fbpx

The squeel heard round the world!

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone The squeel heard round the world!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

OMG I can’t belive it! I finally bought a peacock old warrior! Blazedragon79 pointed me in the direction of a shop that had one and when I called HE WAS STILL THERE!!! Let me break down my day of hunting for you (if you don’t mind reading my long babble, if you do scroll down to the cliff notes at the end)……

I had to work yesterday so I knew it would be hard trying to contact the store since I’m not guaranteed time to talk on the phone. The store is in California and I’m in Maryland so its a long distance call which means I have to use my cell phone. Now my station is located in the black hole of Baltimore County where no cell phones get reception.

So I had my day all planned out to start calling at noon my time since I had no clue what time the store opened. We had already started the day off with two calls before noon so I’m like “oh no I’m gonna run my butt off today and never be able to call them”. So about 10 minutes till noon, cell phone in hand I’m ready to start calling and BANG we get another call for a car accident up the street. Now its pouring down rain and I’m thinking great! Up the street we go and I can’t call the store πŸ˜₯ .

I’m thinking its ok I can call them after we get to the hospital and offload this patient who lucky wasn’t seriously injured. We get to the hospital and I give report to the nurse and run out to the er entrance to make my phone call. No Answer! Boo! Well I’ll just keep calling while my partner drives the medic back to the station so we can eat our lunch. He goes to start the medic and it wont start?!? WTH! I tried to talk nice to her, tell her I promise not to run emergency to calls and things like that but she wasn’t having any of it.

Sooooo we call the shop and they are sending a guy down to see if he can get our medic to start. Great I’m starving and all I can think about is this dragon. My partner who works at the hospital part time knows where the cafeteria is and runs off to grab us something to eat so now I’m on my cell trying to call this store and I have to listen to his radio and my radio all at the same time. He comes back, we eat, shop man shows up and hot shots our medic but we have to head up to the shop because our alternator is dead and we need a new one.

So again I make my partner drive because I WANT THIS DRAGON! WHY won’t the store open and answer my phone call already?! We make it to the shop and FINALLY someone answers the phone! I’m like “OMG you guys have a windstone dragon I’m looking for” and I tell the lady right where he is located in the store. Blaze had told me he was in the window and the lady on the phone didn’t know what an old warrior was. So she says oh yes we have him, he is $198 and he is beautiful. I tell her I want the dragon can you ship him to me? She tells me I dont’ think we ship so I have to call the store owner. WHAT! I don’t care what it will cost me to ship him, I WANT HIM. She tells me she will call me back and let me know.

Sooo now I’m upset, I know where my dragon is but I may not be able to get him. Meanwhile I’m still at the shop and they can’t seem to fix my medic which means we will have to change over to another medic unit and I’m supposed to get off in an hour. After pleading with the shop men they did manage to fix the medic and we were on our way. We get back to the station and my relief was there so I got changed into street clothes since everyone was going to the bar after work. The whole time I’m waiting for this lady to call me back.

After four hours of waiting I call her back and she says she is till waiting on the owner to call her. I hang up the phone and continue to party with my friends from work then realize I’m supposed to meet my friend Krissy so I get up to leave. When I get to my car I turn the key and…….nothing? Oh now what? My battery seems to be dead and I don’t have my jumper cables. SO I go back inside and ask the guys if they can help me start my car. Now I have 5 drunken firefighters all looking under my hood. Turns out my power cable from the battery came lose but I don’t have any tools to fix it with me. I don’t know what the guys did to fix it but they did.

Now my phone is ringing and I’m thining its Krissy wanting to know where I am. I look down and its the shop in Californias number! OMG! I answer the phone and the very nice lady on the other ends says “we can ship that dragon for you but it might be around $20 to do it” SQUEEL!!! I don’t care here’s my charge card, LOL. SO now my beautiful peacock old warrior is finally on his way home. I’ve already picked a name out for him thanks to Blazedragon79 πŸ™‚

Cliffnotes: Found a shop with my dragon but they don’t think they ship. Have a horrible day at work with everything breaking down while waiting for the shop to call me back. Hours later they do and can ship him to me. I die a happy person!

Laurie
      Participant

Purplecat
        Participant

Congrats!! Post pics when he gets home!! Again, congrats!!

Skigod377
          Participant

Congrats on getting your dragon!! I had been waiting for a store to call me back for a rainbow emp, but they never did. Glad your story had a happy ending!

On a side note…. I read ‘partying’ not ‘drinking’ so I will not assume…but I hope you dont drink and drive. Ok, enough mothering. πŸ™‚

Jodi
            Participant

Great story! I love happy endings. I especially like that you Cliffnoted it. πŸ˜€ I’m so glad you found the Peacock OW and it’s on its way to you. Congrats!

Laurie
              Participant

I don’t drink and drive thats why I said party and not drinking. I had an uncle that used to do that stupid stuff so yeah there is no way I ever would. All I had was two 7-ups and a bowl of Marlyand crab soup Mmmmmmmmmm. I will post pics when he gets here. I should be getting my male emerald peacock any day now and I have a package of pyo’s that should be here next week. OMG I think I’ve spent too much lol.

Skigod377
                Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

OMG I think I’ve spent too much lol.

Never say so! πŸ˜‰

Congrats on all your buys!

I wondered what that noise was coming accross the pond!

Starbreeze
                  Participant

Congrats!!! I this this calls for more partying!!!! πŸ˜€

Bob

what a GREAT spending spree

Maria
                      Participant

Way to go, purpledoggy! I’m so glad you finally got your peacock OW! πŸ˜€

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

Congrats, purple doggy! Ya, I did hear a shrill noise yesterday…I thought it was the neighbor’s kids πŸ˜‰ I’m so happy for you! I had to do a lot of calling around to find mine as well (although thankfully not quite as much) so I feel your pain hehe πŸ™‚ Can’t wait to see pictures!

(and man, that soup sounds good…keep trying to convince my mother and friends who have money that I need to go to the East Coast/Chesapeak Bay Area and eat buckets ‘o Seafood for my birthday next week…don’t think they’re buying into it though :()

Patricia
                          Participant

Congratulations on your find! I’m glad you were finally able to find him!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

wolflodge100
                            Participant

congrats! It’s nice when you get a happy ending to a search! πŸ˜€

I forgot to say well done! I nearly fell off my yacht πŸ™„

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.