸ˜†

Oh so nice. I like them all. Alas no money no kirins. I’ll have to order a kirin sometime and paint one for myself.

Andrea
                            Participant

Thanks! If you buy one to paint yourself, buy three at least. That way you don’t have to wait for the shipping when you reorder πŸ˜†

Lokie
                              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Lokie wrote:

DH=dear husband. And the only reason I know is because I asked in another thread πŸ˜†

Ty Ski. I’m now catching up on my reading and I just noticed your question in the Hey Ski! thread πŸ˜† That was a new one for me πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.