fbpx

The Tale of the Peacock Old Warrior (dumb dumb dumb)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone The Tale of the Peacock Old Warrior (dumb dumb dumb)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

and decide that yesterday I was going to go in search of my peacock OW. I looked in the 3 stores I knew carried them, a couple I though should or did carry them all to no avail πŸ™ . I found the one store that had one THE DAY BEFORE *bangs head on wall*. This is one of those glow stuff, cheap sword, tacky stuff type store. They had a few retired pieces and they didnt even know that the peacock was retired. But they had an emerald lap, riser and sitting spectrals, and and emperor. A rainbow emp, a sad lap with a chipped nose, all large pieces though.

So I go to the next store which is an upscale gift type store they had a few pieces, including the gold mother and the EP mother and father(very nice in person BTW). She was trying to tell me how peacock was retired and the emerald turquois was the new color, uhhh huh. But had nothing I wanted either. So my search continued.

And the last store, keeping in mind I started in phase 1 of the worlds largest shopping mall and have now walked the 3 miles to phase 3, and the store is missing 😯 . OH I remember that it is downstairs, not upstaired πŸ™„ . So in I go and look through the glass cases, again an upscale gift store, and find nothing, not one little (or big) dragon. My friend was buying something so I go up to the counter where I find the claw card holder AHH HAAA proof of them πŸ˜€ *dances for joy*. My friend then points one out, guess we know how well I looked now. So they had a peacock scratcher but no OW πŸ˜₯ . But I look and find a peacock hatchling need him, got him. Behind him was the young oriental AWWW so cute got him too. I was set to walk away then I spot the young white uni and stop to look. And what do my wonderous eyes find but one gothic unicorn asking to come home with me, so he did, and that is my Tale of the Peacock Old Warrior (dumb dumb dumb).

One peacock hatching dragon $50.00
    One peacock young oriental dragon $100.00
    One windstone gothic unicorn mint in box $100.00
    Having a wonderful Windstone collection…Priceless.
    (Thanks Mastercard…and Melody)

Just so everyone knows those are Canadian prices as well, I got a heck of a deal on the gothic uni πŸ˜€ .

dragonmedley
    Participant

Did they have an extra peacock young oriental? If that’s the case, can you get it for me?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Skigod377
      Participant

Haha! Funny story! Gosh how I want to go browse for Windstones… Lucky! And you got a great deal on the uni. I didnt know the hatchings were so pricey, though!

dragonmedley wrote:

Did they have an extra peacock young oriental? If that’s the case, can you get it for me?

Sorry DM they only had the one, heck they only had 4 in the whole store, well now they have one left, maybe they will re order now, LOL.

Wait, if the prices were in Canadian, are the stores then in Canada? WHERE?! LOL

Maria
        Participant

You got a great deal on the gothic unicorn, Ruff. That store with the emerald sitting spectral – how much do they want for him?

littleironhorse
          Participant

sunhawk wrote:

Wait, if the prices were in Canadian, are the stores then in Canada? WHERE?! LOL

You and me both are out of luck Sunhawk! Most of them are out west! πŸ˜₯

I only know of 2 withing driving distance of Montreal (and I don’t have a car). There are 2 in Ottawa, although one of them isn’t listed on the Dealers page so maybe he doesn’t carry anymore? I don’t know of any in Toronto at all.

I thinks the mall Ruffian is refering to is West Edmonton Mall?

Arlla
            Participant

Did you say there was a store with emeralds left in it?? Did you catch any prices??

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

Patricia
              Participant

An emerald Lap? Whooo, did you catch the price?

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

I didnt catch any prices really, sorry guys, except the 399.99 on the emerald emp. At least I think that is what he said, the rpice was pretty faded.

Anonymous

ruffian wrote:

So I go to the next store which is an upscale gift type store … the store is missing 😯 . OH I remember that it is downstairs, not upstaired πŸ™„

Hey Ruffian, guess what, you’re not the only one who missed buying the Peacock OW at Donna Rose either. πŸ‘Ώ

Millenium sucks too. They had it, and I wanted to buy it, and then found out it was chipped to hell. Looks like they sold it to someone after all.

Lokie
                  Participant

Weird that it is such a huge mall and they still have retired and hard to find Windstone pieces on there shelves. I can’t even find retired pieces in the obscure, little shops around here, let alone the more prominent ones (well, lol, one).

You give me hope that I might one day find a place that has some πŸ™‚ Congrats on your find.

Arlla
                    Participant

Say, ruff, could you tell me the name of the store that had the emeralds and where it was so I can look them up and give them a call? πŸ˜‰

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

Patricia
                      Participant

Arlla wrote:

Say, ruff, could you tell me the name of the store that had the emeralds and where it was so I can look them up and give them a call? πŸ˜‰

Yes, please let us know.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.