fbpx

The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The "Heck Yeah!" Thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,231 total)
  • Author
    Stormbringer777
    Participant

CONGRATS!!!! :party: I know EXACTLY how it feels to be unemployed for a long period of time.(1 year) 🙁 You must feel on top of the world right now! 😀 Please tell us what it is you’re doing. You stuck with it, didn’t give up and scored!!! 😀 GOOD JOB!!!!

Yeah Falcolf!!! So happy for you and we can all feel your excitement 🙂

Erika
      Participant

HECK YEAH!
        Even better news today guys – I waited a couple of days to make certain that this was for realz, (because my job hunt has taught me to be suspicious) BUT I HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN HIRED! (Not temp!) I can’t believe it – I will have money for Christmas (unlike last year) and I’ll be able to pay bills, rebuild my savings – and of COURSE I will be throwing some money at Windstone soon, now that I can afford to buy the curlie that I wanted to buy for my mom last year!! I have so much stuff to look forwards to now – getting my passport, FINALLY shipping art that I have done for people but have been unable to afford sending and maybe, just maybe in the next year or so moving out. HUZZAH! I want to thank everyone who wished me luck and offered words of hope – I just know things are going to get better from here on out!

ALSO I just did four days of work on another temp job on top of that and I just got paid – yeeee! It’s amazing how exciting getting paid is when you’ve been broke for so long!! (Restraining my spending and making sure most of the temp job pay goes to intelligent uses only may be a trick haha.)

Nicely done! Jobs is always good, hehe

Falcolf
        Participant

Eeeee thanks you guys!!! You’re amazing!!! <3 <3 <3

My new job is just a little retail job at a sort of small, local, discount 'everything' store that sells everything from lice combs to beaded curtains and bath mats to all natural granola bars. At it my responsibilities include stocking shelves (merchandising I suppose it's officially called haha) and being cashier (and NO cleaning so far which is a huge plus – at all my previous jobs I had to do a lot of store cleaning.) I am SO HAPPY because even though my new job is retail (ick!) and part time (also ick!) it's going to give me enough hours to pay my bills (so it isn't awful part time – it's really the best amount of hours that any job I have applied for has offered so HAPPINESS because this is the one of all of the ones that I applied for that I scored), save some money (it's been suggested I save for a down payment on a mortgage instead of saving up to move out… hmmm) and have a little bit of fun too! (Windstones, art supplies, driver's license and travelling hehe.)

I'm calling it a 'stepping stone job' because I plan on working at it only as long as I have to until I get a better job somewhere else where I would prefer to be (such as a bookshop! I would loooove to work at a bookshop!) that offers me full time work. 🙂 (And that's a stepping stone too, because my end career goal is to become a full time AUTHOR! What genre? Fantasy of course! It's what my three year old self wanted and what my elementary school self wanted, so it seems to me that it is what I am meant to do.)

AND my job has already giving me my first pay check! I'm getting it tomorrow! There's only a few hours on it, but no job I have had has ever given me a check so soon after hiring me before! 🙂 So, so happy!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Skigod377
          Participant

I DID IT!!! I signed up for the Great Wall Marathon!!!!!!!!!!

O.O

https://www.facebook.com/greatwallmarathon
            http://great-wall-marathon.com/

Adaneth
            Participant

Wow, congrats! What an experience! 🙂

Pegasi1978
              Participant

Finished Hubby’s pirate shirt tonight.

Adaneth
                Participant

Love it! 🙂

I suppose I should post here too: had a celebration Friday for my 15th service anniversary at my job, with pizza and apple pie/ice cream and flowers and of course best of all is the $100 gift certificate from my employer. I am looking forward to spending that! :party:

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Congrats on the anniversary!

And that pirate seems to have a strange weapon in his hand…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Chloe
                    Participant

I met a forum member IN PERSON!! Heck, yeah! And we talked so much we lost track of um, HOURS…. 😀

We are both from the same suburb! Like, within 10 miles of each other! Small world, huh??

phantomess
                      Participant

^ That’s pretty awesome, Chloe! Who did ya meet?

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

dragonmedley
                        Participant

Isn’t it awesome? I always look forward to meeting with members in my area – and the ones not in my area when I’m visiting 😀

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Falcolf
                          Participant

HECK YEAH! Today my 2 year old ex-feral kitten Casper (who is like sickeningly cute) sat, of his own free will, upon my lap for over three hours, half of which the little dude spent SLEEPING! I am so honoured by this little cat’s trust and SO PROUD OF HIM because I actually NEVER imagined that this cat would EVER be a lap cat! I love him sooo much and I just can’t say it enough – I AM PROUD OF THIS CAT! Thank you universe!!!

And I know this sort of thing is ‘pics or it didn’t happen’ so here’s two that my dad took!

photo CaspersFirstTimeSittingOnMyLapOctober26th2013phototakenbyDad.jpg

LOOK HOW ADORABLE AND TINY HE IS.

photo CaspersFirstTimeSittingOnMyLapOctober26th2013phototakenbyDadthisshotaround8pmlaterthatday.jpg

Proof that he slept! (And actually, we both slept! I passed out haha!) I’m pretty much imploding at the sheer amount of cuteness that Casper is portraying here. Again, so proud of this little tiny cat! When I first trapped him in my backyard in North Vancouver this little dude wouldn’t even let me LOOK at him and had some pretty bad language (soooo much hissing) and yet today he meows to ask me to pet him AND HE SAT ON MY LAP.

So, so happy right now! 😀

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
                            Blocked

That’s so cute Falcolf and so great of you to rescue him! That reminds me of my cat Saucey who we took in from another lady who rescued her and she was the most scared cat I have ever had. She would just hide under beds or in cupboards most of the time and come out for food once in a while. If she did come out and heard someone come to the door, she would growl and go run and hide. She would fight with our other cat too over food and we didn’t know if she would ever come around. In the last two years she has come around though and now loves being petted, races me to the bathroom and rubs on me the whole time I am in there and a couple months ago for the first time, she also jumped on my lap. She is the kind of cat who did not like to be picked up and would jump out of your arms if you tried and would never sit on a lap. She actually sat on my lap at the computer for like an hour while I worked online one night. Since then she has jumped on my lap a couple more times and I am just surprised every time. She is our nicest cat now and even smiles at us when we pet her, although she will still hide when she hears someone come to the door! I am not sure why but as soon as she hears the person leave the door, she comes out and is fine again.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Mercury Star
                              Participant

That is great, Falcolf, it is such an awesome feeling, isn’t it?! I volunteer at a no-kill cat shelter, and it is always such a wonderful breakthrough when one of the super-shy/ferals sits in a lap. Even more so when it is your own! 🙂 The warm feeling you get because you know it takes so much trust for that animal to do something like that, and of course the wonderful glow you get knowing you were the one they chose to show it to.

And how fun you got to meet another forum member, Chloe!

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,231 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.