fbpx

The role of the masculine?

Home Forums Administration Ask Maya The role of the masculine?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Maya..

In looking and holding the beautiful forms you create, I am struck by how deeply you manage to embody the feminine energy of smoothness, openess, and receptivity.

I was wondering how you would show masculine energy? Seems that a strong masculine energy would be complimentary to your obvious feminine wisdom.

Are there forms of the Masculine Spirit? And how would they look and feel?

Also, I can see your work being quite moving in garden settings. Are any of your peices available in Garden size?

Skigod377
    Participant

Ooh, great question. I would like to know about mens forms, too, please.

dragonmedley
      Participant

I second the garden option!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Maria
        Participant

Not to butt in on Maya’s answer, but I actually saw one or two sculpts at the factory that were intended for outside. If I remember right, John said they had the same problem with those as with the SKs – too heavy.

Elena
          Participant

ooo garden stuff!!! A large one like “sisterhood” but with male and female…..

I’d think that Maya’s stuff would be easy to hollow with it not having the neck and wings that Melody’s stuff

Participant

foxfeather wrote:

ooo garden stuff!!! A large one like “sisterhood” but with male and female…..

Or even a candle lamp would be cool!

Great question,

I have been working on a male/ female candle lamp for a very long time. It is greatly puzzling to me that I don’t like much of what emerges out of that work. Most of them look like one or the other version of a wedding cake ornament and they just feel tacky to me. Two people relating is a great theme and in my latest approach I have the two working together relating to and tending to the candle light. I think that works. In my deeper artistic being I see relationship as serving life, together in synergy, in a stronger way. Check out my journey stone “SYNERGY”.

There is no question, I very much like the male body. It is the one reason I watch sports once in a while (the sports where the guys ware the least close of course.)

My work is mostly symbolic. A healthy person has to have a well developed male and female aspect to their being. My female figurines have much of their strength and their beauty through the male quality. What would “FORMS OF THE MASCULINE SPIRIT” look like? That is very good question. I’ll think about it and will come back to answer that.

Garden sculptures have to wait until Windstone has moved the factory to Oregon.

John
              Keymaster

Maya Hill wrote:

There is no question, I very much like the male body. It is the one reason I watch sports once in a while (the sports where the guys ware the least close of course.)

Like Sumo wrestlers?

lamortefille
                Participant

😆

Basketball players do it for me. 😆

dragonmedley
                  Participant

John wrote:

Maya Hill wrote:

Like Sumo wrestlers?

😆 😆 😆

That was good.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Starbreeze
                    Participant

John doesn’t say much, but when he does, watch out!!!! 😆

Are you saying that when I seek out the deep feminine in it’s truest nature…
                      should go to HOOTERS? Perhaps your feminine scupltures could go in that direction!

Or perhaps a deeper and broader appreciation of the masculine could be discussed. The deep masculine of Martin Luther King or Ghandi. A father taking responsibility or a man striving for excellence. Surely, it can’t all just be about
                      physique?

John
                      Keymaster

Richard Winters wrote:

Are you saying that when I seek out the deep feminine in it’s truest nature..I should go to HOOTERS? Perhaps your feminine scupltures could go in that direction!

Or perhaps a deeper and broader appreciation of the masculine could be discussed. The deep masculine of Martin Luther King or Ghandi. A father taking responsibility or a man striving for excellence. Surely, it can’t all just be about physique?

I just heard on the radio last week of a study that showed that it actually is all about physique. DUH!

(Maya’s gonna clobber me for this)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.