fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,228 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Yes, Back surgery for a disc is no fun – and I’m sure you also helped your husband along. I’ve been there too when my Hubby had back surgery in 1993.
      Good Luck to him! I’m sure he is glad to be back at work. ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kelsey
      Participant

Oh those first few days were horrible! Since he could do nothing but lie on his stomach he couldn’t get to the restroom by himself he couldn’t feed himself he couldn’t do anything. It was so scary wondering if this was going to be permanent. But once the hospital gave him some pain pills he started to be able to move around enough to function here at home at least the bare minimum things.

Ciarnet
        Participant

Surgery yesterday went perfectly! The doctor called it as by the book as she had ever seen. One night in the hospital and I am already home today and able to walk around. Besides having my first hot flash, this hasn’t been anything like I expected! All the well wishes and thoughts went a long way. Time to enjoy to recovery time with a loving husband.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Surgery yesterday went perfectly! The doctor called it as by the book as she had ever seen. One night in the hospital and I am already home today and able to walk around. Besides having my first hot flash, this hasn’t been anything like I expected! All the well wishes and thoughts went a long way. Time to enjoy to recovery time with a loving husband.

So glad everything went well! Now just concentrate on your recovery! ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Natasha
            Participant

Yay! Glad you’re back home and on the road to recovery!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
              ANY Red Eyed Unis
              ANY Test Paint Bat
              UNIS:
              The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
              Male- Snow Leopard TP
              White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
              Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
              Mother: Okapi
              Gothic - Mahogany
              PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
              DRAGONS: Male Coyote

jmoore
              Participant

Hooray! So glad to hear and I wish you a speedy recovery!

Adaneth
                Participant

Delighted to hear the good news! ๐Ÿ™‚

Prezaurian
                  Participant

-claps- That’s great news! Glad things went so well for you. May your recovery be swift and relaxing!

Melody
                    Keymaster

Fantastic!

Natasha
                      Participant

I got contacted yesterday by the National Bone Marrow Registry – I’m a match for someone who needs a bone marrow transplant! I’ve been signed up with them for almost a decade, but never heard from them. I’ve done the prelim screening and let them send my DNA sample to the patients doctor. Apparently, they try to make a list of all possible matches, sort the best matches, then send the samples to the patients doctor to decide which one matches the best (thus decreasing the chance of transplant rejection). They said they’d let me know either way in the next 2 months. One of my best friends died of Lukemia a few years ago (this week is the anniversary of his death which is especially touching). It would be awesome to get to help someone in this way!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                        ANY Red Eyed Unis
                        ANY Test Paint Bat
                        UNIS:
                        Male- Snow Leopard TP
                        Gothic - Mahogany

Bullsquid
                        Participant

I got contacted yesterday by the National Bone Marrow Registry – I’m a match for someone who needs a bone marrow transplant! I’ve been signed up with them for almost a decade, but never heard from them. I’ve done the prelim screening and let them send my DNA sample to the patients doctor. Apparently, they try to make a list of all possible matches, sort the best matches, then send the samples to the patients doctor to decide which one matches the best (thus decreasing the chance of transplant rejection). They said they’d let me know either way in the next 2 months. One of my best friends died of Lukemia a few years ago (this week is the anniversary of his death which is especially touching). It would be awesome to get to help someone in this way!

Wow, Natasha! That is such a generous and awesome thing to do. I really admire people like you who are willing to go through something like that to save another person’s life.

Natasha
                          Participant

Wow, Natasha! That is such a generous and awesome thing to do. I really admire people like you who are willing to go through something like that to save another person’s life.

Thanks! It’s actually much less scary than most people think. The process where they put the giant needle into your hip is only used 30% of the time and they put you under anesthesia so you’re just a little sore after. Usually they just give you five days of injections to make your bones produce a ton of marrow that goes into your blood stream, and then they put you on a machine that filters out the marrow and puts the rest of the blood back in you. Apparently the injections make your joints ache, and give you a headache and nausea for about a week but that’s not so bad. I’ve had cycles worse than that! ๐Ÿ˜‰

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                            ANY Test Paint Bat
                            UNIS:
                            Male- Snow Leopard TP
                            Gothic - Mahogany

Adaneth
                            Participant

Awwww, SO envious! I’ve been on the list for a decade or so too. How exciting! I hope you’re a match and it goes super smooth and it’s a huge help to the recipient. It’s neat how many of them are done with injections and apheresis now.

BIG THUMBS UP! ๐Ÿ˜€

Prezaurian
                              Participant

Dang, I didn’t even know a list like that existed! It’s pretty awesome and generous of you to sign up. -claps- Good luck to you and the patient you could potentially help!

Natasha
                                Participant

Dang, I didn’t even know a list like that existed! It’s pretty awesome and generous of you to sign up. -claps- Good luck to you and the patient you could potentially help!

Yep, they’re http://www.bethematch.org it’s free to sign up for 18-44 year olds (This is the group they find give the most useful cells for some reason). They will still take 45-60 year olds but they ask for a $100 to cover the genetic testing to add you to the registry (because they rarely choose people in that age bracket). They send you a kit, you swab your cheek, and you send it back. Other than that they email you once a year to check if your info is still current. And if you match, they call. I’ve been there for years and this is the first possible match. It’s pretty cool.

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  Gothic - Mahogany

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,228 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.