fbpx

The Most Popular Colors list

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody The Most Popular Colors list

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Pam

I have been trying to keep a mental list of all the most popular, simple test paint colors of all time, which have not been made LP or production. Any other suggestions are welcome, I have probably forgotten some.

Dragons: serpentine, blue ice, black emerald, barn swallow, rainbow glitter, violet flame, opoponax, sand, pink ; flame/blue violet flame/copper mauve?, green sunset?, blue flame?
      Oriental Dragons: white, turquoise/pearl turquoise ; pink fawn?, sugar plum?
      Kirins: black fire, black violet, snow ; blue fawn?, rainbow glitter?
      Pegasi & Unicorns: palomino, buckskin, przewalskis, black grand uni
      Gothic Unicorns: dun?
      Flapcats: grey/blue, abyssinian, blue point siamese, flame point siamese, solid black ; solid white?

Also let me know if you don’t agree with something that is already on this list.

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

Great idea Pam! List looks good to me.

Bodine
        Participant

I love the Toasted Pearl.I think a Fledgling and a Lap would be marvelous in those colors.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Adaneth
          Participant

For simple color schemes that does seem pretty exhaustive. 🙂

Rachel
            Participant

It would be easier to be able to see the options. It would also be easier to know what’s “simple” and what’s not. That being said, I definitely agree with serpentine and blue ice for dragons. I’m probably the only person on the forums that has a strong aversion to barn swallow, even though I love rainbow (a lot of people compare it to that) and barn swallows.

Pam

It would be easier to be able to see the options. It would also be easier to know what’s “simple” and what’s not. That being said, I definitely agree with serpentine and blue ice for dragons. I’m probably the only person on the forums that has a strong aversion to barn swallow, even though I love rainbow (a lot of people compare it to that) and barn swallows.

A simple color scheme is anything that is not covered in stripes, or which does not involve a dozen different colors or a gazillion hand-painted details (no appaloosas, tigers, quaggas, ocellated turkeys, etc). Something like chestnut kirins would probably be possible, but it would have to omit most of the hand-painted koi markings on the scales.
                The options are, anything ever put on ebay, except Limited Edition colors and Artist Editions. So, mostly I am just seeing if there are any other old test paints that people can remember, that were extremely popular. Stuff like toasted pearl or sand has already been made LP, but only on curlies so far…

Carolyn
                Participant

Black flap cat with beautiful wings and orange or red eyes . A Halloween cat .

scenceable
                  Participant

For dragons pink should be an option!

I like the turquoise colour, and snow for kirins, and palomino orrrr “sand” (turquoise highlights on the wings) pegasi.

Pam

I added pink to the dragons. There was a shell pink oriental also, but he didn’t get much attention when he was listed.

Tinks
                      Participant

Sand, Barn Swallow and Pink!

Hannah
                        Participant

I added pink to the dragons. There was a shell pink oriental also, but he didn’t get much attention when he was listed.

WHAT? how long ago was this?

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

scenceable
                          Participant

Shell pink came up I think the week after or the week before turquoise. Actually he might have been sandwiched between turquoise pearl and regular ol’ turquoise. I LOVED that oriental though, favourite for sure. <3

Pam

WHAT? how long ago was this?

Sometime around June I think. He is in the ebay gallery. Sold for 200-something.

scenceable
                              Participant

I though shell pink went for $405. Maybe I’m thinking of a different one.

Wampus Dragon
                                Participant

I have the shell pink oriental. He is lovely and I would LOVE to see more shell pink anything! Turquoise too.

OH Pam! Lavender Pearl for the orientals list?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.